Official The Boys Season 1 Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
giphy.gif
\

Even thought I KNOW he's the same actor as Sheriff Lucas Hood, when I see him in this show I just can't believe it's him. Plus he looks so much younger.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Read up on black noir and I think I spoiled the whole show for myself :francis:
I had the same curiosity, and when I started to go down that rabbit hole it looked like it was heading in that super super direction I went ahead and closed that shyt out. I'll check up on it after season 2. The mystery got me feeling like Pookie though.

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
I just remembered two things

Butcher really wanted the CIA to deal with Homelander.....how the fukk exactly was that going to play out? Were they going to send soldiers to apprehend him? For him to end them dudes lives ?

Secondly when he was talking to Maeve and he asked her why do they snap to attention when people wanted them to do something...and Maeve said that they were who signed their checks......I was like ...you got superpowers and you bound by a paycheck? Them dudes could rob the fukk outta criminals with zero impunity

If Homelander went to a drug cartel and told them they had to pay him 25 % of profits...who the fukk is telling him no?

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Now I do after that last scene. His whole vendetta throughout the season was basically built on BS. Almost everyone he killed and his actions was based on lies. :mjcry:
True, but it doesn't change the fact that he's right about them being really fukked up, frauds, and a danger to society. Now the question is will he be as passionate in opposing them now that he doesn't have the same motivation for his vendetta. Although knowing his wife gave up the cheeks willingly and had a baby by THE hero of "heros," that he knows is a murderous egomaniac, may be just as much fuel to his anger as the lie was. After all, she probably wouldn't have been so smitten just by his presence if it wasn't for the whole facade of marketing by Vought to paint them as the walking embodiments of justice and goodwill and protection.

The whole system still needs to be burned to the ground and Butcher is still sympathetic imo. Now he just got the strong endorsement of the GMB crew and potentially Lawrencehive to add to his campaign funding:salute:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I had the same curiosity, and when I started to go down that rabbit hole it looked like it was heading in that super super direction I went ahead and closed that shyt out. I'll check up on it after season 2. The mystery got me feeling like Pookie though.

Even basic character descriptions appear to be spoilers for events that probably won't happen until several seasons down the road. I just wanted to know what their powers were, I wasn't looking to be spoiled :mjcry:

Butcher really wanted the CIA to deal with Homelander.....how the fukk exactly was that going to play out? Were they going to send soldiers to apprehend him? For him to end them dudes lives ?

Secondly when he was talking to Maeve and he asked her why do they snap to attention when people wanted them to do something...and Maeve said that they were who signed their checks......I was like ...you got superpowers and you bound by a paycheck? Them dudes could rob the fukk outta criminals with zero impunity

If Homelander went to a drug cartel and told them they had to pay him 25 % of profits...who the fukk is telling him no?

Mesmer is the one I still don't get.
He was ALREADY into insider trading. Why didn't he just disguise himself and keep doing that until he was the richest man in the world? He could easily get away with some "Trading Places" scams.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons

I mean, we don't really know if the whole "he has no weakness" thing is true. Every superhero has a weakness. I'm sure the dude he visited, that told him about having a kid, would know what it is. I can't see the government legalizing vigilantism, while allowing it to be monetized, without having some sort of regulation and plan on the worst case scenarios. shyt, Vought itself would be idiots to not know how to control its assets.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
True, but it doesn't change the fact that he's right about them being really fukked up, frauds, and a danger to society. Now the question is will he be as passionate in opposing them now that he doesn't have the same motivation for his vendetta. Although knowing his wife gave up the cheeks willingly and had a baby by THE hero of "heros," that he knows is a murderous egomaniac, may be just as much fuel to his anger as the lie was. After all, she probably wouldn't have been so smitten just by his presence if it wasn't for the whole facade of marketing by Vought to paint them as the walking embodiments of justice and goodwill and protection.

The whole system still needs to be burned to the ground and Butcher is still sympathetic imo. Now he just got the strong endorsement of the GMB crew and potentially Lawrencehive to add to his campaign funding:salute:
:russ: and :wow:

#ButcherGang