Official The Boys Season 1 Thread

Edub

Veteran
Daps
tenor.gif

Ok back to the show..... anybody find it weird that Supes are supposed to be sterile but at the bowling alley, Starlight says that the invisible man has a son
Sorry cuz....but they decided to make this issue part of the show....can’t just watch some of it....gotta consume ALL of it

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Damn I guess I need to rate this

TV shows are hard. Although unlike Agents of Shield that's meant to just go on forever, this feels very focused. Reminds me of Watchmen, which they say should have been a series of some sort.

Here goes.

5 mics.

Of all the superhero deconstruction I have ever seen, this was the best. Another poster wrote earlier that they still don't know who to root for. I'm right there too. But it's great. It's challenging and adds tension. Cause you wanna like this guy but now you should hate him but now it looks like he was a victim all along.

Hats off to the creators of the show tho. I never read the Boys but from what I know about it I would hate it. Too much rape and adolescent sex humor.

While they left enough in to keep it disgusting, they actually cleaned up enough to make it seem artful, not just gratuitous.

Finally a reason to have Prime

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another show the Coli put me on to. I’m mad it was only 8 episodes.

Like somebody said I don’t know who to root for. That’s how good the show is.

Definitely not rooting for Highlander but he is probably my favorite a$$hole at the moment:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I think I have said it on here before....that you could put the exact same show from other networks on HBO and suddenly people would find it more "compelling, original, groundbreaking, edgy"

basically the logo matters more than the content for critical acclaim

True, but I can think of a counter example:

"Succession" on HBO is a much better show than "Billions", but I see a lot more people talking about Billions. (That may change with the upcoming season, though).

But in general, if a show like "Counterpart" were on HBO, then the show threads would probably have had thousands of replies.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Another show the Coli put me on to. I’m mad it was only 8 episodes.

Like somebody said I don’t know who to root for. That’s how good the show is.

Definitely not rooting for Highlander but he is probably my favorite a$$hole at the moment:
Its great that it was only 8 episodes.
These muthafukkas got right to the point!
shyt, they kinda made the shyt better than the comic imo.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I just spoiled Black Noir for myself cause the curiosity got the best of me...and damn...i say damn :damn:

I need them to unleash him on the show. He on a whole nother level and I would have never had guessed it :banderas:
is it some big reveal? I'm kinda curious :lupe:

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
True, but I can think of a counter example:

"Succession" on HBO is a much better show than "Billions", but I see a lot more people talking about Billions. (That may change with the upcoming season, though).

But in general, if a show like "Counterpart" were on HBO, then the show threads would probably have had thousands of replies.

My guess is that only happened because Billions came first and had a 2 season plus headstart on Succession

And I would still be willing to bet that Succession will end up with more awards than Billions....

Has Billions even won an award?