Official The Boys Season 1 Thread

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
tenor.gif

Ok back to the show..... anybody find it weird that Supes are supposed to be sterile but at the bowling alley, Starlight says that the invisible man has a son
Oh shyt:jbhmm:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The atrocity’s committed by the “Christians” you’re talking about are really just white racists using a religion to cover their evil....and they’ve been doing so throughout time....but Christianity itself as a faith has done nothing to no one....evil men with agendas have. “Hindus have been attacking Muslims for ever violently”....but those are men, not Hinduism.....Muslims been shooting and bombing shyt since I been on this earth, but again, man not the faith.......none of these religions teaches to do any of these things ...MAN does this, so good people who simply practice their faith should constantly have it called into question because idiots can’t seperate the evil in man from having faith in God. Nah

And is atheism or confusion on the topic of God supposed to be new normal or the new goal post for society..... no ones belief should be disrespected by anyone....especially only because they stand confused on the subject themselves. It’s the epitome of ignorance to shoot down what you don’t understand. If that’s how we rockin everybody just go join a hate group, cuz it’s the same shyt.
You're right, Christianity is an easy target in Hollywood. But everything in the show's "attacks" on Christianity applies equally to all religions. Islam, Judaism, Hindu, etc.

They're all filled with gullible followers who see their religion as the true word of God and give a pass to manipulative, self serving religious leaders who take full advantage of their lack of skepticism.

For you to see this as an indictment exclusively on Christianity is to miss the point.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
You're right, Christianity is an easy target in Hollywood. But everything in the show's "attacks" on Christianity applies equally to all religions. Islam, Judaism, Hindu, etc.

They're all filled with gullible followers who see their religion as the true word of God and give a pass to manipulative, self serving religious leaders who take full advantage of their lack of skepticism.

For you to see this as an indictment exclusively on Christianity is to miss the point.
Seth and crew developed an entire episode devoted to the “wack and foolish” culture of Christianity.....so how am I exactly missing the point..... If they showed examples of all religions imo, it’d still be wrong, but maybe equally fair....but it isn’t, it’s just him trying to maintain relevancy and appeal to counter culture.....but there are a number of ways to do that other than this. He’s Orthodox Jew, or at least was raised as such....why doesn’t he “expose” that set.......

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seth and crew developed an entire episode devoted to the “wack and foolish” culture of Christianity.....so how am I exactly missing the point..... If they showed examples of all religions imo, it’d still be wrong, but maybe equally fair....but it isn’t, it’s just him trying to maintain relevancy and appeal to counter culture.....but there are a number of ways to do that other than this. He’s Orthodox Jew, or at least was raised as such....why doesn’t he “expose” that set.......

Still missing the point. Several areas of western society were given that work. I guess you missed the arching jab at celebrity, capitalism, sexism, violence. Does that offend you too? Religion was and should be right in the line of fire with them. But if you're paying attention, the jabs are at people's use of them. The religious jab was especially apt given the Deification of a president who was seen as a rich playboi womanizer, but in order to be President has buddied up with the religious right and got people following him like the Mesiah. I get it. They attacked our(yes, I'm Christian too) religion, but don't sit there and act like we don't deserve that work as a religion. :ufdup:History says otherwise.

Lord-Yosh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York
Finished this shyt yesterday after bingeing it and this shyt is 5/5 status :blessed: I was split between the boys and the heroes until Homelander went to the bumass scientist that "raised" him :russell: completely foul n fukked up. By time he went to the house with butcher and the old lady I knew it was only a question of when he was gonna kill her :myman: Butcher thinking this narcissistic fukk has a weakness and it's a human:russ: , the plot twist at the end :shaq: nikka said don't feel bad all the women throw themselves at me.:mjlit: Imagine for 8 years thinking your wife was killed and raped by someone she was fukking and got pregnant by :mjcry: Buctcher hold this L:dead:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This is an American production. It's these wacky and foolish Christians that have massive social and political significance. You have politicians and corporations pandering to them to win and maintain their support. At the same time you see how they're not exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

If this were an Israeli show then it would make it'd be the conservative Jews front and center. And yes, they would be just as wacky just like all fanatics from all religions.

You see this as in indictment on Christianity. I see it as an indictment on all organized religion :yeshrug: