Official The Batman Thread

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Let Affleck do his thing when he gets old and grey on us, they'd have no choice but to give us a batman beyond movie

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Why do y'all think Affleck is a good batman?
For me Affleck is the only modern Batman movie actor to play both identities well.
Keaton was a good Bruce Wayne but his Batman was unremarkable (that suit didn't help)
Kilmer was a better Bruce than a Batman.
Clooney was awful in both roles.
Bale was a better Bruce than batman with that over the top ridiculous voice.

Affleck worked as Bruce Wayne and was the closest to the comic book and cartoon Batman than anyone else who ever played the role. Now a lot of that has to do with the directors of the individual movies too. For all the hate he gets, Snyder loves comic books so he wanted his Batman to be like the character he read and didn't limit him to just being a guy in a costume who cut a decent silhouette.

But I am not married to the idea of Affleck as Batman. If he leaves then just cast someone else who can do the gig and keep it moving.

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
1001-ben-affleck-mega-4.jpg

:dame:... We byke?

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
REVENGE REPORT: The Wait For THE BATMAN May Be Longer Than You Think, More - Revenge of The Fans

Matt Reeves recently revealed his hopes for a Spring or Summer start for his Batman movie, and that led to the assumption that the film would release sometime in 2020. But the word on the street is that the film’s release year is likely to be later than that and, depending on who you ask, possibly much later.

On the most recent episode of The Fanboy Podcast, I shared with you that I’d heard from sources within Warner Bros. that 2021 is the year being discussed for the next film about the Dark Knight- which we’re all still calling The Batman for now. But someone else I trust has informed me that 2021 is kind of a best case scenario, and that the wait could be longer than that. Because despite their desire for a 2021 release, it’s more important for them that the film be as good as possible than to hit some arbitrary release date.

I’m referring to Bill “Jett” Ramey of Batman-On-Film, who’s been posting some cryptic teases about the duration of our anticipated wait for The Batman on his twitter account. Since he’s a friend of mine, and his intel has checked out many times in the past (more on that later), I reached out to him directly to get the skinny on his calls for Batman fans to be patient. He’s heard they’re taking their time perfecting the script in order to position this next Batman film for maximum success, and he urges me that none of this is bad news.

While one may be quick to assume that there’s perhaps some sort of issue with the movie, which has led to some perceived “delay,” he says the reason for the extended wait for the film is actually all positive. It’s apparently all in service of the film itself, as the studio is fully aware that this needs to be great and are in no rush to get him back to the big screen unless they’re sure he’s in the best shape.

And remember, folks, no release date was ever set. And Reeves only said he “hoped” to get it ready to film in Spring or Summer. So this isn’t really a delay. Similar to what just happened with The Flash, it’s just the studio backing off a projected start date in order to make sure the film has everything it needs instead of rushing it out of the gate- something they were maligned for doing with Justice League.

So don’t be worried about The Batman; Just be patient.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
For me Affleck is the only modern Batman movie actor to play both identities well.
Keaton was a good Bruce Wayne but his Batman was unremarkable (that suit didn't help)
Kilmer was a better Bruce than a Batman.
Clooney was awful in both roles.
Bale was a better Bruce than batman with that over the top ridiculous voice.

Affleck worked as Bruce Wayne and was the closest to the comic book and cartoon Batman than anyone else who ever played the role. Now a lot of that has to do with the directors of the individual movies too. For all the hate he gets, Snyder loves comic books so he wanted his Batman to be like the character he read and didn't limit him to just being a guy in a costume who cut a decent silhouette.

But I am not married to the idea of Affleck as Batman. If he leaves then just cast someone else who can do the gig and keep it moving.
Basically this, and s much i do like Bale in the role, they killed his batman side by altering his voice in post imo...

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Script is done, filming planned for November

Aaron: When will we hear who will lead Matt Reeves' The Batman? Presumably, it won't be Ben Affleck.

Borys: The script is basically in, although Reeves will continue tweaking it and working on it. And I'm hearing the studio wants to start shooting in November. So let's say between now and then?

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Damn, so this won’t be out till at least 2021.

Not exactly, depends on how effects heavy it is & the shoot schedule, they could easily film in November and drop the film 2020 November or December. Reeves said he wants it to be "Detective based" so I could see a lower budget and less effects.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Script is done, filming planned for November

Aaron: When will we hear who will lead Matt Reeves' The Batman? Presumably, it won't be Ben Affleck.

Borys: The script is basically in, although Reeves will continue tweaking it and working on it. And I'm hearing the studio wants to start shooting in November. So let's say between now and then?

See reeves really better deliver .