Official The Batman Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s currently 3 jokers in the comics.

Elseworlds have been a comic book staple.

X men already had 2 actors playing the same role in the same film.

Anybody acting shocked or confused about this either isn’t a comic book fan or is a Disney stan. And if somebody is still ending their posts with Martha 2 years after BVS that should already tell you the quality and type of poster. :manny:
I’m going gomna see both regardless but I like letos joker as it’s different . He just had so little screen time.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
EXCLUSIVE: Lewis Tan Has Met With DC About 'NIGHTWING' - That Hashtag Show

Actor Lewis Tan (Deadpool 2, Into the Badlands) is on the rise in Hollywood and he has set his sights on one of DC’s most iconic characters: dikk Grayson. The actor has taken to his social media on more than one occasion to express his desire to land the role of Grayson in Chris McKay’s Nightwing and has received considerable fan support in his pursuits

That Hashtag Show: I loved you in Deadpool 2. Amazing job. I recently saw on social media you tweeted something out regarding DC Comics…

Lewis Tan: I knew it was coming!

THS: Hey, somebody’s gotta ask you, right? There’s a lot of rumors, and I’m half-Asian, I would love to see an Asian dikk Grayson.

LT: Oh, you are? Represent!

THS: I want to see you as dikk Grayson. Are we actually going to make this a reality?

LT: I know Chris McKay wants a martial artist, right, so that’s out there. He’s following me on Twitter, you know…there’s a lot of good juju vibes out there for that. Nothing that I can say that is confirmed. This is a project that he’s still developing and I sat down with DC, with some of the executives at DC, and they’re big fans, I’m a big fan, obviously. My father came to America, because of Batman (Tan’s father worked on Tim Burton’s 1989 film) and, you know, I definitely want to see that come full circle and give back. Im not trading in my Marvel roots, because they started me, but DC started my dad, so it would be nice to go over there and play around and find the right thing. So we’re looking for the right thing and there were a lot of different talks and Nightwing was one of those that were mentioned, so we’ll see.

THS: We’ll see…I hope it is Nightwing, but if it were Nightwing, and you get to choose your choice of villain, which villain would you choose?

LT: Oh, I can’t answer that…I can’t answer that…I can’t answer that because there’s too many. There’s too many good ones and I wouldn’t want to sway the story either way. I gotta be really careful when I talk about that. Chris McKay might be like, “I wanted him, but then he picked (blank),” so I won’t say nothing!

THS: Well, hopefully you get the job, man. I’m really excited for this.

LT: Yeah, I would put everything into it. I think that, when you’re a martial artist and you’re doing an action show, you can do so much more. You don’t have to cut around the actor, you don’t have to hide the actor and the performance alone is going to show so much more because it’s all you and you’re all there and you’re putting your blood, sweat and physicality into the role which is a big part of these type of films, you know, like Deadpool and Batman and Iron Fist, all those roles that I did, I can put so much more into it and I think it comes across, you know, and when fans see it they go, “Wow, that was incredible!”, even if it was short they go, “Wow, that was incredible!” and I think it’s because of that effort you put into it.

THS: And there’s also no reason why dikk Grayson can’t be Asian.

LT: None that I see, my friend.​

Not only has Tan met with DC, but he has discussed the role of Nightwing! He certainly has a passion for the character and the project, so it’ll be interesting to see how that plays into the decisions of DC and director Chris McKay as the project continues to develop. Stay tuned to That Hashtag Show for more on this story as it develops.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Just make the got damn movies. fukk all this universe shyt
i1cvx.jpg
Nah they want to be Marvel Gang so bad that they'll destroy themselves in a futile attempt to make billions

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Nah they want to be Marvel Gang so bad that they'll destroy themselves in a futile attempt to make billions

yep. should just make good movies and connect them on some stand alone group joints.
instead they trying to map out 3 batman movies, 4 justice league movies, plus cameos in other movies. that's a lot for an actor, especially an actor who likes to do his own projects

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I wasn't a fan of his acting chops on Into the badlands. Besides, dikk is supposed to differentiate himself from batman and his brothers by being the compassionate one. The robin that looks for the best in people.
I haven't watched the latest season of INto Badlands yet so I can't speak on his performance in that but the guy was one of the few bright spots in Iron Fist.
And if he is called on to act compassionate I am sure he can act compassionate. There is no reason to think he can't portray the Grayson personality just based on him playing assholish characters previously.

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
That story about this movie being set in the same universe as the Todd Phillips' JOKER movie is :duck:

Screenrant is a fugazi / make shyt up for clicks, site