Official The Batman Thread

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
They should have changed director for the sequel.

This wasn't a bad movie, and the feel for Gotham is great but this movie didn't have one memorable scene.

The story isn't good enough for a rewatch, there's no standout action or intense sequences or memorable performances.

Nolan did the realistic Batman better and still made it memorable. That take will not be topped, so what is the point trying it again just to end up with an inferior version?

Give Nolan the same plot and he makes it a memorable movie as he would have constructed the movie around Riddler death traps.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
zoe-kravitz-the-batman.jpg
The only thing that stuck with me after the movie

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
They should have changed director for the sequel.

This wasn't a bad movie, and the feel for Gotham is great but this movie didn't have one memorable scene.

The story isn't good enough for a rewatch, there's no standout action or intense sequences or memorable performances.

Nolan did the realistic Batman better and still made it memorable. That take will not be topped, so what is the point trying it again just to end up with an inferior version?

Give Nolan the same plot and he makes it a memorable movie as he would have constructed the movie around Riddler death traps.
this is basically lingering in my head as well
I'm giving it a chance though maybe they'll get more fantastical as they go on

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
I thought i would enjoy this movie from all the things i heard about it ie, a suspense, mystery kind of like se7en etc... but man this movie was bad. It's one of those movies where great established actors sucked. all Jeffrey Wright did was whisper and Paul Dano was off as the Riddler and they're two of the best character actors in the business.

i blame the screenplay and director. 3 hours was overkill and i cant believe this Batman/Bruce Wayne was wearing eye shadow and looking horribly pale. SMH

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Joint was dope to me. Only a few things I thought should be changed
That joint was too long
He took too many blast to the body and face (:dame:) he was too damn close in that church scene
And he was a little too emo for my liking (even tho I get why he on that ultra recluse tip but he had too much school shooter vibe. Shoulda gave him a tad bit of swag)

I do like that he was getting fukked up by some henchmen gave a good look into what a young superhero gotta go through.
Liked the narration of his diary thought that was a cool added touch
The gangsters were cool, riddler was kinda unhinged and dope to me.
And I liked the background story with his pops being corrupt and running with the hoods, showed even our heros got their bad side.

Cool movie. Might watch it again but gotta carve out a whole block of day to watch it. :heh:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
about an hour in…super solid movie so far…like the pacing…and this is the ABSOLUTE sexiest zoe kravitz has ever been imo

so I watched the first 2.5 hours that same night and just finished the last 30 minutes tonight lol…I enjoyed the first 2 hours immensely…as it’s probably been said in here a lot, it reminded me of se7en but once the mystery was solved the movie felt like a bit of a letdown…the last hour was just tough for me to watch…I don’t know what went wrong but I enjoyed the chase more than the “payoff”…good movie overall…I don’t think it will stand the test of time tho especially zoe’s role as catwoman…dude made for a great batman tho…bale, keaton, pattinson are top 3 in that order