Official The Batman Thread

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The thing is having Batman not be smart enough to solve things is that it kinda breaks the world. If Batman isn't significantly smarter than the cops then how does Gordon justify letting him just have free reign on a crime scene full of cops. The commissioner called him out on that with the first murder and then it was just dropped. It doesn't make sense to let a random civilian that is mentally unbalanced just walk around crime scenes unless he has been demonstrated to be capable of solving crimes that cops can't solve. We never saw him do that so why is he allowed there?
I think they kinda made light of that a couple of times. Like when he found that carpet remover thing in evidence. The cops is like, "Hey, what are you doing?!" or some shyt and proceed to get what he is looking for anyway. I guess the point is the cops are just to puzzy to stop him from doing what he wants.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's not what you did here. You've been whining for days. 90% of people loved the movie. Too bad you don't. You're just repeating shyt you said 20 times already :mjlol:
Why are you bothered though?
I may watch it again this week, so I'll have more insights.

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
On another note as far as this everyone loves this movie consensus - it isn't translating to the box office though.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
On another note as far as this everyone loves this movie consensus - it isn't translating to the box office though.

That's not true either. Top 30 all-time OW.. among the highest for origins. Higher than Spider-Man Homecoming which is the easy comp because they've both had multiple franchise starters over the past 20 years. Less than 50% drop Fri-Sun one of the lowest drops for a movie ever that opened over $100M. And that's with the HBO Max release coming in 30 days.

This is exactly what WB wanted. Will probably be around eight hundred million before the drop on HBO Max to increase the user base.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The real joke is having Bruce Wayne in this movie. There was no Bruce. Just Batman.
Bruce was just Batman unmasked.

Yeah it doesn't help Pattinson that they didn't give Bruce anything to do. I thought they'd give him something at the end because he goes into Falcone's club at the end as Bruce but nothing happened and there was no stakes attached to that.

So not only did he not look the part of Bruce but they didn't give Bruce anything worthwhile to do in the movie to alleviate that.

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He uncovered the thumb deal/deduced the murder weapon/analyzed the blood splatter/uncovered Anikka/blew up Catwoman's spot/put the Maroni and GCPD conspiracy together.. what didn't he do :mjlol:

Once a clown always a clown Lol and don't @ me we're done here... :manny:

The thumb drive thing was a dark obvious pun that didn't require deduction.

How did he deduce the murder weapon? He didn't even know what it was until the cop told him. It was a bloody object in the home of the serial killer of course that was the murder weapon.

What do you mean uncovered Annika? Do you mean found her dead body, because Catwoman did that while robbing the drug deal. She also interrogated the dirty cop involved in killing her to get a recording of the rat basically confessing to being the rat. Batman and Gordon weren't even considering that guy at the time.

Edit: He did find Annika alive by following Catwoman from the club. Then instead of interrogating or protecting her, the witness that was with the Mayor on camera, he follows Catwoman to wrongly accuse her of killing the Mayor.

He didn't put the conspiracy together, Riddler literally exposed the corruption. That was his whole plan, to expose everyone connected to that case that was working for the rat. That included the police commissioner. Of course the police were involved. He literally saw a cop that he beat up at the club in the police station. It doesn't take a detective to see crooked cops working for gangsters and the police commissioner get killed and think maybe they are involved in something shady.

Last edited:

chico25

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's just you ignorantly putting your own spin on the movie instead of watching what's actually on screen. But you do that a lot :manny:

He beat up the Penguin's thug then saw he was a cop. Obvious corruption. The police commissioner was killed as part of the Riddler's list of corrupt figures that was said to be tied to the big drug bust. Obvious high level police corruption.

You liked the movie cool. I didn't, why do you care?

Last edited: