Official The Batman Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I think he only cared about people that directly involved or could be responsible for his type of upbringing. He went for Bruce because Thomas was already dead, he went for Falconi because he was involved from the start, Penguin was a worker.
Penguin wasn't a target.Batman and Gordon guessed wrong and went after him.

And the new mayor wasn’t involved at all and actually called out the Renewal fund as unhelpful. He still targeted her.

The arena scene was just for his Riddler gang to let out their anger. The guy mumbling at the funeral was in the gang. But it didn’t advance the Riddler’s cause.

Fletch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
Penguin wasn't a target.Batman and Gordon guessed wrong and went after him.

And the new mayor wasn’t involved at all and actually called out the Renewal fund as unhelpful. He still targeted her.

The arena scene was just for his Riddler gang to let out their anger. The guy mumbling at the funeral was in the gang. But it didn’t advance the Riddler’s cause.
That’s what I’m saying with Penguin as for the mayor probably just a preemptive strike against perceived corruption

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
That’s what I’m saying with Penguin as for the mayor probably just a preemptive strike against perceived corruption

I’m confused what your saying. He makes a preemptive strike against corruption but doesn’t target the mob except for Falcone?

He just floods a whole city of innocent people?

Preemptive implies you know what is going to happen. Random people is the exact opposite.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
She was trying to leave the city, police stopped her and told her she couldn’t use the street because of the bombs.
No. I’m saying unless I missed something the city of Gotham isn't surrounded on all sides by water.

The fact her path out of town on a bike(which can go ways cars can’t) brought her right to the Arena was contrivance.
Just end the movie at the club what’s she already was trying to kill Falcone. You can still have Riddler’s goons in there with the same setup for the adrenaline.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just got back from the theater

What stuck to me mostly after the film was over was that other than Batman/Bruce Wayne most of the “good” guys in the film were all black. I liked that. There was no black street thugs or random henchmen for Bats to beat up on. The black characters were all either Selina, Gordon, the Mayor Elect lady (With her FINE self:banderas:) and even random doctors and scientists. So the movie automatically got some points for that.

You can tell this is a movie that was close to Matt Reeves heart because the story really clicked and every character made sense to the narrative. They didn’t throw anybody in just to make it a “Batman movie”. Pattison did a great job as emo-Bruce and i’m sure it’s probably been said before, but it definitely felt like this was the Batman movie with the most “Batman” as opposed to Bruce. Pattison was in costume 90% of the runtime it felt like.

There was only one part that really irked me.

When Batman got caught up in the bomb and woke up in the police precinct and nobody had unmasked him yet.:rudy: That shyt was so unrealistic it COMPLETELY took me out of the film and I wish they hadn’t even had done that.

The runtime didn’t feel too long. I know that some critics were saying that 30 minutes or so could have been shaved off but I think that most every scene was necessary. The score was on POINT. Cinematography on POINT. Acting on POINT. And one thing i’m glad about is

By the ending they were pointing towards Bruce realizing he needs to grow into the “classic Bruce” that we know from the comics. The Playboy persona whose out and about Gotham being seen and running the business. Because even though this film’s take on Bruce was something new, “emo-Bruce” wouldn’t have continued to work across multiple movies. It would have gotten tired

I’m not sure if this film is better than Dark Knight. I felt that Dark Knight has a few Iconic moments in it that The Batman lacks. For instance the “I’m going to make this pencil disappear” bit. Or Joker’s surprised reaction after blowing up the hospital. Or Batman on the Bat Cycle. But then I don’t think its fair to compare the two as the Dark Knight was Nolan’s second crack at Batman and this is Reeve’s first.

The Riddler’s scene

in Arkham Asylum with Batman should get Paul Dano some serious award consideration. It was on Seven levels of creepiness

Overall i’d give it a 9/10

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I wanted to love this movie :wow:, but it’s like a 6.5/7 for me. I honestly have no interest in seeing this film again. There are somethings that absolutely work here, and there are other things that leave a lot to be desired — in my opinion.

The fear Batman strikes in criminals is something that’s done really well here. Additionally, the absurdity of a dude just walking around active crime scenes in a Batman getup is played out well. I also think the starting part where Batman is basically narrating the story via his journal is something that should have continued to occur and would have made the film a tighter effort. That kinda Rorshach’s journal narration style is not something that’s been done in a Batman movie before. You could have explored Bruce’s psyche as the murders unfolded, but the director dropped the ball.

Big critiques:

The fight cinematography is awful. They got Batman fighting like the Brooklyn Brawler. This is a big demerit to me. Just hire whoever did the Raid movies fight choreography or something, because the shyt was a joke.

The score just doesn’t work for me. You gotta go get Hans Zimmer or one of them dudes for Batman. You have to have some inspired shyt. Instead, we get some Smashing Pumkpins, Seattle grunge inspired joints. I get what they were trying to do, but no.

There are just too many shots that linger on for no real reason in terms of cinematography that add nothing to the actual story. This movie easily could have been 20-30 minutes shorter with some trimming of some of the extraneous staring at person for 30 seconds and saying nothing removed.

So, in my estimation — Batman is the most interesting superhero psychologically. In fact, Batman has such an interesting psychological makeup that you’re able to create probably the best rogue of comic villains via abstraction from Batman. Two Face speaks to Batman’s sense of “fairness and equity.” The Joker to his sense of a chaotic and entropy filled world that needs to be reigned in. The Penguin to his sense of abandonment and isolation, and so on. To remove the face that Bruce Wayne puts on for the public is to do a great disservice to the character, in my view. Being Batman is easy for Bruce Wayne. He needs Batman. The hard part of his life is getting up everyday and truly convincing the world he’s something he’s not (i.e., a normal person). In this movie, Bruce is just so one note. Pattinson is a great actor. He could have easily pulled off a legit Bruce Wayne that’s a regular and sane person, and the crazed vigilante that jumps from rooftops. Here, Batman is the same person inside and out the mask, and I believe that’s a poor characterization of Batman.

Overall, disappointed. I don’t plan to revisit this movie but I’ll watch the next one when it comes out.

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
This shyt was trash after my first watch. At home now watching Dark Night now to make up for it. Movie was all over the place BUT I be watching again to see if I'm just trippin off the first watch

Yeah, leaving the theater I felt like it was trash. I’m a harsh critic, but it was definitely a miss to me.

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Yeah, leaving the theater I felt like it was trash. I’m a harsh critic, but it was definitely a miss to me.

I had seen all of the Batman movies but the Dark Knight Trilogy is what got me hooked.

We all know that the first movie is always drawn out in these trilogies so I'm willing to give this one another shot and the sequel a chance just because, but this shyt here was :trash: