Official The Batman Thread

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
Colin Farrell killed the Penquin ...sheesh.

He stole every scene

This movie was dumb long.

I still thought it was pretty good though. It actually felt like a film, instead of a cookie cutter CBM movie.

Zoe Kravitz is fine as fukk:whew:

Colin Farrell had the best performance in the movie, because I legit forgot he was Penguin.

For this version of Bruce, I thought Pattinson did a great job. He can really sell the tortured soul type of character.

Overall, Id give it a 7.5/10

I came into this blind. I didn't realize Colin Farrell was The Penguin. He was one of my favorite parts of the movie lol.
My favorite part was Zoe. Cot damn that's a fine mufukka lol lol.

Also didn't realize this mufukka was 3 hrs long :wow:

Overall, I enjoyed it. I'll def be on the lookout for the next in the series

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Y’all told me the runtime wouldn’t matter and that it needed to be 176 minutes:mjlol:

Another Matt Reeves fumble.

The movie was shaping up to be a classic. We had a movie focused on Batman and Gordon chasing Riddler. You had the serial killer and finally a detective vibe on the Batman side. That’s what we had for the first hour.

Then the movie detours and focuses on Catwoman and John Turruroto for 30 minutes and The Riddler becomes a background character. Then the ending/final third was just The Dark Knight Rises all over again and things we’ve already seen in a Batman movie.

The movie was missed potential.

The concept of Riddler was good but Paul Dano started overacting and Riddler’s “crazy scenes” ended up being more funny than disturbing. People were laughing in my screening.

I will say this is the first Batman movie that literally shows you why a criminal would be afraid of Batman when he arrives on the scene.

that’s when the movie got the strongest for me. The stakes of uncovering the corruption started to hit home. Catwoman’s friend got murdered, the bombing of the funeral, and Thomas’ connection to Falcone.

The third act falters cause it switches back to being a Riddler movie who goes into stereo typical kill a bunch of people mode for no reason.

Like Selina was at the Gotham Square arena for no reason. It’s like she didn’t even notice the wall break until the water was at her feet.

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This felt like two great movies (the Riddler serial killer story and the Falcone corruption story) combined into one good movie. Felt like it tried to do too much as far as connecting both and it ended up not being quite as cohesive as it could’ve been. I still enjoyed it though and found myself invested despite the long run time.

But yeah off first watch I’d say this was better than Dark Knight Rises but I’d still rank The Dark Knight and Batman Begins above it

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also

Did anyone else wish Falcone was telling the truth about Thomas Wayne? IDK, I just thought it would've been more interesting if Bruce found out that his father really wasn't as perfect as he thought he was and had to struggle to still be a symbol of hope and not lose his ideals in spite of that. Don't get me wrong, the hospital scene with Alfred defending Thomas Wayne's honor was powerful but it also felt like a bit of a cop out.