Official The Batman Thread

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
No Way Home was your run of the mill Marvel movie with some nostalgia baiting. It was enjoyable but the plot was weak.
It was a fan service blockbuster

Spider Man multiverse >>>> Alternate universe Batman

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
No he's right, fight scenes were amateur hour.
And this has been the major issue for every Batman movie with the exception of the one scene in Batman vs Superman.

I would have traded this for the Affleck directed version.
Well you got this

Holla

I guess your still in the thread sticking around to see who agrees with you :yeshrug:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I feel like this film should be mostly compared to Batman Begins, because everything about The Dark Knight was just perfected from the mistakes of Batman Begins.

The film easily could of cut 20 or 30 minutes. Bruce Wayne was nonexistent. I hope this just the arch for Rob to become more of a human being. The film talked about how Bruce didn't do any real philanthropy.... And filn ended with him not doing a damn thing with his wealth.

I know the film is planned to be a trilogy. The punches in fight scenes lack that audible opmh. It sounded like pillow punches.

Solid 9/10.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I'm conflicted with this movie. Liked how it started and how it set up the mood

The atmosphere and the music was definitely dope. Dude as Batman was serviceable. Few cringe scenes but as Bruce Wayne dude did not work. Just seemed like a kid who was living in the basement too long, just totally not believable. Luckily he was only Bruce for a very short time.

Main problem with this movie is the unnecessary subplots and scenes that just ran on too long. Alfred was useless and his scenes were just forgettable and boring.

Riddler starts interesting and the movie feels like a serial killer thriller but there's a Batman in it. I really think the riddler character got worse as it went on. Then gets lost in the subplots that just added minutes to the movie and not much more.

First half of the movie is strong but that 3rd act was bloated and a lot of fat that could've been trimmed.

Went with 5 others and I'm the only one that kind of liked it. Rest thought it wack. Several people in the theater were complaining they didn't like it either. I totally get it.

Hardcore Batman fans will like it and excuse its faults. Casuals will probably hate it. I'm in the middle.

I'll give it another shot in a few months but a little disappointed

6/10

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I give it a B. It's not better than Dark Knight or Begins, those felt more like complete and perfected films. it's slightly above Rises and only because the last act in Rises fell apart to me. I get that this wasn't an "origin" movie, but it didn't really set the rules that the Nolanverse set up really well.

I'm sure it's been said already multiple times now. It was a modern 1930's noir film. Seven meets The Crow. I don't particularly like how emo this Bruce/Batman felt, but this is hopefully an arc that they will expand on. The movie has a lot of room to grow as a good first chapter should do.

I like the throwback to the gangster villains of the early early Batman comics. Penguin has a lot of potential and I expect him to be an absolute menace in later movies. Honestly forgot Riddler was the real villain. I like Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman, she really surprised me in this. I'll be honest tho, I didn't particularly like Paul Dano's take on the Riddler. I thought his purpose and end goal was done well...I just felt like Paul Dano was just doing There Will Be Blood's Eli Sunday with a gimp mask on. All the over the over the top pontificating fell kinda short to me and him connecting it back to you know who in the end felt too contrived. Should've just let him be a nerd who wanted anarchy.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Y’all told me the runtime wouldn’t matter and that it needed to be 176 minutes:mjlol:

Another Matt Reeves fumble.

The movie was shaping up to be a classic. We had a movie focused on Batman and Gordon chasing Riddler. You had the serial killer and finally a detective vibe on the Batman side. That’s what we had for the first hour.

Then the movie detours and focuses on Catwoman and John Turruroto for 30 minutes and The Riddler becomes a background character. Then the ending/final third was just The Dark Knight Rises all over again and things we’ve already seen in a Batman movie.

The movie was missed potential.

The concept of Riddler was good but Paul Dano started overacting and Riddler’s “crazy scenes” ended up being more funny than disturbing. People were laughing in my screening.

I will say this is the first Batman movie that literally shows you why a criminal would be afraid of Batman when he arrives on the scene.

ChuckTaylor84

Penthouse Player
Supporter
Daps
The action scenes should have went longer. They were too short.

Wasn't feeling Zoe Kravitz as Cat Woman. Felt she was too flat in her performance. Same thing with Alfred.

Robert Pattinson, Paul Dano, Jeffrey Wright and Colin Ferrell gave solid performances.

The runtime could have been cut by 20 minutes or so

I give the movie 8/10

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Y’all told me the runtime wouldn’t matter and that it needed to be 176 minutes:mjlol:

Another Matt Reeves fumble.

The movie was shaping up to be a classic. We had a movie focused on Batman and Gordon chasing Riddler. You had the serial killer and finally a detective vibe on the Batman side. That’s what we had for the first hour.

Then the movie detours and focuses on Catwoman and John Turruroto for 30 minutes and The Riddler becomes a background character. Then the ending/final third was just The Dark Knight Rises all over again and things we’ve already seen in a Batman movie.

The movie was missed potential.

The concept of Riddler was good but Paul Dano started overacting and Riddler’s “crazy scenes” ended up being more funny than disturbing. People were laughing in my screening.

I will say this is the first Batman movie that literally shows you why a criminal would be afraid of Batman when he arrives on the scene.
This.

Loved the first half, everyone was into the movie but by the 3rd act it lost most of us.

You summarized it perfectly but it's not a total fumble.