Official The Batman Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So this film being written completely from scratch?:picard:

Damn what happened? Thought they was just getting a new director and thats it.:ohhh:

2019:huhldup:

Martha

Matt Reeves wants to do his own thing. That was part of his negotiations with the studio. So it makes sense he'd want to rewrite it and put his own spin and vision on it.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Matt Reeves wants to do his own thing. That was part of his negotiations with the studio. So it makes sense he'd want to rewrite it and put his own spin and vision on it.

I get it but did he not like "anything" Ben and the previous regime did??

He couldn't "Peyton Reed" it and just stay on schedule?

I mean Batman kinda the spine of the DCU right? Aren't they kinda of holding the studio hostage?:ohhh:

Martha

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Like what if Matthew doesn't want Deathstroke as the villain no more?

Doesn't that fukk Joe Mangs?

It's kinda like certain peeps had high hopes or promised certain things and now he just gonna come in and be like "Na fukk that, we ain't doing that no more"

Cats that either turned down certain opportunities to be part of this the original schedule or probably had she lined up that now they gonna have to either decide to drop out or beg other studios to work around this inconveniencing them?

shyt just kinda fukked up businesa wise

Martha

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I get it but did he not like "anything" Ben and the previous regime did??

He couldn't "Peyton Reed" it and just stay on schedule?

I mean Batman kinda the spine of the DCU right? Aren't they kinda of holding the studio hostage?:ohhh:

Martha

Don't know whether he did or didn't. Rewrite doesn't mean he didn't like anything just means he wants his own authorial voice on it. He and Peyton Reed are two different type of cats man no diss to Peyton at all but he's more of a gun for hire anyway. Matt isn't that kinda filmmaker.

Plus like the original tweet says, he's still on War of the Planet of the Apes till june which also hinders progress. let him cook man.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Don't know whether he did or didn't. Rewrite doesn't mean he didn't like anything just means he wants his own authorial voice on it. He and Peyton Reed are two different type of cats man no diss to Peyton at all but he's more of a gun for hire anyway. Matt isn't that kinda filmmaker
I think you just shytted on him tho. lol
What's the difference between him on Ant-man and Reeves on this? Reed only replaced Edgar Wright it's not like his thing to be replacing directors. If you prefer one over the other just say that.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Don't know whether he did or didn't. Rewrite doesn't mean he didn't like anything just means he wants his own authorial voice on it. He and Peyton Reed are two different type of cats man no diss to Peyton at all but he's more of a gun for hire anyway. Matt isn't that kinda filmmaker.

Plus like the original tweet says, he's still on War of the Planet of the Apes till june which also hinders progress. let him cook man.

I mean he can cook but the problem is too many cats sitting in the dining room waiting and starving!

They either turned down other meals waiting on this and some may be force to go eat somewhere else cuz a contracted timeframe is a contracted timeframe. And not even taking in consideration the famished ones that was promised a certain type of meal or portions which now may get cut back or replaced.

Martha

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I mean he can cook but the problem is too many cats sitting in the dining room waiting and starving!

They either turned down other meals waiting on this and some may be force to go eat somewhere else cuz a contracted timeframe is a contracted timeframe. And not even taking in consideration the famished ones that was promised a certain type of meal or portions which now may get cut back or replaced.

Martha

:yeshrug: don't bother me at all. If the man wants to do his own thing and pick and choose what he's using then he has that right. I'd rather it be dope than just throw it together to reach a release date

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I think you just shytted on him tho. lol
What's the difference between him on Ant-man and Reeves on this? Reed only replaced Edgar Wright it's not like his thing to be replacing directors. If you prefer one over the other just say that.

What Reed did

Feige elaborated that "much of the movie will still be based very much on [Wright and Cornish's] draft and the DNA of what Edgar has created up to this point", with Reed stepping in to direct and McKay reworking only parts of the script. "[Reed] wanted to be sure that he wasn't just inheriting something or following someone else's lead. Or wasn't inheriting something that the evil studio had watered down to be something bad," Feige continued. "He looked at everything, he talked with us, and he said 'Number one, I agree with the direction you're going in. And number two, I can add to it.'"

McKay stated that Rudd helped him rewrite the script, calling Rudd "great with dialogue", adding "the two of us holed up in hotel rooms on the east and west coast, and I think it was like six to eight weeks we just ground it out and did a giant rewrite of the script. I was really proud of what we did, I really thought we put some amazing stuff in there and built on an already strong script from Edgar Wright and sort of just enhanced some stuff." Rudd elaborated, "The idea, the trajectory, the goal, and the blueprint of it all, is really Edgar and Joe. It's their story. We changed some scenes, we added new sequences, we changed some characters, we added new characters. If you took the two scripts and held them up together they'd be very different—but the idea is all theirs."Reed also offered contributions to the revised script, as did Lilly and Stoll, who contributed ideas to help flesh out their respective characters. Lilly's character received a fuller arc and more action sequences as a result. One of the important things when joining the film for Reed was emphasizing both Hope and Janet van Dyne more, given the Wasp being "a crucial part" of the Ant-Man comics. For their efforts, McKay and Rudd were credited as additional writers of the screenplay, with Wright and Cornish credited for the screenplay and story. Wright also held an executive producer credit on the film.

Seems to me like Reed was pitching ideas to the writers and giving his take on certain things but he didn't co-write the film like Reeves will most likely be doing. Reeves is doing what Patty Jenkins did with WW and did a pass over the script with Johns and Heinberg after MacLaren left. Now she's credited as a co-writer on the film.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
What Reed did

Seems to me like Reed was pitching ideas to the writers and giving his take on certain things but he didn't co-write the film like Reeves will most likely be doing. Reeves is doing what Patty Jenkins did with WW and did a pass over the script with Johns and Heinberg after MacLaren left. Now she's credited as a co-writer on the film.
What's that got to do with anything? It's not like Reeves writes every movie he directs. He's not 'a different type of cat' and is a 'gun for hire' in this case just like Reed was for Ant-Man.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
What's that got to do with anything? It's not like Reeves writes every movie he directs. He's not 'a different type of cat' and is a 'gun for hire' in this case just like Reed was for Ant-Man.

How is Reeves a gun for hire if the man who stepped down is the one who chose him to direct :what:

Ben said he wants someone to collab with him on the movie. If Reeves was a "gun for hire" then they probably would be shooting the movie right after Apes comes out. Hell they probably would've hired some WB cat, not Reeves and we would've been in the pre-production phase right now.

May 23rd - Wright leaves
May 30th - McKay signs then leaves the next day
June 7th - Peyton signs on
August 18th - Filming starts

Come on breh, Reed was a "gun for hire". All the pieces were there, they just needed a director. Way different situation than Reeves who's not and can't work on Batman until later this year.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
How is Reeves a gun for hire if the man who stepped down is the one who chose him to direct :what:

Ben said he wants someone to collab with him on the movie. If Reeves was a "gun for hire" then they probably would be shooting the movie right after Apes comes out. Hell they probably would've hired some WB cat, not Reeves and we would've been in the pre-production phase right now.

May 23rd - Wright leaves

Come on breh, Reed was a "gun for hire". All the pieces were there, they just needed a director. Way different situation than Reeves who's not and can't work on Batman until later this year.
Uh why does it even matter who chose him and all this other stuff you are bringing up? Someone else was originally hired to direct The Batman then stepped down and Reeves got the job. It doesn't have to be anymore complicated than that. So I'm not calling Reeves a gun for hire I'm saying Reed wasn't. He is just the director who eventually got the job, just like Reeves.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

May 23rd - Wright leaves

Yeah gun for hire means journeyman director in this case. That's not who Matt reeves is. There's nothing wrong with that. shyt some of the best movies of all time were done by journeymen. Robert wise being the best example I can think of. Matt has a distinctive directorial voice and normally writes what he directs too. He gets in from the ground floor and builds. Robert wise was never that guy but the man directed the haunting and the sound of music and west side story. No one can take that away from him and it doesn't mean he's not a great director. Peyton reed is dope too but his creative process and what he does and is different from Matt reeves. Simple

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yeah gun for hire means journeyman director in this case. That's not who Matt reeves is. There's nothing wrong with that. shyt some of the best movies of all time were done by journeymen. Robert wise being the best example I can think of. Matt has a distinctive directorial voice and normally writes what he directs too. He gets in from the ground floor and builds. Robert wise was never that guy but the man directed the haunting and the sound of music and west side story. No one can take that away from him and it doesn't mean he's not a great director. Peyton reed is dope too but his creative process and what he does and is different from Matt reeves. Simple
'Gun for hire' just means a different creative process? :dwillhuh: Uh OK.
So @Brandeezy this is a comment on Reed's entire career not just the movie Ant-Man. I disagree, it makes it sound like Reed just gets jobs no one else wanted or something, which definitely isn't a compliment IMO. lol Besides Ant-Man he never replaced anybody.