NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
random information

but I met Grace in person and her ass is crazy fat

Back to the topic I got my tickets to a Friday showing at the alamo drafthouse

I don't know why but this response to my post is cracking me the fukk up. I'm a heterosexual woman but now you got me wondering what Grace's ass looks like :patrice:

Yeah, it’s actually pretty unfair to immediately compare it to that after a screening. I’m going to let this one breathe for sure. It’s a damn good introduction to Reeves’ vision of Batman and the dedicated fans will love it I’m sure. Definitely didn’t shy away from showing Bruce’s struggle in the suit.

You're probably right. It's a testament to how iconic TDK is that it was hard not to do that. I probably should see it one more time as well. I do think the set up from this film shows potential for a TDK sequel.

Everyone was quiet as fukk
Whole theatre was spoooked
The riddler was demonic as fukk and his “friends”
Did make me uncomfortable especially the climate we in it’s going be some copycats :snoop:

Yes, this! I cannot wait until we can freely discuss spoilers. The Riddler made me SO UNCOMFORTABLE, in the best and worst way. Like I was really taken aback by how crazy he was. It wasn't even a Hollywood type of caricature of crazy, it was a legit, real state mental institution type of crazy. Like you, I also had the thought that there are probably going to be some weirdos out there who may latch on to him as some kind of hero. But that was also a complaint about the Joker movie and that never materialized. Still....it was disturbing. I have some other thoughts about him and his plan that I want to talk about, but I'll wait until we can talk about spoilers.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
The reviews are all over the place for this film as far as good-great it is.. I cannot wait to see it!

I honestly think it's because it's such a different and ambitious interpretation. It's going to keep people talking for sure, good or bad. I admire Reeves' vision and risk-taking, even if it didn't always work out. I'll take a risk-taking director any day over those who produce cookie cutter films for a cash grab.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Probably because of all of the hype claiming it would be the best Batman ever.
It ain’t better than Dark Knight (that was a borderline unrealistic expectation), but clearly #2.
The reviews are all over the place for this film as far as good-great it is.. I cannot wait to see it!
You’re gonna love it bro.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol only for a Batman movie that a low full price would be disappointing for some people. “The movie was not a classic, but it was still a great film” :mjcry:

They didn't say it was great either. Both said they probably won't give it a repeat viewing. The runtime was an issue as Korey said they could shave off 30 and Martin said 60. Also said the action wasn't memorable and being so dark and joyless may not sit well with casuals. They did say it's a good foundation for the sequel.

I'm not a fan of 3 hour theatrical movies. I wish they'd save that for the home release and keep it 2.5 tops for theaters.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
They didn't say it was great either. Both said they probably won't give it a repeat viewing. The runtime was an issue as Korey said they could shave off 30 and Martin said 60. Also said the action wasn't memorable and being so dark and joyless may not sit well with casuals. They did say it's a good foundation for the sequel.

I'm not a fan of 3 hour theatrical movies. I wish they'd save that for the home release and keep it 2.5 tops for theaters.

I was referring to the reviews in general I have been reading or watching. Yeah they said before the movie came out it would be polarizing.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Been trying not to say too much cause most people have not seen it.

But I’m feeling this is the GOAT super hero movie, from a super hero movie “hater” standpoint.

Im not a huge super hero movie fan, due to the non-realistic kinda goofy nature of most of them.

This is a dope crime/detective movie period.

It’s what I always expected as an “adult” Batman movie from being a fan of the comics and cartoon in the 90s.

Gonna watch DKR again tonight for reference, but I’m really feeling this is the Goat Batman/superhero movie. It’s so different than what you would expect from a superhero movie.