Official The Batman Thread

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Is the movie at least on the level of Batman Begins? Thats all im really aiming for.
I liked it more than Batman Begins but I’m not putting it up there with TDK. This was the Batman I always wanted on screen so I’ll give them that, things just weren’t cohesive enough in the way it was presented to make me like it on that level.

I’m going to watch it again tomorrow in Dolby, I told myself that after the Batmobile scene alone. Goosebumps were felt at the start of that sequence. The B:TAS feel was there at moments, MAJOR thanks to Giacchino on the score.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I liked it more than Batman Begins but I’m not putting it up there with TDK. This was the Batman I always wanted on screen so I’ll give them that, things just weren’t cohesive enough in the way it was presented to make me like it on that level.

I’m going to watch it again tomorrow in Dolby, I told myself that after the Batmobile scene alone. Goosebumps were felt at the start of that sequence. The B:TAS feel was there at moments, MAJOR thanks to Giacchino on the score.

TDK is the ceiling it seems so far for comic book films.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
TDK is the ceiling it seems so far for comic book films.
Yeah, it’s actually pretty unfair to immediately compare it to that after a screening. I’m going to let this one breathe for sure. It’s a damn good introduction to Reeves’ vision of Batman and the dedicated fans will love it I’m sure. Definitely didn’t shy away from showing Bruce’s struggle in the suit.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Just got back, I liked it.

I give it a solid 8 outta 10.

I let yall enjoy the film before I post my thoughts.

Edit: For anyone wondering if the runtime effects the movie (IMO) it doesn't there's so much action in the film, time flies by.

Last edited:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Is the movie at least on the level of Batman Begins? Thats all im really aiming for.

yes I’m a hardcore Batman fan I’ll give 8.5 or 9

It has some corny shyt …

Afffleck sat the bar on fight scenes

It was some dope ones but there was some that looked too choreograph

How is the matrix still holding up today …

movie had the whole crowd mesmerized

Everyone was quiet as fukk
Whole theatre was spoooked

The riddler was demonic as fukk and his “friends”
Did make me uncomfortable especially the climate we in it’s going be some copycats :snoop:

Burton are still the goats to me because of how rewatchable they are

The MUSIC MY GOD NOW THATS WAS A PLUS

10/10

Last edited:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
yes I’m a hardcore Batman fan I’ll give 8.5 or 9

It has some corny shyt …

Afffleck sat the bar on fight scenes

It was some dope ones but there was some that looked too choreograph

How is the matrix still holding up today …

movie had the whole crowd mesmerized

Everyone was quiet as fukk
Whole theatre was spoooked

The riddler was demonic as fukk and his “friends”
Did make me uncomfortable especially the climate we in it’s going be some copycats :snoop:

Burton are still the goats to me because of how rewatchable they are

The MUSIC MY GOD NOW THATS WAS A PLUS

10/10

Do you think the John Wick style of fight choreography would have fit well in the movie?

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Do you think the John Wick style of fight choreography would have fit well in the movie?

affkeck warehouse scene was fluid this one had 3 out of six fluid ones 3/8 if you count cat woman when people waiting around to be hit

The matrix 20 years later The first still holds up today

He did have some good finishers tho :gladbron:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Word. Played it several times now. One of Giacchino’s best.
I just got out the theater and my buddy was like “i really gotta think this one over” i asked what his gripes were and he started with the score. :stopitslime:

i loved the score.

as far as the film, not really a spoiler but…

movie wasnt perfect but I def enjoyed alot more than I didnt. Solid 8/10 for me. Ill be seeing it again this weekend..

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
Just got done from the IMAX fan screening. I thought this movie was pretty bad. The pacing is abysmal. Outside of a few set pieces it wasn't even entertaining.

same thing i said the pace was :francis:

so much unnecessary shyt …honestly the riddler stole every screen even when he wasn’t in them (notes) i rather have seen a riddler movie a la the joker

Doin2Much Williams

Grace Under Fiyah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Insignificant posting from an insignificant poster
I hope this the movie that can shake Patttinsons Twilight image. Dudes done some great actin but seems to fly under the radar cuz of that dumpster franchise

Him and the native american wherewolf guy from it... Taylor Kitch (sp?).

They can both act well... saw that Taylor dude in that emsemble movie Valentines Day a couple weeks ago and he's captivating on screen.

Shame they get typecasted.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Also one of the guys who got tickets to the Fan First showing.

My spoiler free thoughts: it’s a story that takes heavy inspiration from the Nolan trilogy, The Long Halloween, and even the aesthetics of the animated series and wraps them into a cohesive story that highlights Batman as not just a hero, but as the world’s greatest detective. It analyzes Batman as a symbol AND what it means to a symbol today…and it’s not the same as it was in 2008. This is a superhero movie that transcends the genre and stands as a film.

Music's incredible.

Had the whole crowd mesmerized.

I still think Ben Affleck's Batman is the best Batman.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
affkeck warehouse scene was fluid this one had 3 out of six fluid ones 3/8 if you count cat woman when people waiting around to be hit

The matrix 20 years later The first still holds up today

He did have some good finishers tho :gladbron:

Yeah the catwoman and batman scene they released the choreography looked so telegraphed in it.