Official The Batman Thread

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Batman Begins was not hyped up. Batman is HUGE obviously but no movie has auto hype no matter the character especially when it's not a sequel. This probably has way more hype than Batman Begins though.. Remember the Nolan trilogy didn't pop off until people realized Batman Begins was good.

Spider-Man Homecoming even after signing to the MCU and Civil War did 'only' $117M out the gate..

Batman Begins I remember had strong legs summer 05. It did not break any opening weekend records of course due to the bad taste that batman and robin left. But once the word of mouth started going around on how good the movie was, people went to the theater to see it. Also it did amazing once it became available for home purchase and rentals. Damn Superherohype.com Batman forums was lit that year.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Batman Begins was not hyped up. Batman is HUGE obviously but no movie has auto hype no matter the character especially when it's not a sequel. This probably has way more hype than Batman Begins though.. Remember the Nolan trilogy didn't pop off until people realized Batman Begins was good.

Spider-Man Homecoming even after signing to the MCU and Civil War did 'only' $117M out the gate..
I'll just say that comic book movies as a whole are in a way better shape than when Batman Begins came out. I just feel this should have a lot more hype. But, like someone else said, DS2 is probably eating a lot of the comic book hype right now.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Top super hero with the last place pizza franchise. All I'm saying.
full