Official The Batman Thread

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Yeah I tend to like to read critics views after I watch a movie.

Twitter reactions especially tend to be hyperbolic. I mean I'd be hyped to see something before tons of other people.

I do feel the film is going to be very enjoyable though.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah I tend to like to read critics views after I watch a movie.

Twitter reactions especially tend to be hyperbolic. I mean I'd be hyped to see something before tons of other people.

I do feel the film is going to be very enjoyable though.
Yeah I read reviews after. I like reading other thoughts or sometimes it puts words to something that I felt but couldn’t quite find the right words for.

Criticism isn’t about right or wrong; it’s suggestion. It’s that persons first impressions. And as someone who writes reviews from time to time for professional media site, trust me, there’s a lot more to it than just that. There’s narrative, there’s politics, or even the silliness of having them review a thing HOURS after seeing it rather than waiting a day or two days to let it marinate.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Yeah I read reviews after. I like reading other thoughts or sometimes it puts words to something that I felt but couldn’t quite find the right words for.

Criticism isn’t about right or wrong; it’s suggestion. It’s that persons first impressions. And as someone who writes reviews from time to time for professional media site, trust me, there’s a lot more to it than just that. There’s narrative, there’s politics, or even the silliness of having them review a thing HOURS after seeing it rather than waiting a day or two days to let it marinate.
Reviews are this and agenda based today :francis:I usually just watch a few from people I follow after I saw it.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
No not that at all. I think the coli relies way too much on critics or word of mouth for shyt and is hypocritical about it.

When the critics opinion line up with something the coli likes, then it’s praises and love. When it’s the opposite, it’s “critics don’t know shyt” and the shyt is weird to me.

I also dont see the value in basing anything on what a critic says, when that critic isn’t you. Film opinion is like any opinion. There’s no science to it. It’s based purely on your individual taste. For me to base my taste in someone else’s taste? I can’t do that. Shrug

Crazy thing is WB has not revealed or shown much about this movie. I find that outstanding and keep that in mind this movie is close to 3 hours.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Reviews are this and agenda based today :francis:I usually just watch a few from people I follow after I saw it.

Pay for play and people will say whatever to stay in a studios graces so they can still be invited to free screenings, premieres or events. That is why I cannot trust a bunch of those youtube movie reviewers. They are just happy to get a badge to an early screening.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Pay for play and people will say whatever to stay in a studios graces so they can still be invited to free screenings, premieres or events. That is why I cannot trust a bunch of those youtube movie reviewers. They are just happy to get a badge to an early screening.
I feel you but I still think trust is the wrong word here. An older friend of mine tells me all the time “we talk about music in the wrong way” and I feel the same way about movies. I don’t think there’s anything to trust about someone’s opinion. It’s not like trusting someone’s word. Someone you know and have a relationship with. I can “trust” they’re honest about their opinions and feelings but at the end of the day, that still has Jack shyt to do with me. I just really feel people want movies to be math and they’re not. Yet we talk about them like they’re these subjective based things that only have one answer or one solution.

Put it like this: I run with a few dudes who write about or used to write about music professionally or semi professionally. Not a single one of them reads music reviews or cares. Not even the ones they write lol. We all know the game by now. And we all know it’s pointless.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I feel you but I still think trust is the wrong word here. An older friend of mine tells me all the time “we talk about music in the wrong way” and I feel the same way about movies. I don’t think there’s anything to trust about someone’s opinion. It’s not like trusting someone’s word. Someone you know and have a relationship with. I can “trust” they’re honest about their opinions and feelings but at the end of the day, that still has Jack shyt to do with me. I just really feel people want movies to be math and they’re not. Yet we talk about them like they’re these subjective based things that only have one answer or one solution.

Put it like this: I run with a few dudes who write about or used to write about music professionally or semi professionally. Not a single one of them reads music reviews or cares. Not even the ones they write lol. We all know the game by now. And we all know it’s pointless.

I agree

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I'm not watching anything more, I'm out before the spoilers come in.

You’ll be back

you got a taste….. you won’t be able to let go of it now…. Especially now that we so close

giphy.gif

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Ive been reading about this movie a ton and I somehow jut realized Turturro is in playing Falcone, who presumably will have a sizable role in a 3 hour run time?

rev-1-TBM-48072_High_Res_JPEG-scaled.jpeg
Yea hes going to be the main villain type in the series (how ever many they do) basically running the crime shyt. In the prequel book Penguin is scared shytless of him in the one scene hes in. I assume hes going to be in the hbo penguin show. And my guess for the film is…
he sends the penguin out to get batman once he finds out The Batman is the guy that took down one of his guys in the prequel book….penguin is only in 8 scenes in the film according to colin

i can not fukking wait for this. Ive wanted a detective batman story since 1993.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's why I prefer hearing from people who aren't big on comic book movies. They don't have a bias or hold their tongue on what they think of these movies. I've been pretty :ehh: on anything since Endgame. I have no reason to lie on the internet about a movie I don't like for other people's enjoyment or daps. I get nothing out of it. I'm just here (not here in this thread here just in general here) for a good movie to watch to chat about later if I like it :ehh: