Official The Batman Thread

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
More cap.. BECAUSE.. he didn't just turn into a 'drifter' searching for purpose. That was part of it but he NEVER stopped helping humans. Does the oil rig ring a bell to you??
And just for me. The fact Snyder tied the oil rig flashback with the bus rescue drama gave me personally the impression the act of saving people is conflict for him.

Which for me isn’t inspiring and also never resolved. He never proves Pa Kent wrong or misguided in his belief. Humanity never proves itself above Pa Kent’s belief. And Clark never overcomes the trauma of those two early events( bridge and bus)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
While I enjoyed all 3 movies, Black Widow and Eternals could be considered misses. I think Shang Chi overperformed based on the status of the character as completely unknown prior to the film.

Other than the Justice League fiasco with Whedon finishing/redoing most of it (which led to the Snyder Cut release) what else was a "miss" ?

WW84 and Birds of Prey were both trash to me. The former was a same day release on HBO however and drove up the HBO Max numbers as posted on here many times..

Shazam wasn't a miss. Critical and audience acclaim. Spawned a sequel. Wasn't huge at the box office but didn't have to because it didn't cost much. Obviously WB was happy w/ the result or the sequel wouldn't be happening.

The original David Ayer Suicide Squad was hated by critics but made over $750M at the box office without a China release.

Even if we called that a 'miss' that's 4 movies.. Not "most" and certainly not the "majority" ....

dave

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Cap. More BS and i will call it out every time. Even as a child he's shown with his cape imagining himself as a hero and by grade school he's saving his classmates from a bus accident.

Pa didn't tell him to do that... Pa actually told him not to because people weren't ready.. which was true. But he even then at a young age was doing that because he felt it was the right thing to do.. it was inherent. Yeah.. he struggled with humans at times because it was a more grounded approach to the character there was gonna be internal conflict..

But he was always good.. he was always a hero.

You just made my point.

The parents are the reinforcement. They are supposed to nurture that desire so when he’s an adult he doesn’t become the drifter.

If someone showed talent for music but their guardians were like nah. Don’t bother, people are going to hate you and your music… you.d probably consider it bad that they didn’t help that person with their gift.

That’s not grounded. It’s just lazy. Being a good musician is hard. Being a good person is hard. Artificially creating conflict isn’t hard.

The idea to distrust people of Earth, who he should want to protect as his home, and not stand firm as the kid you see in the beginning( that you pointed out) is the problem. Pa Kent/Snyder cuts his “good” legs from under him. Instead of gaining confidence from doing the right thing despite the risk he’s a nervous wreck who wanders the Earth looking for purpose.

Which again is fine. But how they got that drifter to Superman was lazy and uninspired. He’s just outed like a gay man.

i think the two of you both "agree" on the core of what makes Superman, Superman. the same thing is being said but inside different contexts.

Human nature, for the most part, is selfish. Superman was first published during World War II when one dictator tried to eliminate an entire race of people. So, along came two Jewish boys who thought of hope in the form of a comic book. Superman is the antithesis of human. He represents the greater good over personal gain. Humans prefer the latter but Superman has always been about the former. His nature might seem "boring" in this day and age but he was created in a time of war, crisis, famine and genocide.

Donner took a more conservative approach and Snyder the more liberal. At the end of the day, both Reeves & Cavill arrived at the same conclusion, Superman is for the people.

All being said, can we please get back to The Batman.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Back on track, I think this BATMAN, from the trailers and snippets, will explore the Trauma of being BATMAN.

To this day, Batman really hasn't been explored as a detective element, he just sits and does his computer shyt, and he knows the next move.

The trauma was explored with Batman Forever and Batman Begins, but they kept up Heroic aspect. This one looks more like a Batman that is tormented, and NEEDS to be Batman as a excuse for his trauma rather than being a Hero.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
at what point do you all figure out you’re not going to change anyones minds and just shake hands, say good game, and move on?

@hex can you close this thread til a week before :wtf:

Fukking lames in here:hhh:

Another Man of Steel thread :snoop:

Exactly breh

Don't blame me. i responded to an already ongoing topic. @MartyMcFly says at what point do we move on.. i move on from a topic that would be subjective but when it spills into a topic that is objective then it's up to the other person to either post facts of their own or stay quiet :manny:

it's all quiet now. Let's discuss 'The Batman' moving forward