Official The Batman Thread

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Starts filming in Spring

Ben Affleck Says ‘The Batman’ on Track to Shoot in Spring: ‘Everything Is Coming Together’

He noted that his acting and directing careers have fed into each other. “Argo,” his previous effort, won the Oscar for best picture and provided Affleck with a meaty role as a government agent trying to sneak embassy workers out of Iran during the height of its revolution. His next film, “The Batman,” finds him donning the cape and cowl again. He will also slide behind the camera. Affleck indicated that he expected the film will begin shooting in the spring.

“We’re on the right track with that and everything is coming together,” he said. “We’re still finishing up a script. I’m very excited.”

There’s been a string of films featuring the Gotham avenger — some good (“The Dark Knight”), others not so much (“Batman and Robin”). But Affleck had nothing praise for the directors and actors who have put their own imprint on Batman.

“I respect all of those [Batman] movies,” he said. “Christopher Nolan did an incredible job, Christian Bale did an incredible job, Tim Burton did an incredible job. At a certain point you have to look forward and try to believe in your own vision for it and not be looking over your shoulder the whole time. I go into that movie with a tremendous amount of respect for the people who came before me.”

It's lit :wow:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Soon...:blessed:
W14Qq7h.gif

TeTtwcH.gif

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
I feel like Batman is getting that Spider-Man treatment with as far as getting the ball rolling on a Solo Film goes. I hope it won't be anything short of spectacular but I would have liked to see a Flash movie personally after Justice League gets put out...even Aquaman should be out there before another Gotham Story.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
I feel like Batman is getting that Spider-Man treatment with as far as getting the ball rolling on a Solo Film goes. I hope it won't be anything short of spectacular but I would have liked to see a Flash movie personally after Justice League gets put out...even Aquaman should be out there before another Gotham Story.
he's dc's ironman so expect him alot. but yea we cld have waited. it shld have went: mos, ww, flash(gl cameo), aquaman, Jl, mos 2, the batman......jl2

• Dap
Reactions: hex

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Affleck flip flopping again :snoop:

Ben Affleck Says Batman Has No Script, Still Not a Sure Thing

Ben Affleck Says Batman Has No Script, Still Not a Sure Thing

The Guardian caught up with Ben Affleck, who is promoting his new acting and directing effort, Warner Bros.' Live By Night, which is currently in theaters in limited release. Last month the actor/director revealed that he's finishing up the script and the project is on track to start filming this spring. However, in this new interview, he makes it seems that the project isn't actually set in stone at all, and it may not actually come together. Here's what the filmmaker had to say below.

"That's the idea. But it's not a set thing and there's no script. If it doesn't come together in a way I think is really great I'm not going to do it."

This latest statement mirrors comments Ben Affleck has made in the past, stating that this movie won't happen until the script is perfect. There was also a report last month that The Batman script is a mess, and the studio isn't happy with it, which hasn't exactly been confirmed. However, if Ben Affleck is now claiming that there is no script in place, it's possible that the studio is scrapping the script he co-wrote with Geoff Johns entirely, possibly bringing on a new writer. That hasn't been confirmed at this time though.

Last month, departing Warner Bros. production president Greg Silverman revealed that The Batman is on track for a 2018 release date, although the studio hasn't issued an official date at this time. Earlier this year, Warner Bros. set dates for two unspecified DC Comics movies, one which will arrive on October 5, 2018 and the other arriving November 1, 2019. Many had speculated that The Batman would be taking the October 5, 2018 slot, but Aquaman was later moved to that date. Now, many speculate that The Batman is taking Aquaman's old July 2018 release date.