Official The Batman Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Bruce is more then capable of building his own armory and weaponry, he has a superhuman level of intellect.
Exactly. What makes Bruce special is he’s trained himself to be the best at damn near everything in order to keep up with the actual super powered beings running around

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Cape is necessary as he uses it for distractions not style

:dahell:I'm talking about the actor in the suit. Fighting with a long ass cape isn't gonna work.

That’s cool lol. No one is disputing you on that. The point we’re all making is for another filmmaker to bring that element in shouldn’t be a given and shouldn’t be expected from fans because it’s purely a Nolan construct. Matt Reeves needs room to breathe and do his thing and not be chained to what Nolan did. Bringing in a crucial element of his movies, something he created, chains him to that.

If he’s truly inspired by the detective aspect of the comics, and specifically the 70s era, then yeah Batman created every single thing he has with Alfred pitching in. His shyt wasn’t high tech during that era. It was very low fi but it got the job done. The car was always the fanciest thing he had. And because he’s a dope mechanic he could knock that out.

How many old ladies got mugged because Bruce was spending nights tricking out his whip?

I like the idea of someone helping with the tech. He has to run a business by day and patrol the streets by night. He doesn't have time to do the rest. If this is a more grounded Batman they shouldn't have him doing everything. Then again the Batmobile looks low tech so as long as they stick with that it's okay if he's doing some of the work.

I'm not a fan of the way the character has become practically superhuman.

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I’m interested in how this Batman’s world looks.

Nolan aesthetics wouldn’t work in Burton and vice versa.

So will this allow for the more fantastical elements in Batman’s rogue gallery?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Also, if you didn't like the Planet of the Apes trilogy I don't know what to tell you, I don't think it's the best shyt ever made but for being huge Hollywood blockbusters Reeves scripts dealt with a lot of tough issues.. the dynamic between Caesar and Koba was some real life shyt that hit close to home tbh..

that "human work..." line :whew:

tumblr_nfk58ydyso1qi7ugzo1_500.gifv

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:dahell:I'm talking about the actor in the suit. Fighting with a long ass cape isn't gonna work.

How many old ladies got mugged because Bruce was spending nights tricking out his whip?

I like the idea of someone helping with the tech. He has to run a business by day and patrol the streets by night. He doesn't have time to do the rest. If this is a more grounded Batman they shouldn't have him doing everything. Then again the Batmobile looks low tech so as long as they stick with that it's okay if he's doing some of the work.

I'm not a fan of the way the character has become practically superhuman.
He doesn’t run the business that’s why Lucius is there.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The Nolan movies had terribly amateurish fight choreography. Your can tell that Batman suit was not fit for movement. Hopefully they get rid of the rigid plastic so he can move.

I've always felt they should ditch the cape when he needs to fight. It's not practical.

The Cape is necessary as he uses it for distractions not style

Anyone that’s played the Arkham series knows how IMPORTANT that cape is :lolbron:

Necessary against the biggest fodder goon niccas and Bane to hit them power combos:wow:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
batman is not no damned engineer tho...:scust: shyt makes no sense... luscious helping design the gadgets and shyt batman used in waynetech made sense, shyt came from the gawddamn comics... its fukking lore!!!:beli::mindblown:

Lucius Fox was created by writer Len Wein and penciller John Calnan and first appeared in Batman #307 (January 1979).[2]
When they first introduced Lucius Fox he was a very capable businessman who was Bruce Wayne's right hand at Wayne Enterprises.
That's it. No gadget making. No engineering genius. He wasn't the black Q to Batman's James Bond.
That came after Nolan had Morgan Freeman do it in the movies.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
When they first introduced Lucius Fox he was a very capable businessman who was Bruce Wayne's right hand at Wayne Enterprises.
That's it. No gadget making. No engineering genius. He wasn't the black Q to Batman's James Bond.
That came after Nolan had Morgan Freeman do it in the movies.

That's not necessarily true.... The cartoon luscious fox was an engineer at waynetech who made most of the shyt in r&d not just the Nolan movies...:beli: and also the comics. Nolan grabbed the inspirationf those sources... Im just saying it's real far fetched to have 1 man build all this shyt irl by himself it's a stretch...mindblown:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Isn't this movie taking place when he's just getting started as Batman? Was Lucius running the business then?
In the comics Lucius took over in what would be the 70s for us. There’s no time stamp on where he was in his career at that point. But in the first issue, Wayne makes it sound like Lucius has always been there and always been the guy in charge.