Official The Batman Thread

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I love every single thing I've seen so far.. I'm all for what I'm thinking in my head, that this will be..... So I went to google Matt Reeves

Y'all got faith in this dude :patrice:

I mean the ape movies was cool and all. Cloverfield was good for its time.. Let me in was dope but I had already seen the original... His resume is not moving the needle for me right now. It might even have lowered my expectations

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
batman is not no damned engineer tho...:scust: shyt makes no sense... luscious helping design the gadgets and shyt batman used in waynetech made sense, shyt came from the gawddamn comics... its fukking lore!!!:beli::mindblown:

Lucius Fox was created by writer Len Wein and penciller John Calnan and first appeared in Batman #307 (January 1979).[2]
What was he doing in the comics:jbhmm:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The Nolan movies had terribly amateurish fight choreography. Your can tell that Batman suit was not fit for movement. Hopefully they get rid of the rigid plastic so he can move.

I've always felt they should ditch the cape when he needs to fight. It's not practical.

For Batman Vs Superman they film the warehouse scene without a cape and added it back in cgi

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
The Nolan movies had terribly amateurish fight choreography. Your can tell that Batman suit was not fit for movement. Hopefully they get rid of the rigid plastic so he can move.

I've always felt they should ditch the cape when he needs to fight. It's not practical.
The Cape is necessary as he uses it for distractions not style

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
batman is not no damned engineer tho...:scust: shyt makes no sense... luscious helping design the gadgets and shyt batman used in waynetech made sense, shyt came from the gawddamn comics... its fukking lore!!!:beli::mindblown:

Lucius Fox was created by writer Len Wein and penciller John Calnan and first appeared in Batman #307 (January 1979).[2]
Yes. He. Is. Lol. No one said Lucius wasn’t real. We’re saying Lucius being his Q is a Nolan construct. Batman is an engineer. And he creates his stuff through Wayne tech. Only recently in the comics, post Nolan, have they made Lucius his Q who not only runs the business but also creates and supplies.

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yes. He. Is. Lol. No one said Lucius wasn’t real. We’re saying Lucius being his Q is a Nolan construct. Batman is an engineer. And he creates his stuff through. Wayne tech. Only recently in the comics, post Nolan, have they made Lucius his Q who not only runs the business but also creates and supplies.

Batman has SOME engineering skill but dammit he didn't create all that tech by himself....:beli: he always raided products made by luscious in the comics, that's facts...:ufdup: secondly luscious created alot of the tech batman used and "knew" he was batman in the comics ALSO the batwing suit was designed by fox in the current iteration of the comics...:mindblown: y'all giving batman / bruce TOO much credit...when y'all know he didn't build ALL that shyt by himself...:stopitslime:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Batman has SOME engineering skill but dammit he didn't create all that tech by himself....:beli: he always raided products made by luscious in the comics, that's facts...:ufdup: secondly luscious created alot of the tech batman used and "knew" he was batman in the comics ALSO the batwing suit was designed by fox in the current iteration of the comics...:mindblown: y'all giving batman / bruce TOO much credit...when y'all know he didn't build ALL that shyt by himself...:stopitslime:
No he always did that shyt recently which is fact. That’s all every single person here is saying. No one is saying the shyt doesn’t happen or didn’t happen. We’re saying it’s only happened post 05 so yeah that’s now 15 years worth of comics.

the batwing suit you mention? That’s from an 06 comic book.

Also, straight from the man himself:
“We mercilessly pillaged from the James Bond films for certain aspects,” he admitted, admitting that Gotham’s ingenious gadget creator Lucius Fox is much like Q.
Batman Director Christopher Nolan Reveals Why 'The Dark Knight' Almost Never Happened

Last edited:

(ALi)

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Any news of a trailer? I hope they have plans for introducing the Joker (No Joaquin.)

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
No he always did that shyt recently which is fact. That’s all every single person here is saying. No one is saying the shyt doesn’t happen or didn’t happen. We’re saying it’s only happened post 05 so yeah that’s now 15 years worth of comics.

the batwing suit you mention? That’s from an 06 comic book.

Also, straight from the man himself:

Batman Director Christopher Nolan Reveals Why 'The Dark Knight' Almost Never Happened

I know this...:beli: im just finding it extremely hard to accept he's gonna be building ALL the gadgets by HIMSELF...:comeon:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I know this...:beli: im just finding it extremely hard to accept he's gonna be building ALL the gadgets by HIMSELF...:comeon:
That’s cool lol. No one is disputing you on that. The point we’re all making is for another filmmaker to bring that element in shouldn’t be a given and shouldn’t be expected from fans because it’s purely a Nolan construct. Matt Reeves needs room to breathe and do his thing and not be chained to what Nolan did. Bringing in a crucial element of his movies, something he created, chains him to that.

If he’s truly inspired by the detective aspect of the comics, and specifically the 70s era, then yeah Batman created every single thing he has with Alfred pitching in. His shyt wasn’t high tech during that era. It was very low fi but it got the job done. The car was always the fanciest thing he had. And because he’s a dope mechanic he could knock that out.