Official The Batman Thread

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
I am willing to eat crow if I am wrong but I don’t think Patterson can pull this off. Since Heath everyone has gone under the assumption that someone seemingly miscast is a good thing and can only turn to cinema gold. Look at Jarred Leto as the Joker that was a huge flop.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I am willing to eat crow if I am wrong but I don’t think Patterson can pull this off. Since Heath everyone has gone under the assumption that someone seemingly miscast is a good thing and can only turn to cinema gold. Look at Jarred Leto as the Joker that was a huge flop.
It’s only “miscast” based on the interpretation of the role though. If heath tried to play joker like Jack Nicholson, which was the common assumption at the time, then yeah he’s miscast as fukk. He made the role his own. Leto’s problem was trying to borrow too much from what came before and put his own spin on it along with the overall direction and tone of that movie.

Like in ‘95, Stallone wasn’t necessarily miscast as Dredd. With the right direction, he could’ve killed that shyt but the movie was all wrong and their interpretation of the character and that world didn’t work.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Damn.... just thought about it.... I’m a big fan of the Batwing, but I can imagine Year 2 Batman we don’t see that.

But I still can’t wait till they release the Batmobile, I feel like that’s more interesting than his suit.

Wish they would’ve released this like how it was done with Ben when they dropped both his look and vehicle at the same time.

This couldve waited if they wasn’t ready
Bat mobile is just a souped up muscle car I heard

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It’s only “miscast” based on the interpretation of the role though. If heath tried to play joker like Jack Nicholson, which was the common assumption at the time, then yeah he’s miscast as fukk. He made the role his own. Leto’s problem was trying to borrow too much from what came before and put his own spin on it along with the overall direction and tone of that movie.

Like in ‘95, Stallone wasn’t necessarily miscast as Dredd. With the right direction, he could’ve killed that shyt but the movie was all wrong and their interpretation of the character and that world didn’t work.
Letos problem was that he didn’t get screen time.

He went with the gangster version of the Joker and him being involved more in the movies could’ve worked fine.

Also, if they had made him the abusive a$$hole Joker instead of the one obsessed with Harley Quinn, but they MeToo’d tf out of that movie

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

As far as his recent movies I think he can

Especially if he buffs up a lil. Dude can act. I liked Bens version but he couldn’t handle it I guess. His fighting and actual style in BvS was brutal and more Batman like. They fukked BvS up to me with Luthor.

Bales version was cool but fights were trash, he just had great story, direction, and villains.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Damn.... just thought about it.... I’m a big fan of the Batwing, but I can imagine Year 2 Batman we don’t see that.

But I still can’t wait till they release the Batmobile, I feel like that’s more interesting than his suit.

Wish they would’ve released this like how it was done with Ben when they dropped both his look and vehicle at the same time.

This couldve waited if they wasn’t ready
in most batman canon he doesn't get the car until his second year anyway.
if anything expect a more simple design than the past 2

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Arkham City armour + revamped 1939 cowl = :cook:

86392938_10157965520755480_3615749330880692224_o.jpg
I meant to add this too it reminds me a lot of 1939 as well :ohhh:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
It seems like it's gonna be more realistic than even the Dark Knight franchise yet more comic booky at the same time.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

That was not his fault though. That Joker was written as a mess.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps

Miscast could pertain to asthetic as well as potrayal or ability to portray. I just don’t think he exudes that Bruce Wayne/ Batman vibe. I am willing to hold my hand up and say I could be wrong, it’s just a feeling I have.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That was not his fault though. That Joker was written as a mess.
The issue wasn't really the writing, the studio came in after the fact and just changed a lot of shyt, cut a bunch of his parts and changed his relationship with Harley. Originally he was supposed to be abusive as fukk, one of the first pictures released during filming was him smacking Harley Quinn to the ground. In the final version where he pushes Harley out the helicopter to save her, it was originally filmed for him to be pushing her out to kill her.