CbuPsxKVIAAZ8N3.jpg
:banderas:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I'm not referring to the movie brotha man though it was ok to me. It missed a lot of stuff due to time just check the comic out that was fire :banderas:Go head and eat brothas
Readcomiconline.com
yeah i wasn't asking about the movie, just mentioning that it wasn't great. do i need to be up on other comic shyt before i read?

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
yeah i wasn't asking about the movie, just mentioning that it wasn't great. do i need to be up on other comic shyt before i read?

Nah I jumped right in but it's part of the new 52 storyline and there are other bat family members that have their own stories with it. I didn't have a super hard time figuring out what's going on and it is explained so:manny:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
They need to just have Geoff Johns and other top DC writers oversee all of these films at this point

I agree, he is the best positioned person right now to be the DCU's Fiege.

Nah, I don't think Johns isn't the right man for that role because he's too much of a fanboy for his own ideas. You'd need someone who could actually step back and look at what's best for the whole. My advice years ago and still today would be to hire Bruce Timm and Paul Dini as creative consultants. Both are guys well-versed in DC-history and have already experience working at WB (even if it's "just" in their animation department). Outside of them there aren't many comic book writers I'd trust to give creative control over their entire cinematic universe (Mark Waid would be one but he ain't too cool with DC anymore).

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Nah, I don't think Johns isn't the right man for that role because he's too much of a fanboy for his own ideas. You'd need someone who could actually step back and look at what's best for the whole. My advice years ago and still today would be to hire Bruce Timm and Paul Dini as creative consultants. Both are guys well-versed in DC-history and have already experience working at WB (even if it's "just" in their animation department). Outside of them there aren't many comic book writers I'd trust to give creative control over their entire cinematic universe (Mark Waid would be one but he ain't too cool with DC anymore).
I agree that Timm and/or Dini would be a better choice but as things stand currently in the WB/DC Entertainment hierarchy, Johns is the best guy of all of the power players in the mix now to be their version of Fiege.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I agree that Timm and/or Dini would be a better choice but as things stand currently in the WB/DC Entertainment hierarchy, Johns is the best guy of all of the power players in the mix now to be their version of Fiege.
I like Jay Olivia :yeshrug:

Did Young Justice and Flashpoint Paradox :ehh:

He's been the story board artist for BvS, The Flash (tv) and even Deadpool.

WB need to give him some more to do. :manny:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

I'm not too sure about that because Feige (it is Feige btw, not Fiege) came up in the movie business first and foremost and got to where he is today because the folks in Hollywood saw that this guy was really passionate and knowledgeable about comics so they felt he represented the best of both worlds. Johns might make a great creative consultant and certainly would bring in some much needed comic book expertise, but he's not the kind of guy that should be given creative control without a studio head keeping him in check. It's obvious this Affleck/Johns combo for The Batman is testing the waters on such a partnership, but I think in the end they still really need a producer/studio head who "gets" comics like Feige does to draw out the full potential.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is court of owls really that dope? i wasn't too wowed by the animated flick.

Do urself a favor and read the comic. One of the better batman stories I ever read.

The story was way too big to fit into one click. And they made it more complicated than it had to be by trying to tie in other stories. Batman finding the court + facing the maze is almost a movie all by itself.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I'm not too sure about that because Feige (it is Feige btw, not Fiege) came up in the movie business first and foremost and got to where he is today because the folks in Hollywood saw that this guy was really passionate and knowledgeable about comics so they felt he represented the best of both worlds. Johns might make a great creative consultant and certainly would bring in some much needed comic book expertise, but he's not the kind of guy that should be given creative control without a studio head keeping him in check. It's obvious this Affleck/Johns combo for The Batman is testing the waters on such a partnership, but I think in the end they still really need a producer/studio head who "gets" comics like Feige does to draw out the full potential.

Problem is I don't know where do you find that person, you basically have to go with young cats who have to prove their worth. Feige is basically a one of one, there's a reason why no other studio has a "Feige". People always name DC writers or the animated team but they have no experience in producing live action movies.