A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Black Girl

CTW_08_Cv1_5c675d780b4ba6.01537605.jpg

:mjlol:

Again, miss me with "Black" Catwoman on the comics.
200w.gif

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Black Girl

CTW_08_Cv1_5c675d780b4ba6.01537605.jpg

:mjlol:

Again, miss me with "Black" Catwoman on the comics.
Fam, I'm just not with the colorism, especially in this part of the forum. Sam Jack hating on black British actors rubbed me the wrong way. All the people tryna tear us down and we're out here helping them, holding Home Depot color swatches dictating which black is more black. I'm good on that.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Fam, I'm just not with the colorism, especially in this part of the forum. Sam Jack hating on black British actors rubbed me the wrong way. All the people tryna tear us down and we're out here helping them, holding Home Depot color swatches dictating which black is more black. I'm good on that.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
tenor.gif

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im not with this whole "rouges" gallary thing, too many characters on screen never works out... two at most
Why do people think Reeves is gonna have 20 bad guys sharing time as the main villain?

It's been said repeatedly that this is a detective movie. When a crime happens, the detective has persons of interest and suspects during his investigation. During this investigation, they visit the persons of interests and suspects to get more info that will lead to the crime being solved.

If you're Batman and some shyt goes down, there's a bunch of people you want to talk to so you can figure out what went down. Most of these guys will probably only get one scene but will add to the building of the world Reeves will explore in his trilogy.

Last edited:

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
beautiful

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Why do people think Reeves is gonna have 20 bad guys sharing time as the main villain?

It's been said repeatedly that this is a detective movie. When a crime happens, the detective has persons of interest and suspects during his investigation. During this investigation, they visit the persons of interests and suspects to get more info that will lead to the crime being solved.

If you're Batman and some shyt goes down, there's a bunch of people you want to talk to so you can figure out what went down. Most of these guys will probably only get one scene but will add to the building of the world Reeves will explore in his trilogy.

because even they all get one scene if the movie is trash or fails, they will have to recast. Look at suicide squad, trash film that squandered all those villains. it was supposed to be a big setup with leto and affleck for the batman film but failed...

They had to recast joker and say he has nothing to do with the other movies...it ruins the whole world building theme

if it works great but its a big risk...disney can get away with it because they have a 10 year plan and are guranteed to throw money at it

id rather DC keep these films like one offs, treat each movie like a seperate comic book, a trilogy is ok ... but stop trying to copy marvel if your not going to back it 100%

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because even they all get one scene if the movie is trash or fails, they will have to recast.

Why would that only apply to the number of villains? If Jeffrey Wright sucks as Gordon, would they have to recast? If whoever plays Alfred sucks, would they have to recast? If any ensemble movie sucks, would they have to recast, or does it only apply to Batman in a detective movie?

Look at suicide squad, trash film that squandered all those villains.

Who was recast?

They had to recast joker and say he has nothing to do with the other movies...it ruins the whole world building theme

Joaquin's Joker has never had anything to do with the Joker that was in Suicide Squad. Phillips pitched the movie to WB around the same time the first Suicide Squad movie came out and it was pitched as a standalone movie separate from the DCEU.

From more than two years ago:

Will Warner Bros. Confuse Fans With Two Joker Stories — and Its New DC Banner?

Glenn Ficarra and John Requa, the executive producers of NBC hit “This Is Us,” are in advanced talks to produce an untitled “Suicide Squad” spinoff based on Batman supervillains the Joker and Harley Quinn, played by Jared Leto and Margot Robbie. Then there’s a solo movie in development, possibly directed by “The Hangover’s” Todd Phillips, that dives into the Joker’s backstory, except Leto won’t play him here.

Potentially even more confusing: These Jokers won’t have anything to do with each other. That means two actors will be putting their own spins on Batman’s archnemesis. Educating audiences could prove tricky.
Phillips’ planned Joker film would be the first under a new, untitled DC banner that won’t be constrained by the continuity that holds together DC’s extended universe, featuring Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash and other characters. The banner is intended to give the studio the chance to expand the canon with unusual story angles, according to those with knowledge.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

I'm not even gonna engage. And this isn't even the forum for it.

She's said herself she doesn't really ID as black. Call her mixed race Catwoman. That's how she lives her life.

I'm cool with ol girl being cast. I'm just seeing a trend for "black achievement."