Official The Batman Thread

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
im not with this whole "rouges" gallary thing, too many characters on screen never works out... two at most

plus if the movie is trash or doesnt do well financially, you screwed the fans because now thats a bunch of villains the studio wont want to go with on the next remake

id like to see a mr freeze or poison ivy done right
It's based off the Long Night Halloween bruh one of the GOAT Batman stories:blessed:Multiple villains throughout that whole book but at the end only a few that mattered the most. Mat Reeves is a dope director and he seems to be excited for this film and WB has seemingly backed off this one unlike Suicide Squad. This will be more to the Directors vision like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam:ehh:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
The villains are basically cameos outside of Riddler & Selina. I believe Riddler starts going after other villains which is why they show up. Each villain probably has a riddle or something connected to them

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'm not even gonna engage. And this isn't even the forum for it.

She's said herself she doesn't really ID as black. Call her mixed race Catwoman. That's how she lives her life.

I'm cool with ol girl being cast. I'm just seeing a trend for "black achievement."
I read that article and she said as a kid being the only non-white person at her all white private school she didn't identify with "blackness" and tried to be as "white" as possible to fit in. She also said as she got older she began to embrace her black heritage.

She also did an interview in Allure magazine in 2017 where she said this:

“I am definitely mixed," she said. "Both my parents are mixed. I have white family on both sides. The older I get, the more I experience life, I am identifying more and more with being black, and what that means — being more and more proud of that and feeling connected to my roots and my history. I had this struggle of accepting myself as black and loving that part of myself. And now I’m so in love with my culture and so proud to be black. It’s still ongoing, but a big shift has occurred. My dad especially has always been very connected to his history, and it’s important to him that I understand where I come from.”

So what you thought was incorrect and you can stop feeling some type of way about her casting in this movie.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Why would that only apply to the number of villains? If Jeffrey Wright sucks as Gordon, would they have to recast? If whoever plays Alfred sucks, would they have to recast? If any ensemble movie sucks, would they have to recast, or does it only apply to Batman in a detective movie?

Who was recast?

Joaquin's Joker has never had anything to do with the Joker that was in Suicide Squad. Phillips pitched the movie to WB around the same time the first Suicide Squad movie came out and it was pitched as a standalone movie separate from the DCEU.

From more than two years ago:

Will Warner Bros. Confuse Fans With Two Joker Stories — and Its New DC Banner?

alfred and gordan dont matter, im not talking about recast bc of bad acting.. i mean recast if the movie fails. if its a dud they will scrap it like suicide squad and not move forward with any sequels..and later on when they try another batman movie all those villains would be recast bc matt reeves would have shyt to do with the new movie

just like everyone in suicide squad got scrapped, we are only getting birds of prey bc margret robbie is a bankable star that wanted to do this and her performance was the only positive in that awful film suicide squad. but that movie looks like feminist trash also.....

i dont know what there is to argue, Joaqins joker only got greenlit because suicide squad and justice league were bombs, if those films succeeded we would be seeing afflek as batman still vs leto's joker and deadpool and harley but it bombed

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Fan art of Zoe as Catwoman
3e71838bc40ea3753e51353840c7a75688b4ccbb.jpg

:noah:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
alfred and gordan dont matter, im not talking about recast bc of bad acting.. i mean recast if the movie fails. if its a dud they will scrap it like suicide squad and not move forward with any sequels..and later on when they try another batman movie all those villains would be recast bc matt reeves would have shyt to do with the new movie

just like everyone in suicide squad got scrapped, we are only getting birds of prey bc margret robbie is a bankable star that wanted to do this and her performance was the only positive in that awful film suicide squad. but that movie looks like feminist trash also.....

i dont know what there is to argue, Joaqins joker only got greenlit because suicide squad and justice league were bombs, if those films succeeded we would be seeing afflek as batman still vs leto's joker and deadpool and harley but it bombed
The only DCEU movie that bombed was Justice League. Suicide Squad despite it being garbage was financially successful. It made more money than Man of Steel.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just like everyone in suicide squad got scrapped
Who got scrapped?

Margot is back. Viola is back. Captain Boomerang is back. Rick Flagg is back. Will couldn't be in it due to scheduling conflicts. Doesn't look like Leto is in it, but Joker isn't in the Suicide Squad in the comics. The comics have always had a rotating lineup. Is this the part where you talk about El Diablo, Katana and Killer Croc being scrapped after saying Alfred and Gordon don't matter?

:beli:

The Joker Origin Movie: Todd Phillips, Martin Scorsese, Scott Silver Aboard – Deadline

Joker was announced August 2017.

Justice League was released November 2017.

Suicide Squad wasn't a bomb. It got shytted on critically, but was a financial success. How did it bomb when after its release they announced Suicide Squad 2, Gotham City Sirens, Birds of Prey and a Joker/Harley movie?

shyt, from that article.

Warner Bros and DC are in the early stages of another Batman Universe spinoff movie, this one telling the origin story of the signature villain The Joker. The studio has set The Hangover‘s Todd Phillips to co-write a script with 8 Mile scribe Scott Silver. Phillips will direct the movie, and Martin Scorsese will produce it with Phillips. This will be the first film under a new banner that has yet to be named in which WB can expand the canon of DC properties and create unique storylines with different actors playing the iconic characters.
The Joker has memorably been part of two Batman movies in the form of Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger, and was most recently played by Jared Leto in the first Suicide Squad film. He will reprise in the Suicide Squad sequel and the Harley Quinn spinoff, but this new film will launch the character with a different actor, possibly younger.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
'The Batman' star Robert Pattinson on his 'cool' Batsuit, not facing Joaquin Phoenix's Joker

With Zoë Kravitz and Paul Dano in place as Catwoman and the Riddler, respectively, Batman is going to have quite the rogues gallery when he rejoins the DC Extended Universe in 2021 in the form of Robert Pattinson. The one villain the new Dark Knight definitely won’t be meeting, though, is Joaquin Phoenix’s Clown Prince of Crime, who is currently making a killing at the box office in his controversial solo movie. Joker director Todd Phillips has already said that Phoenix won’t appear in Matt Reeves’s The Batman, and Pattinson confirms as much to Yahoo Entertainment while talking about his new movie, The Lighthouse. “It’s kind of a different world,” the actor says of Phillips’s film, adding that he still hasn’t seen Joker. “I might watch it tonight! Joaquin is the best — he’s awesome in everything.”

For the record, Pattinson also claims he hasn’t seen the final version of his new Batsuit, which is still hidden from public view in Warner’s Batcave. “Matt has got a really awesome idea about it,” he allows. “I think this thing is going to be very, very cool.” He’s fortunate to have received some costume advice from none other than Dark Knight trilogy architect, Christopher Nolan; Pattinson was shooting his role in the director’s next movie, Tenet, when he officially became the latest Batman this past summer. “Chris told me a little bit about how to get the camo off my face — that amongst other things,” he teases.