OFFICIAL *The Americans { SEASON 1 & 2 } Thread*

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
I've had my eye on this for a minute, I wrote about it a little on the blog back in November when they released the first footage
First Look: Da Vinci's Demons and The Americans - Coli News

After finally getting a chance to see it, I can say it did not disappoint. They did a great job in setting up the atmosphere and tone of the show. Love a show that kicks off with action and the opening moments hit the ground running. Kerri Russell did her thing and Matthew Rhys who plays her husband impressed me as I didn't watch any of the shows he has been in before.

That last scene in the garage :whew:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
yup, i was about to say, how they gonna be spys and they don't hear this nikka snooping loud as shyt... especially the way elizabeth woke up when phillip tried to sneak the traitor out... but of course they didnt disappoint

was listening to a tv critics podcast and they brought up an interesting point about how on TV the female is usually the one trying to get the husband "out of the life" (i.e. skylar white, carmella soprano) but in this its the husband who is a bit hesitant while she's all GUN HO... and it looks like he loves her more than she loves him.

when phillip went to give that pedophile the WORK... :obama:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
yup, i was about to say, how they gonna be spys and they don't hear this nikka snooping loud as shyt... especially the way elizabeth woke up when phillip tried to sneak the traitor out... but of course they didnt disappoint

was listening to a tv critics podcast and they brought up an interesting point about how on TV the female is usually the one trying to get the husband "out of the life" (i.e. skylar white, carmella soprano) but in this its the husband who is a bit hesitant while she's all GUN HO... and it looks like he loves her more than she loves him.

I thought he was gonna whup his ass in the mall but then I remembered dude is a deep cover spy. You can't be a nerdy middle aged business man pulling out some Jason Bourne shyt in the middle of the mall. CIA be like :leon::ufdup:

Fred.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns

Im assuming because he actually had a wife/life before he went full spy for Mother Russia. Probably just see his "new wife" and that reminds him of what he had with his old wife. Wouldn't be suprised to find out that Phillip had a kid beforehand.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Im assuming because he actually had a wife/life before he went full spy for Mother Russia. Probably just see his "new wife" and that reminds him of what he had with his old wife. Wouldn't be suprised to find out that Phillip had a kid beforehand.

Was that clear? I just assumed it was his girlfriend.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Was that clear? I just assumed it was his girlfriend.
Honestly, my post was all conjecture :manny: def could've been his girlfriend. I'm sure he'll have a heart to heart with his new wife about his past.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps

You listen to the Hollywood Prospectus on Grantland? Pretty sure I heard it on there, good podcast.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You listen to the Hollywood Prospectus on Grantland? Pretty sure I heard it on there, good podcast.

they're hit or miss with me, sometimes they piss me off... it was either them or firewall and iceberg (which i like more)