OFFICIAL *The Americans { SEASON 1 & 2 } Thread*

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I fell asleep right before it started. I'm gonna check this out tonight though.

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
gonna torrent and watch tonight. forgot this even started :win:

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
show was crack

for once i actually love the female lead in a show

im interested to see where this goes tho...i dont think they can get too many seasons out of this show

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
If the rest of the season is on the same level as the first episode, then the cast will be cleaning up at award shows next year.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
show was crack

for once i actually love the female lead in a show

im interested to see where this goes tho...i dont think they can get too many seasons out of this show

Nah I disagree. The Cold War lasted until '91, the show starts in '81. They could get a good 5-6 seasons out of it at least, not even counting all the crazy shyt that happened back then like the Reagan assassination attempt, the Iran-Contra affair, the crack epidemic which has been tied to the CIA, the bombing of Libya, the threat of nuclear war, etc.

Fred.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
The Coli says it's piff...

:blessed:

Then I must watch.

tumblr_m61wzbwJpC1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just finished watching it. shyt was :whoo:

I think we got another one fellas. :leon:

I like the little easter eggs for people that grew up in the 80s. Like the Apollo-Soyuz painting in the school auditorium. That was the first U.S.-Soviet joint space flight. Phillip was staring at it during the song because he believes both sides can still be friends. Little stuff like that, some people might miss.

I like how they make both sides think the other is the devil. That's how it was. Russia wasn't evil, neither was the U.S. But when you're a spy, there is no room for compassion or understanding.

Elizabeth is a terrible actress. I don't mean the chick (Keri Russell) playing her. I mean she's supposed to be a spy and she's :birdman: in damn near every scene.

Phillip: "You want some ice cream?"

Elizabeth: :birdman: "No".

You gotta loosen up a bit. I know you hate America but eat some ice cream. :manny:

And :dead: at the CIA agent. He :troll: the fukk outta them spies.

Here's the promo for ep 2/the rest of the season. At the 0:16 second mark peep the umbrella. That's most likely ricin (shout out to "Breaking Bad"). In '78 the KGB used an umbrella with a ricin filled pellet to kill Georgi Markov. He defected to the U.S. because he was criticizing the Bulgarian government. Ricin was used a lot back then due to it being damn near untraceable.

Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Just finished watching the premiere and god :damn:

So far the character I find most interesting is Philip.

Tikal

Coming thru like BLAOW
Daps
Reppin
:ahh:
Just finished the watching :whoo: show really has potential, really feelin the '80 settings. Agree with you brehs saying Phillip is the most interesting character and a great actor. When it comes to his family he don't fukk around :birdman:

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
I think I'm going to give it a watch just off the strength of them using "Eminence Front" by The Who in the trailer.:obama: