OFFICIAL *The Americans { SEASON 1 & 2 } Thread*

spoiled

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We'll see what happens. This season was crazy though. Im just tired of the daughters having sub plots in shows. Just like Homeland. They make the little brother clueless towards everything while the daughter is on some I-spy shyt. That's my only issue.
This daughter sub plot is related to the main story though. Soviets trying to recruit Paige is gonna probably make Phil switch sides.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
This daughter sub plot is related to the main story though. Soviets trying to recruit Paige is gonna probably make Phil switch sides.
As long as it goes along with the main plot it's ok. I just get annoyed with it at times though

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His meek act had me COMPLETELY fooled! :ohhh:

:dead:

Yeah, same here breh. When shyt starts getting this far-fetched I get a little iffy.

Piru Paige putting in work could potentially reduce season 3 to Dexter status.:patrice:

:beli: This show handles it's pulpier moments with tact. This show will never reach Sons/True Blood/Dexter levels of fukkery

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Loved the first season. 3 episodes into the second season and I feel like the show is falling off and its starting to lose my interest. Does it get better brehs?

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Loved the first season. 3 episodes into the second season and I feel like the show is falling off and its starting to lose my interest. Does it get better brehs?
Yeah it does. The season definitely started off slow for me too but it picks up. Stuff that happened at the beginning of the season becomes important later on

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Yeah it does. The season definitely started off slow for me too but it picks up. Stuff that happened at the beginning of the season becomes important later on

Thanks breh, I guess I'll power through it.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Up to episode 9 and I'm just not feeling this season at all. shyt feels like a big nosedive from season 1. KGB pretty much running wild doing whatever they want out here. There is no balance at all in this season thus far, everyone in the FBI are idiots and all US citizens are turned to easily. We can't even get any turmoil between Phil and Elizabeth.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Up to episode 9 and I'm just not feeling this season at all. shyt feels like a big nosedive from season 1. KGB pretty much running wild doing whatever they want out here. There is no balance at all in this season thus far, everyone in the FBI are idiots and all US citizens are turned to easily. We can't even get any turmoil between Phil and Elizabeth.
Although I enjoyed season 2, this is 1 criticism I have with the season. Season 1 seemed more balanced between US and Russia. Russia has the upper hand for most of season 2.

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Although I enjoyed season 2, this is 1 criticism I have with the season. Season 1 seemed more balanced between US and Russia. Russia has the upper hand for most of season 2.

America had more PT in season 2 than they did in season 1, though. Stan was basically the third protagonist of the story.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Russians did rack a lot of Ws but it balanced out for the most part once the season was over imo. And Oleg exposed that Russian Incompetence when they blamed the sinking of the submarine to the fake plans Liz and Philth stole. He pretty much explained no one knows shyt about building stuff in the USSR.

We don't get much turmoil between Liz and Philth because they are scared about the safety of their children (the one thing that really keeps them together). They have a common cause that, unlike their loyalty to Russia, they are both hell bent on protecting.

That's why the season finale is so powerful. The thing that brings them together (their children) is gonna clash with the thing that drives them apart (their loyalty to the cause).

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Not sure how it balanced out in the end. The only thing that didn't happen is Beeman giving them Echo, they still got ole buddy to get the paint. American citizen sacrificing his life for Mother Russia. FBI had no wins in season 2 and was pretty much reduced to being a bunch of baffoons and Beeman was getting fukked 2 ways by the KGB.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Just finished season 1 :wow:

It started off slow with the first few episodes but midway through:whew:

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Am I the only one that's lowkey bothered that the two main characters whose first language is russian keep talking to each other and other Russian characters in english? I know it's minor to most people but it kind of takes me out of the show sometimes.
I think it just show how used to American culture they have become. Sometimes I dont even think they realize themselves.

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I actually think that line was why Stan didn't go through with it, how the hell did he knows that Stan keeps telling her "I love you"?
:ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh:
mind_blown.gif