OFFICIAL *The Americans { SEASON 1 & 2 } Thread*

BuyandSave

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#inherentville
Am I the only one that's lowkey bothered that the two main characters whose first language is russian keep talking to each other and other Russian characters in english? I know it's minor to most people but it kind of takes me out of the show sometimes.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
fukk Liz though, she made Philth do one of the biggest no-no in the spy game by meeting Arkady, and only AFTER that she goes "well, maybe Paige knowing isn't that bad of an idea :ld:"

Come on now :stopitslime:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
Am I the only one that's lowkey bothered that the two main characters whose first language is russian keep talking to each other and other Russian characters in english? I know it's minor to most people but it kind of takes me out of the show sometimes.
They're true to their cause. "Infiltrate/Assimilate/Decimate"

BuyandSave

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#inherentville
They're true to their cause. "Infiltrate/Assimilate/Decimate"
See, maybe it's because of the fact that I'm an actual immigrant from Eastern Europe that this type of stuff takes me out of the show. It's extremely unrealistic. Even the fact that they could learn to speak English without a Russian accent after the age of 16 (and that's pushing it) is pretty out there.

Last edited:

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
See, maybe it's because of the fact that I'm an actual immigrant from Eastern Europe that this type of stuff takes me out of the show. It's extremely unrealistic. Even the fact that they could learn to speak English without a Russian accent after the age of 16 (and that's pushing it) is pretty out there.

:manny: maybe they practiced really hard? :ld:

but i get what you're saying

I actually like the fact that they legitimately have covered all bases (so far) in seeming like the average american couple - the accent, or lack thereof, doesnt bother me at all

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Brehs, i can see Hit em up Henry turning into a Jarrod and doing his fam in the same way. Kid got a :demonic: streak in him. Wouldn't suprise me if while they're battling over Paige's future, the center slides in and indoctrinates Henry. All that lil dude would need is intellivision money :dead:
just wait till Nintendo or Atari drops, lil nikka gonna lose his mind

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
yes you are

they have to maintain cover cant show theyre russian at all

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
:manny: maybe they practiced really hard? :ld:

but i get what you're saying

I actually like the fact that they legitimately have covered all bases (so far) in seeming like the average american couple - the accent, or lack thereof, doesnt bother me at all
linguistics classes
they were taught the phonetic alphabet

BuyandSave

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#inherentville
yes you are

they have to maintain cover cant show theyre russian at all
That's a dumb excuse. They talk to their Russian targets in english and they also talk to each other about their life back in russia, their operations, and everything else that would clearly expose them as spies in english. Like I said, it's minor. I was just wondering if anybody else felt the same way.:yeshrug:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
That's a dumb excuse. They talk to their Russian targets in english and they also talk to each other about their life back in russia, their operations, and everything else that would clearly expose them in english. Like I said, it's minor. I was just wondering if anybody else felt the same way.:yeshrug:
its not
it i remember correctly it was explained in the first season
they're not allowed to speak Russian to maintain cover, they're not allowed to hint at that they're russian