OFFICIAL *The Americans { SEASON 1 & 2 } Thread*

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
just...just another fantastic episode

seriously...this show is up there...and Stan should win best supporting actor...his scenes last week with the speech about the dog soft mouth

and then tonight...where he played both sides of the same scenario as the killer and unknowingly talking to the killer...absolutely great acting

also Liz needs to stop letting her emotions fukk things up...it's going to put the big homey Phil in jeopardy one of these times...the nerve of this bytch who never gets any good info and fell in love with her only "recruit" to question Phil's loyalty to the game just because he had a bad day that one night and was rambling

dumb bytch...Phil needs to put her in check...especially when she was getting all aggy cuz he stopped by to see his kids in the morning...she needs to get put in her place so she can learn to chill the fukk out

WOLF2007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Liz is such a selfish bytch forreal.. OG Greg is digging them guts Phil said nothing, my nikka filthy phil goes in on her girl from Russia, she goes nuts.. She needs to control them emotions cuz she is putting the mission in jeopardy. She is always doing some shyt.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
phil let his old girl straight up defect but he was bout to smoke greg like it was nothing. greg promised he would remain a g or go out like a g, his old girl wanted him to go with her.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Liz is such a selfish bytch forreal.. OG Greg is digging them guts Phil said nothing, my nikka filthy phil goes in on her girl from Russia, she goes nuts.. She needs to control them emotions cuz she is putting the mission in jeopardy. She is always doing some shyt.

It wasn't like Phil wasn't fukking around either. Phil was the one pushing for the marriage to work and when asked to be entirely truthful, he lies. That's on him. Phil's and Elizabeth's relationship is the most intriguing thing about the show.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
phil let his old girl straight up defect but he was bout to smoke greg like it was nothing. greg promised he would remain a g or go out like a g, his old girl wanted him to go with her.

They were ok with her defecting though. They straight up said "kill Gregory if he doesn't defect". The stakes wasn't the same either. All that girl did was set up a Polish dissident, they framed Gregory for murdering an FBI agent.

I'm sure Phil would've gladly killed Gregory because he doesn't like him but he was actually told to do it.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Great ep, probably the best of the series. shyt is starting to get real. Gregory went out like a G.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Brehs I'm thinkin about divin into this. I got two questions tho.

1.How this shyt stack up to the heavy weights of the 1 hour division game? (breakingbad,homeland,GOT,etc)

2. Is this shyt a procedural? Like Law & Order where there is a different mission or case every week. or is there some central storyline like the joints I mentioned earlier.

1. It doesn't honestly. It's a great show but at only 10 eps so far I can't put it alongside any of those. I wouldn't even put "Game of Thrones" or "Homeland" in contention yet either with only 2 seasons. The heavyweights like "The Wire", "Sopranos", "Breaking Bad", "The Shield", etc. held it down for 5-7 seasons. 1-2 seasons ain't much.

Again, it's a great show but I can't put any show in any kind of over all ranking after just 10 eps.

2. The central story line is the Cold War. The show is set in 1984 at the height of the beef between the U.S. and Russia. Even eps with side plots still tie into the over arching theme of the Cold War. It's highly serialized like "Breaking Bad", or "Homeland". Every ep is part of the larger story.

Fred.

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
It wasn't like Phil wasn't fukking around either. Phil was the one pushing for the marriage to work and when asked to be entirely truthful, he lies. That's on him. Phil's and Elizabeth's relationship is the most intriguing thing about the show.

Oh Phil has fukked up plenty for sure...but Liz started Phil on that path by selling him out...so that's still on Liz's head to me...she wants to sell him out and then not expect him to get a little buckwild?...please

Liz recently is the one screwing it all up...having him move out made this whole thing a hell of a lot more complicated and is the main reason an FBI agent got stabbed up in the first place...which ultimately led to them finding the car and getting Greg gunned up...it all comes back to Liz not being able to try and work things out after he lied...so Greg's life is on her and that's why should should've been all broken up at the end like she was...not only did she fall for dude...she also basically caused his death.

and for a chick that's supposed to be so down for the cause...it sure seems like Phil is the only one they show bringing that reliable intel...all Liz does is jump to conclusions...she's got no patience...and when waiting something out is preferable she tries to turn it on Phil like he's not in it...even though Phil is just playing it smart

but you're right...that relationship is so fukked up it's a great watch...second best part of the show to me...but Stan holds it down so hard on the acting tip I enjoy his scenes the most

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Great ep, probably the best of the series. shyt is starting to get real. Gregory went out like a G.

Fred.

:foh:
Gregory made my stomach churn with how loyal he was to the KGB.
I'm thinking if he went to Moscow, they would of probably killed him like that Puerto Rican girl.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
1. It's tied with Homeland right now for the 3rd seed behind GOT and Breaking Bad

2. It's follows a storyline and the the storyline is:ohlawd:.

You need to allocate some free time and get caught up, and pull up a seat at the table breh :eat:

thiw show really is up there for me.. its def my fav this year. it has major major potential too.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
Greg went out like a G, but I was like :why:. He coulda been out in Russia knee deep in some Russian harlots every night, and we already know for a fact he likes dat Russian tang *Points at Liz*.

The whole shootout scenario tho had me rollin'. I know the FBI had a BOLO out on Greg, but it was just funny how the cop came out of the store like, "Look at this n!gga just muggin' like he can't get dis work, I hope he gives me a reason to bust his a$$..........holdup, is that the n!gga from the BOLO?!?! :hmm::wtf::ohhh::yes:. Yeah, Imma need backup"