OFFICIAL *The Americans { SEASON 1 & 2 } Thread*

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great episode

Their disguise/bullshyt story plan game is A+. I mean Phil pulled out a VP pin tho:clap:

And when Lizzie was like o word...Christopher??? Aiight...:bustback::bustback:

Their readiness is crazy...

Also, I think its funny how the KGB and the FBI kinda mirrored each other in this episode..

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
Phil stays with the strong hand in tense situations...he checked the hell out of Elizabeth on some "nah, we doing it my way this time woman" shyt

and he was on point about that...what I like about his character is that he can get real when he needs to (check out how easily he had that sniper trained on the home...left no doubt if it came to it he would've dropped the target quickly, quietly, no hesitation) but he keeps his mind right too and knows when to pull the reigns back...because Elizabeth would've been started war...she's wild out there trying to :bustback: on all Americans at the drop of a hat

Phil was looking like :what: when they were talking about the coup...and he was right...Russia should've been trusting their people there on the ground instead of overreacting back home trying to get Christopher started and pop off that World War 3

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Phil stays with the strong hand in tense situations...he checked the hell out of Elizabeth on some "nah, we doing it my way this time woman" shyt

and he was on point about that...what I like about his character is that he can get real when he needs to (check out how easily he had that sniper trained on the home...left no doubt if it came to it he would've dropped the target quickly, quietly, no hesitation) but he keeps his mind right too and knows when to pull the reigns back...because Elizabeth would've been started war...she's wild out there trying to :bustback: on all Americans at the drop of a hat

Phil was looking like :what: when they were talking about the coup...and he was right...Russia should've been trusting their people there on the ground instead of overreacting back home trying to get Christopher started and pop off that World War 3

That's how it was though back then man.

It's not that Russia wanted to end the world....because that's what would've happened....it's just that both sides seen the other side as wanting to win at all costs, and if that means the world ends, so be it. If you got a gun pointed at me and I got a gun pointed at you, nobody shoots because no one wants to get shot. But there's always someone that assumes the other person will shoot first.

In hindsight it's crazy as fukk that two world powers operated like that for 50+ years. Like I said earlier in the thread, if you Google declassified documents from that era, it'll blow your mind how many times shyt like this happened....WW3 narrowly being avoided.

Fred.

Skilltastrophy

Mizzou Mafia
Daps
That's how it was though back then man.

It's not that Russia wanted to end the world....because that's what would've happened....it's just that both sides seen the other side as wanting to win at all costs, and if that means the world ends, so be it. If you got a gun pointed at me and I got a gun pointed at you, nobody shoots because no one wants to get shot. But there's always someone that assumes the other person will shoot first.

In hindsight it's crazy as fukk that two world powers operated like that for 50+ years. Like I said earlier in the thread, if you Google declassified documents from that era, it'll blow your mind how many times shyt like this happened....WW3 narrowly being avoided.

Fred.

oh no doubt...I'm 30 plus a couple months, so I was a little young for the era...but I took an elective in college about the Cold War era...it was fascinating

my statement was more so about how rare of a person Phillip was for that era...makes him my favorite character...he's not falling into the edge of disaster, over the top paranoia that seemingly both governments fell victim to.

but this show does a great job of portraying just how pins and needles tense the Cold War really was

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
I think they're introducing this Stan marital troubles storyline to set up something happening between him and Nina da gawdess :ohlawd: I'm liking the flashbacks revealing more about Elizabeth's background and why she is how she is. Just hope Philip gets some of that same fleshing out. All they're doing with him character-wise has to do with him dealing with his marriage. I'd like to see if maybe something from his past in Russia causes him to be a little bit more cautious/doubtful when it comes to the cause.

One thing I love about this show is how small the main cast is.:blessed: It's really only Miss Elizabeth, Philly Freeway and Stan Spit. Then a couple of supporting, if that, characters. Really lessens the possibility of annoying, pointless side stories. That said I don't know where they're going with Paige and Stan's son story :whoa: Just watched the preview fred posted. I know dude didn't just give Felicity 3 lashes with that strap.:dahell: I'm gonna need Philly Free to deposit dudes body into the most floral of bushes for that transgression :shaq:
this is a great point. The fact that there is no character who you instantly :beli: when they come on the screen. Between Elizabeth (:noah:), Phillip, and Stan.....I like em all, and theyre sworn enemies. Its almost like all the spies are the protagonists, and nuclear war is the antagonist.

So much potential for this show :lawd:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
this is a great point. The fact that there is no character who you instantly :beli: when they come on the screen. Between Elizabeth (:noah:), Phillip, and Stan.....I like em all, and theyre sworn enemies. Its almost like all the spies are the protagonists, and nuclear war is the antagonist.

So much potential for this show :lawd:

That's probably the perfect way to put it.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just finished watching the latest episode and so glad it got picked up for another season and won't end up like Terriers did :sadbron:

I also think they might be headed to Stan and that fine Russian chick hooking up. What I like about the show so far besides the great characters is how they create tension so well and have you engaged into what will happen next.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
finally watched the first ep...:wow:

Philip in the cut while ol boy was checking out his car

:wow:

Keri is so bad...she is playing the cold russian well..

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I understand that family is Russian spies.

I remember when the Berlin Wall came down. Cold War era America was crazy man. Living under the threat of nuclear war every day, unless you're old enough to remember that era it's a hard feeling to describe.

Fred.

There was no threat of nuclear war for quite a while before the Berlin wall came down. Are you 50+?