OFFICIAL *The Americans { SEASON 1 & 2 } Thread*

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There was no threat of nuclear war for quite a while before the Berlin wall came down. Are you 50+?

I'm 36, and you're wrong. Define "real threat". Able Archer 83, which was just a training exercise, almost started a nuclear war in '83:

Able Archer 83 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again in '83:

On Sept. 1, 1983, Korean Air Lines Flight 007 was shot down by Soviet jet fighters. On the 26th, a Soviet early warning station under the command of Stanislav Petrov falsely detected 5 inbound intercontinental ballistic missiles from the US. Petrov correctly assessed the situation as a false alarm, and hence did not report his finding to his superiors. It is quite possible that his actions prevented "World War III", as the Soviet policy at that time was immediate nuclear response upon discovering inbound ballistic missiles.

Nuclear warfare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to mention the real-life events that inspired this latest ep of "The Americans". The U.S. had 3 "nuclear footballs" in play due to Reagan getting shot. You only need one to end the world.

Fred.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm 36, and you're wrong. Define "real threat". Able Archer 83, which was just a training exercise, almost started a nuclear war in '83:

Able Archer 83 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again in '83:

Nuclear warfare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to mention the real-life events that inspired this latest ep of "The Americans". The U.S. had 3 "nuclear footballs" in play due to Reagan getting shot. You only need one to end the world.

Fred.

Didn't know that. Thanks.

young3000

Most wanted baby father
Daps
Reppin
where they cross-over and clap boards
Noticed a mistake. No big deal but was kinda :wtf: considering the show nails the 80s so accurately.

In the scene where Phillip knocks the two guys out and money flies all over the room, some of the bills are "big face" 100s. That bill wasn't issued until '95 or '96. The show takes place in '81.

hahaahahaha

I caught that too but whatever this is my new favorite show, but watch it get canceled just because I'm so into it

ill Phil :win:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Hate it had to be her, my Russian princess had to suck off old dude to get that intel :scusthov: You could tell her handler felt bad about it, his wife came downstairs ready to get piped and he would rather practice his Russian to :cape:

The whole visual of Elizabeth climbing out of the trunk in the body shop and hopping over to the other car was very well done.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Nina :noah: She's gonna be the demise of the FBI agent.

Phillip's disguises are something else :dead:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Another great ep. Anyone catch Stan repeating "trust me" in Russian after his wife went up stairs? Was a nice little touch.

Fred.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Ill episode. Have to give credit to the guys on here that said Stan was falling for Nina, it's clear now that will be happening. FX and Yost, are pushing the envelope on this, with all the S&M/sex scenes, I didn't even know that was Kerri Russel for a minute, then I got all simped out like Phillip.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great episode. Phillip should've took the belt to that fool, though.