OFFICIAL *The Americans { SEASON 1 & 2 } Thread*

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:rudy: at nobody posting about the new ep.

Show keeps getting better and better. The level of paranoia and dread on this show is on another level.

:whoo: when Elizabeth popped the security guard in the head.

Whole ep was :whoo:

Promo for the next ep:

Phillip getting gully again. :leon:

Fred.

Last edited by a moderator:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I think they're introducing this Stan marital troubles storyline to set up something happening between him and Nina da gawdess :ohlawd: I'm liking the flashbacks revealing more about Elizabeth's background and why she is how she is. Just hope Philip gets some of that same fleshing out. All they're doing with him character-wise has to do with him dealing with his marriage. I'd like to see if maybe something from his past in Russia causes him to be a little bit more cautious/doubtful when it comes to the cause.

One thing I love about this show is how small the main cast is.:blessed: It's really only Miss Elizabeth, Philly Freeway and Stan Spit. Then a couple of supporting, if that, characters. Really lessens the possibility of annoying, pointless side stories. That said I don't know where they're going with Paige and Stan's son story :whoa: Just watched the preview fred posted. I know dude didn't just give Felicity 3 lashes with that strap.:dahell: I'm gonna need Philly Free to deposit dudes body into the most floral of bushes for that transgression :shaq:

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
I'm liking this show a lot so far. Its pretty intense, has good acting, intriguing plot, good pacing. That russian informant chic is bad too :takedat:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Good episode last night....besides her transgressions with ol Gregory, she is wife material..As far as Phillip, you make a fair point, but dude has been living the good life, or some version of it in the US for like 20 years, he'd be delusional (like Liz) if he didn't have some doubts about the sanity and righteousness of the whole communism/cold war thing.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:rudy: at nobody posting about the new ep.

Forgive me, breh. :to: I watched the episode late. Just finished watching it now.

That's four episodes now and it just keeps bringing the fire :whoo:

I think they're introducing this Stan marital troubles storyline to set up something happening between him and Nina da gawdess :ohlawd: I'm liking the flashbacks revealing more about Elizabeth's background and why she is how she is. Just hope Philip gets some of that same fleshing out. All they're doing with him character-wise has to do with him dealing with his marriage. I'd like to see if maybe something from his past in Russia causes him to be a little bit more cautious/doubtful when it comes to the cause.

One thing I love about this show is how small the main cast is.:blessed: It's really only Miss Elizabeth, Philly Freeway and Stan Spit. Then a couple of supporting, if that, characters. Really lessens the possibility of annoying, pointless side stories. That said I don't know where they're going with Paige and Stan's son story :whoa: Just watched the preview fred posted. I know dude didn't just give Felicity 3 lashes with that strap.:dahell: I'm gonna need Philly Free to deposit dudes body into the most floral of bushes for that transgression :shaq:

:laff:

Yeah you're right about the casting and the focus, we're still early into this series but even my favorite shows have that one character I can't stand. But in The American's Nobody is overdone or annoying. Even the kids the in this type of show I find likeable and that's rare. :wow:

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK

I can see that happening too.

Nina gives me the :wow: :whoo:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Last nights episode was brilliant. Looking at a moment like the attempted Reagan assassination through the eyes of KGB spies was incredibly compelling.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Noticed a mistake. No big deal but was kinda :wtf: considering the show nails the 80s so accurately.

In the scene where Phillip knocks the two guys out and money flies all over the room, some of the bills are "big face" 100s. That bill wasn't issued until '95 or '96. The show takes place in '81.

Really? :beli: must have been one of those dudes complaining about the blackberry in homeland :snoop: