Official Team Canada Basketball Thread

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
:mjlol:

American GMs and players have always said that Canadian teams aren't driven to success and will settle for their position. This place definitely has a let the cards fall where they may attitude.

Just be like me and never place hopes in Canadian teams.

:hhh:

Jamaica

:blessed:

No offense but isn’t that the Canadian mindset? Kinda nice, not rock the boat, be polite? I’ve never heard of Canadians having the national mentality to win at all costs

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps

Edey is averaging 13pts and 15.5rebs a game through 2

We cut a 19 year old Yao from a team with no 7 footers that had to play Nicholson and Lyles extended minutes at center

I feel like no Zach on the team is a Nick Nurse decision. If a guy more familiar or committed to Canada ball was coaching he would have called him up seeing as he's going to be a fixture in the future or would know how to use him. Nick Nurse signed on to coach NBA players, not young bucks.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
No offense but isn’t that the Canadian mindset? Kinda nice, not rock the boat, be polite? I’ve never heard of Canadians having the national mentality to win at all costs

No offense taken. There's a play both sides mentality here which often leads to passive and micro aggressions. Which makes sense when everyone that lives here sees it as temporary until reuniting with their home country or home values.

A home away from home is an apt phrase.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I feel like no Zach on the team is a Nick Nurse decision. If a guy more familiar or committed to Canada ball was coaching he would have called him up seeing as he's going to be a fixture in the future or would know how to use him. Nick Nurse signed on to coach NBA players, not young bucks.

that larry brown in athens mentality :scust:

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang

Edey just out played one of the top center prospects in the world

Finished the 1st round averaging 16pts & 16rebs in 3 games while going against 2 of the best big men in this tourney (Badji from Senegal and Tubelis from Lithuania, both NBA prospects )

This kid might be special :patrice:

Only 19 and he's only been playing ball for just over 2 years.

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Do we have a chance to win this again?
Definitely have a chance. This is probably the best Canada u19 team ever.

I don't know enough about the USA team to really say we can for sure beat them. Watched them play and Chet Holmgren is a legit star. We could beat them from what I've seen but I'm sure they're the favourite.

France also has that 7'3 kid who's apparently been incredible and the best player in the tournament so I'm sure they'll be in the finals and a tough game

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Edey just out played one of the top center prospects in the world

Finished the 1st round averaging 16pts & 16rebs in 3 games while going against 2 of the best big men in this tourney (Badji from Senegal and Tubelis from Lithuania, both NBA prospects )

This kid might be special :patrice:

Only 19 and he's only been playing ball for just over 2 years.

and we left this dude off our roster for bum ass doornekamp :beli:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
:lolbron:

out here refreshing the Olympic qualifying results thinking it's gonna change.

When those world rankings come out and you're struggling to stay ahead of DR:blessed:

Satoransky and schlib have tested positive for a banned simulant. Canada and greece will play a one off for the final qualifying spot

it could happen right :heh:

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
:lolbron:

out here refreshing the Olympic qualifying results thinking it's gonna change.

When those world rankings come out and you're struggling to stay ahead of DR:blessed:
Fiba World Cup qualifying starts in November .

Elroy Vargas is getting dunked on again :ufdup:

Funny sidenote, I've gone to 3 games against the DR in Toronto in the last 5 years and the same like 6 brolic Dominican dudes show up to every game decked out in flags and cheer louder than the rest of the crowd combined and have everyone around them like :hamster:. It's hilarious :heh: