Official Team Canada Basketball Thread

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Pouring salt in the wound

Serbia lost, Lithuania lost, and regardless of who wins between Czech Republic and Greece, both teams are ass come Group Play.

japan, nigeria, argentina, usa, iran , france, spain, australia, germany, slovenia, italy

:picard:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
:russ: Naw. I told you all about Nurse and everyone said I was crazy. You're gonna have to eat this one.

Now you guy are seeing the light. He can't develop young talent and he's very rigid with his game plan.

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
They crushed them. Wondering how they lost to Turkey at this point.

Also in other FIBA news, Germany made the Olympics with Roy Rana as their coach.
Yea the fact that Rautins and Triano got so many chances and Rana eventually got skipped over after his interim run when he had a hand in actually developing a lot of the dudes is another blemish on Canada ball. Rana a bigger legend to me than those guys personally. He should have gotten more time.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yea the fact that Rautins and Triano got so many chances and Rana eventually got skipped over after his interim run when he had a hand in actually developing a lot of the dudes is another blemish on Canada ball. Rana a bigger legend to me than those guys personally. He should have gotten more time.

Can we get Rana back :lupe:

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
Roy Rana while not a big time NBA head coach (he is on the Kings assistant staff still if I remember correctly), he had a pulse and relationships with guys. Nick Nurse has a chip but he was just cut and pasted in and expected to deliver shyt. It's easy for me to talk shyt now after the fact but even still. There's a process that goes into building a strong international program and we don't have the raw talent (yet) to brute force through that. It's not NBA2K or NBA Live where we can put a bunch of dudes with numbers in, hit simulate and walk out with shyt.

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang

Edey is averaging 13pts and 15.5rebs a game through 2

We cut a 19 year old Yao from a team with no 7 footers that had to play Nicholson and Lyles extended minutes at center

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Edey is averaging 13pts and 15.5rebs a game through 2

We cut a 19 year old Yao from a team with no 7 footers that had to play Nicholson and Lyles extended minutes at center

what the hell were we thinking

"you cant teach size"

Why take that bum doornekamp or those otehr scrubs instead of a legit big