Official Team Canada Basketball Thread

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
fukking Doornekamp STILL made it?! :hhh: I literally would've taken anyone else, he's useless out there
They have 2 alternates for Covid insurance I think, so he better be one of them. Glorified assistant coach they don't have to pay

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
They have 2 alternates for Covid insurance I think, so he better be one of them. Glorified assistant coach they don't have to pay

Yeah man, I get that there's a lack of real wings with size on this roster but I would've taken Ben Mathurin, Isiaha Mike or even a small Euroleaguer like Kassius Robertson since he can shoot. You're playing 4 on 5 if you put a big minus like Doornekamp out there

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Yeah man, I get that there's a lack of real wings with size on this roster but I would've taken Ben Mathurin, Isiaha Mike or even a small Euroleaguer like Kassius Robertson since he can shoot. You're playing 4 on 5 if you put a big minus like Doornekamp out there
Yeah I agree. I'm pretty sure he's not even a wing anymore and strictly a stretch 4 in Spain. Doesn't serve any purpose beyong "leadership" and "experience". Zero chance he's gonna be able to tell the guys ahead of him anything. Most of them have alot of Fiba experience anyways.

If I had to guess it's gonna be a 9 man rotation with Cory, Dort , Barrett , Wiggins and Powell starting.

Have Naw be 6th man playing everywhere from 1 to 3, Lyles and Nicholson as the back up bigs and Mulder as a 3 and D guy on the wings.

We will never field our best team....were missing about 8 NBA players.
Yeah between injuries and contracts, there's almost no chance we ever get full participation.

If they qualify for the Olympics they can still swap guys out and hopefully bring in a couple more NBA guys

Last edited:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yeah I agree. If I had to guess it's gonna be a 9 man rotation with Cory, Dort , Barrett , Wiggins and Powell starting.

Have Naw be 6th man playing everywhere from 1 to 3, Lyles and Nicholson as the back up bigs and Mulder as a 3 and D guy on the wings.

Yeah between injuries and contracts, there's almost no chance we ever get full participation.

If they qualify for the Olympics they can still swap guys out and hopefully bring in a couple more NBA guys

sure once olynyk And Birch sign he will be there

Last edited:

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Even with the missing players, this may be the strongest team we’ve fielded yet.
Yeah these versions of Dort, Wiggins,and Barrett being on the same team is better than anything we've had on 1 team

Nash was god like in 99 and 2000 but Todd Macchulloch and Rowan Barrett were the next best players

The 2015 team that fukked up is probably closest just based on names and depth, but they were all young and in their first few years in the league.

This year's coaching staff is also probably way better than anything we've had too. Nurse, Bjorkgren, buncha current and former raptors assistants, David Blatt etc

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
First game is on CBC apparently. Against Greece on Tuesday 7pm
Yeah it's Greece on Tuesday, then they play China on Wednesday at 7 and then the semi finals and finals (probably against the Czechs and then Turkey) on Saturday and Sunday. All the games will be on CBC I'm pretty sure