Official Team Canada Basketball Thread

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Olynyk is a FA though? Hopefully canada covers his insurance didn't he get injured last time he played for canada?

:scust: at all these guys who pulled out

I bet if barrett dad wasn't the gm he would have pulled out as well
Yeah he got hurt at an exhibition game vs Nigeria before the 2019 world Cup

Rowan Sr just had a press session and I haven't seen any mention of Kelly so I think he might be out now. You're probably right and the contract is the issue .

Also read that commiting to the team means being with them for over a month prior to the Olympics. If they win the qualifying tournament, they're going straight from there to Hawaii to train, and then the Olympics start on July 23rd in Japan.

Being away from your home/family for potentially 2 months is alot to ask. I'm guessing that's why we're seeing so many guys pull out

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yeah he got hurt at an exhibition game vs Nigeria before the 2019 world Cup

Rowan Sr just had a press session and I haven't seen any mention of Kelly so I think he might be out now. You're probably right and the contract is the issue .

Also read that commiting to the team means being with them for over a month prior to the Olympics. If they win the qualifying tournament, they're going straight from there to Hawaii to train, and then the Olympics start on July 23rd in Japan.

Being away from your home/family for potentially 2 months is alot to ask. I'm guessing that's why we're seeing so many guys pull out

Cory Joseph the ryan smyth/shane doan :wow:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis: At least an improvement over 2019.

NAW/Wiggins/Barrett can provide the bulk of our scoring. No Birch is a blow if Olynk isnt there.

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
:francis: At least an improvement over 2019.

NAW/Wiggins/Barrett can provide the bulk of our scoring. No Birch is a blow if Olynk isnt there.
I think Dort is gonna be huge for them now.

Nitkilina was pretty great for the France team that upset the USA a couple years ago and Dort is a million times better on d and as a shooter or finishing at the rim .

I think Dort will start with Barret and Wiggins at the forward spots. If Powell starts at center and Cory at pg that could be an amazing defensive lineup. Just get stops and then run ppl outta the gym

Have guys like NAW, Lyles, and Mulder bring scoring off the bench

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Dort is gonna be huge for them now.

Nitkilina was pretty great for the France team that upset the USA a couple years ago and Dort is a million times better on d and as a shooter or finishing at the rim .

I think Dort will start with Barret and Wiggins at the forward spots. If Powell starts at center and Cory at pg that could be an amazing defensive lineup. Just get stops and then run ppl outta the gym

Have guys like NAW, Lyles, and Mulder bring scoring off the bench
Didnt realize Lyles showed up. Hasn't played for Canada in nearly a decade.

Forgot about Dort. We should still handle business, especially with no Giannis.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Didnt realize Lyles showed up. Hasn't played for Canada in nearly a decade.

Forgot about Dort. We should still handle business, especially with no Giannis.

at this point for lyles he needs the minutes, dudes nba career is hanging on by a thread
He's also a FA which means a strong showing could basically mean latching unto a nba team or joining andrew nicholson on the Fujian Sturgeons

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I think this is the actual group they have to choose from. I read that a bunch of the under 19 guys will be in camp but they have the u19 championships in a month so they're just there for camp. Pretty sure they can only take 12 guys

Screenshot-20210616-143444.png

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I looked at his wikipedia not that long ago, and hes played in like 9 or 10 different events for Canada since like he was in high school in like 2008 I think.

I bet he's played the most games for Canada of any player ever

He played great for detroit as well, prob the best he's ever played in the nba

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I think this is the actual group they have to choose from. I read that a bunch of the under 19 guys will be in camp but they have the u19 championships in a month so they're just there for camp. Pretty sure they can only take 12 guys

Screenshot-20210616-143444.png

All the nba guys are automatic thats 8 spots :ehh:

id then go nicholson, ejim, bennett, nembhard

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps

Pretty sure Nate's back next year. Didn't expect to see David Blatt as part of the staff.

Bennedict Mathurin might make the team. He probably would've been a candidate for the end of the 1st like Josh Primo if he declared for the draft

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang

Pretty sure Nate's back next year. Didn't expect to see David Blatt as part of the staff.

Bennedict Mathurin might make the team. He probably would've been a candidate for the end of the 1st like Josh Primo if he declared for the draft

They have a need for a wing with some size on the bench. Everyone who can play the 3 besides Barrett and Wiggins is either an undersized 4 or more of a smaller guard. I'd rather the last spot go to a young guy than Doornekamp or Ejim.

Wonder how they'd weigh that out if they think he's good enough to make the senior team as opposed to leading the under 19s

Apparently Elijah Fisher is going to play for the u19 team. I think he's still only 15 or 16. Definitely gonna try to catch a game or 2 to see him play

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
They have a need for a wing with some size on the bench. Everyone who can play the 3 besides Barrett and Wiggins is either an undersized 4 or more of a smaller guard. I'd rather the last spot go to a young guy than Doornekamp or Ejim.

Wonder how they'd weigh that out if they think he's good enough to make the senior team as opposed to leading the under 19s

Apparently Elijah Fisher is going to play for the u19 team. I think he's still only 15 or 16. Definitely gonna try to catch a game or 2 to see him play

Apparently the games are on CBC instead of DAZN this year

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Wiggins and Cory aren't at camp. Dort apparently isn't either:beli:

They were all listed on the roster FIBA listed yesterday on their site

Hopefully they're just coming in late But Wiggins is at a Lake in Minnesota and Cory is sand surfing somewhere in the middle East. Seen ppl say Dort is still in Montreal.

If they don't show after making very public commitments in the last few weeks it's gonna look so bad on Team Canada.

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
They finally released an official list of who's at camp. Wiggins, Cory, and Dort are there so I guess they were just showing up late

I'd go

Cory/NAW/Nembhard
Dort/Mulder
Barrett/Mathurin
Wiggins/Lyles/Ejim
Powell/Nicholson