Official Team Canada Basketball Thread

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I'm in a big group chat with a bunch of coaches from Canada and Mike George his agent is in it and he said he straight up told Brooks and Brissett not to play.
There's a basketball writer I follow on Twitter, and he kinda said the same thing.

Said it was known for a while that there was no way Brissett was gonna be able to show up. Too much pressure on him not too.

Also said that Brooks had an agreement to show up for camp late (the date he said ended up being the same day Dort, Wiggins, and Cory showed up on) but that Brooks decision was much more last minute than Brissett.

I'm still hoping he'll join if they make the Olympics

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
I'd assume it's because he still hasn't gotten a big bag yet, and his playoff performance might have catapulted him into a way higher pay range. Olympics might be different because of prestige but playing in these qualifying tourneys is still a pretty big risk for guys who have potential 100+ mil contracts in their future.

I think that's why we didn't see Wiggins again until he signed his monster deal

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
Inkedscreen-LI.jpg

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I'd assume it's because he still hasn't gotten a big bag yet, and his playoff performance might have catapulted him into a way higher pay range. Olympics might be different because of prestige but playing in these qualifying tourneys is still a pretty big risk for guys who have potential 100+ mil contracts in their future.

I think that's why we didn't see Wiggins again until he signed his monster deal

wiggins said he joined because his mom went to two olympics don't know how bs or pr it is

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Thanks breh.

Seems like a chicken/egg scenario. We are in this tournament now because none of these guys showed up to the World Championships in 2019. Every other big country had NBA talent show up then and we only had Cory/Birch/Powell.

Its just excuses im looking at alphonso davies and jonathan david guys who suit up whenever that bell rings or even a guy like cory joseph
Has cory joseph ever said no?

I remember him and tristan thompson flying like 20 plus hours to manilla to suit up for canada

now we cant even get these guys to SUIT UP PLAYING IN VICTORIA BC

:scust:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its just excuses im looking at alphonso davies and jonathan david guys who suit up whenever that bell rings or even a guy like cory joseph
Has cory joseph ever said no?

I remember him and tristan thompson flying like 20 plus hours to manilla to suit up for canada

now we cant even get these guys to SUIT UP PLAYING IN VICTORIA BC

:scust:
Cory traveled all the way from Dubai to Victoria and did the quarantine to play for this squad. Pickering breh deserves the Order of Canada.

Meanwhile Im sure Brooks aint doing shyt but partying right now :heh: I remember seeing that dude trying to get into Raps afterparty day before Raps parade :mjlol:

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Found a thing that lists how many times guys have played with the senior team
E482VyzUUAA4FL0

Doesn't include the JR team games guys have played though.

Cory is captain Canada .

Doornekamps having played 66 games is a bad look though.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Found a thing that lists how many times guys have played with the senior team
E482VyzUUAA4FL0

Doesn't include the JR team games guys have played though.

Cory is captain Canada .

Doornekamps having played 66 games is a bad look though.

Crazy that Dort has zero games with the program at any level. Lyles played for the junior team once I think, but this'll be his first senior game. I dont remember Mulder playing for us before?

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Crazy that Dort has zero games with the program at any level. Lyles played for the junior team once I think, but this'll be his first senior game. I dont remember Mulder playing for us before?
I think Lyles might have been the MVP at the u19 world championships. I know he dominated in that tournament

I know that Dort played with a B team when he was still in college I think. They played the senior team and the China team in a warmup

Mulder played in a couple of those weird in season qualifiers for the 2019 World Cup when he was still in the Gleague

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Cory traveled all the way from Dubai to Victoria and did the quarantine to play for this squad. Pickering breh deserves the Order of Canada.

Meanwhile Im sure Brooks aint doing shyt but partying right now :heh: I remember seeing that dude trying to get into Raps afterparty day before Raps parade :mjlol:

I used to talk bad about cory but dude always answers the call and played great under casey this year

sad thiing is I know that lyles if he had a deal would have prob said no
this is basically a try out for him to be in the nba next year

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
SGA gonna be in miami all summer partying smh..since summer of 2020 was cancelled smh

these dudes dont want to play :manny: