Official Team Canada Basketball Thread

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Apparently Ejim had to leave the team for personal reasons.

Should mean there's a chance for Bennett to make it and steal some minutes. Hope he uses it to help resurrect his career :ehh:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Apparently Ejim had to leave the team for personal reasons.

Should mean there's a chance for Bennett to make it and steal some minutes. Hope he uses it to help resurrect his career :ehh:

Good! No more Ejim:blessed:

Bennett has always played decent in FIBA ball, he should be better than Ejim

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Good! No more Ejim:blessed:

Bennett has always played decent in FIBA ball, he should be better than Ejim
I read that they're allowed to take 14 guys because Fiba expanded the rosters for potential covid issues. So expect to see Doornekamp on the roster :francis:

He better be basically an assistant coach. He's 35 now and still somehow worming his way onto our rosters :hhh:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
I read that they're allowed to take 14 guys because Fiba expanded the rosters for potential covid issues. So expect to see Doornekamp on the roster :francis:

He better be basically an assistant coach. He's 35 now and still somehow worming his way onto our rosters :hhh:

Doorenkamp :scust:

I blame fukking Triano on continuing to use that scrub from the Rautins era

I'd even take a random guy from the Canadian leagues over that guy, he offers nothing

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Doorenkamp :scust:

I blame fukking Triano on continuing to use that scrub from the Rautins era

I'd even take a random guy from the Canadian leagues over that guy, he offers nothing
They had a couple of kids from the u19 team in camp and I'd way rather they take a kid with talent like Mathurin or have you seen the 7'4 Filipino kid from Purdue. Zach Edey? I'd never seen him before but I went and watched some highlights and he's legit. Not some gangly awkward giant, has good hands and moves well.

No way either of those kids couldn't be more useful in a game than Doornekamp

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
They had a couple of kids from the u19 team in camp and I'd way rather they take a kid with talent like Mathurin or have you seen the 7'4 Filipino kid from Purdue. Zach Edey? I'd never seen him before but I went and watched some highlights and he's legit. Not some gangly awkward giant, has good hands and moves well.

No way either of those kids couldn't be more useful in a game than Doornekamp

I believe Edey is actually Korean, and he played hockey before deciding to play basketball full time instead. Nurse said he did like Bediako, Edey and Mathurin's play last week in camp. I rather see what he can get from those guys and not play an even more washed Doornekamp

Last edited:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
@trick

Already a way better athlete than Boban. No way he doesn't make the league

Yep pretty sure he'll be out in a year or two. If you're that big and already productive in college, you shouldn't be risking injury and just go pro even if you go undrafted. At the very least, he looks like he'd be a euroleague player.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why arent we playing any warmup games? Also why is the training camp shrouded in secrecy? WOAT communications/public affairs. If you want to drive up interest in the team, at the very least share some clips/photos of the team practicing.

Instead we got random journalists tweeting scoops of who is there, like its a trade rumour :dahell:

Box Factory

hater
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
Why arent we playing any warmup games? Also why is the training camp shrouded in secrecy? WOAT communications/public affairs. If you want to drive up interest in the team, at the very least share some clips/photos of the team practicing.

Instead we got random journalists tweeting scoops of who is there, like its a trade rumour :dahell:
I think Covid and the fact that they let the bigger name guys (Wiggins, Dort, Cory + whoever else) only arrive a day before they left to go to BC is why they didn't have any games

I think they didn't initially wanna talk about who's there because guys were were still arriving late and they didn't wanna send any negative press their way.

The roster is basically set now with Ejim pulling out. They're taking 14 guys so it's pretty much

Guards/wings - Cory, Naw, Mulder, Dort , Wiggins, , Barrett and then Bell-Haynes or Nembhard

Bigs - Powell, Nicholson , Lyles, Edey

And then 3 of Doornekamp, Klassen, Nembhard, Bennett and Isiaha Mike.

I read that Bennett signed with a Puerto Rican team and they start playing soon. And I haven't seen anybody mention Mike once so I'll bet they're the cuts. If Bennett stays I'd think Nembhard or Bell Haynes is the other cut