Official T E N E T Thread

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Neal came back to life and caught the bullet?!?!?

Nolan: yeah, and the little kid is Neal too, didn't you see the backpack?

Shut yo ass up, I'm glad Warner Brothers dropped ya, have fun at Universal, see ya on the Peacock.

Neal: well, let me go back into this tunnel so I can die and save the day.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Neal came back to life and caught the bullet?!?!?

Nolan: yeah, and the little kid is Neal too, didn't you see the backpack?

Shut yo ass up, I'm glad Warner Brothers dropped ya, have fun at Universal, see ya on the Peacock.

Neal: well, let me go back into this tunnel so I can die and save the day.

Wait, that happened? :mjlol:

The more I think about this movie the more I hate it :mjlol:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I still don't understand what I'm watching. :dead:

I didn't understand it in theaters either. :dead:
Nolan just fukking with people now. Let me find people with the thickest accents, now let me write the most convoluted and ludicrous script imaginable and just as an added bonus I will turn the music up so loud you will have no idea what the fukk is happening even with subtitles :russ:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
Im watching this as we speak? One hour in... when does it start to make sense?
Im lost like a babe in the woods.
Am i an idiot?

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He came back to life and caught the bullet, what part you don't get?:troll:

It's time inversion where everything flows both forward and backwards simultaneously. Neil was part of the inverted team while the Protagonist was part of the team going forward. The inverted team was supposed to cause a distraction to provide the illusion to Sator that the battle for the final piece was a success and that team TENET failed. The forward team that the Protagonist was on was suppose to get the final piece before it was detonated. While the Protagonist was going in to retrieve it, Neil saw them triggering a booby trap. He goes in to prevent that from occurring. The part that maybe confusing was WHEN he went from being inverted to progressive when doing through the inversion turn-style.

To understand this, you have to go the ending of the movie. At the ending of the movie, a non-inverted NEIL pulled the Protagonist out of the underground cave before it detonated. He told the Protagonist that he's returning back. So the Neil returns with the inverted Team despite him non-inverted. This mean there were TWO NEILS on the INVERTED TEAM: Neil created a cycle of himself in which he sacrificed himself to save humanity. Watch again and see at the same time Neil was shot in reverse, the other Neil was on the HUMVEE driving to where he could pull the Protagonist out.