Official T E N E T Thread

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
This is some inception type brain fukk movie..
I might finish watching it tomorrow maybe ...if I feel like scrambling my brain

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched this for the first time...was pretty hype for it...

...turns out I didn’t like it and not because I didn’t understand it (cuz I did) but because I didn’t like John David Washington’s acting. He’s pretty wooden without a lot of range. He’s way more miss than hit with his roles. Tries to act like his father too much and needs to find his own voice/style.

However, I did think it was really cool that both the beginning and end of the movie was converging on itself toward a singularity point and to see a lot of things that didn’t make sense in the first half of the movie start making sense in the second half when done in reverse.

A different lead or giving the lead more of a backstory, or at least the illusion of one to create an air of mystery, would have been very beneficial to this film.

Last edited:

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Finally saw it last night.

Premise is interesting and the action was great. And as we're all accustomed to on all Nolan films, the score was amazing.

Biggest gripe with the film is why the Protagonist was hell bent on helping Kat. His mission is to avoid the end of existence and he's willing to give away the last piece of algorithm to Andrei so he can save the chick? He just fukking met her and him trying to save her from Andrei drove the film too much. All that other extra shyt that he did just to save Kat was unnecessary.

The other big fail is the casting of the Protagonist. Dude lacks leading man stage presence/charisma. Awful miscast. This movie would have been so much better with someone like Michael B Jordan or Anthony Mackie. Hell, his 66 year old dad would have killed this role.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
The other big fail is the casting of the Protagonist. Dude lacks leading man stage presence/charisma. Awful miscast. This movie would have been so much better with someone like Michael B Jordan or Anthony Mackie. Hell, his 66 year old dad would have killed this role.

I think y'all too hard on him. I don't think it's his fault he was written to not have any real backstory or even a name. I thought he had plenty of moments where he had personality but nolan chose not to explore it. If they dedicated even half the time they spent developing the villain and his wife to developing the protagonist y'all wouldn't feel this way. I think the only reason y'all doing this is because he doesn't have the same pedigree as the guys you are comparing him to and I don't think that's fair.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Not only was this Nolan’s worst movie by far but this was a bad movie in general. Nolan fan boys trying to validate this is hilarious. Any other director makes this and it’s rightfully panned. Frenetic pace. Nonsensical complex plot. Absolutely no character development outside the shytty domestic subplot. Exposition galore with bad audio. Laughably bad protagonist. Washington Jr. doing his best impersonating of dad. Only saving grace was the visual effects with the reverse entrophy gimmick. Literally couldn’t wait for this 2 1/2 hour slog to end