Official T E N E T Thread

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Ultimately it was too long for me, I'll give it a 7 out of 10. Spectacles are supposed to develop the plot, not the other way around

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Just finished this. Enjoyed it but it's the most "I need to watch that a few more times" ass movie I've ever seen. :russ:

Feels like I really only started to understand the plot about an hour in and I'm still sure I missed a lot of it. But I love high concept stuff like this, so I'm not complaining. Subs definitely helped :ahh:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Movie was actually pretty good...for a nolan movie...

It is interesting reading everyone opinion of the plot.

All signs point to the kid being Neil. The only characters who do not get their loops closed or inferred being close are The protagonist for obvious reasons...the wife...and the son...and i am assuming the wife and the son don't get close because the kid grows up to be Neil...

Now how you explain the age difference in the movie...well Nolan going to Nolan :skip:
What age difference tho?

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Nolan outdid himself with this one. :russ:

Good fukking lord. :francis:

Dude just says fukk it im going to make a movie so fukking ludicrous and convoluted that everyone will praise my courage to make such a confusing and anti climatic shyt show. :francis:

This film is just :gucci:

If you separate the plot of the movie from the time loop theme of the movie it's not that hard to follow...

I do however feel like there was some stuff in the movie that hints at everything we saw only being one iteration out of many...for right now though I don't think the movie was good enough for me to go back and spend 3 or 4 hours analyzing the film to see if thats true or not though...

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I had to watch a breakdown on YouTube after watching this shyt

One of the most interesting and complicated plots attempted in any movie

However, all the characters were bland other than Neil

audio was pretty bad as well

Also, why aren’t these future bad guys travelling back in time to ensure that the algorithm is buried (as well as making sure other stuff goes to plan)

why are they relying on this Russian simp :gucci:

7/10

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
yeah, i'm glad some of yall not fronting like this wasn't a convoluted mess. They had a really good basic idea with time travel/inversion thing, but they tried to get too scientific AND philosophical with it. And they explained it horribly.

Also, they could have done more with the inversion stuff in fight/action scenes or in smaller incidents so people could grasp what they were looking at. They tried to do this shyt for like a full act. :mjlol:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yeah, some nice ideas and concepts but horribly executed. I'll probably watch it again so pick up a bit more but I wasnt overly happy with this movie despite really looking forward to it.
I give Nolan props for trying to be original but you have to make an enjoyable movie not just rely on your gimmick that is too complex to even care about what's happening.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
yeah, i'm glad some of yall not fronting like this wasn't a convoluted mess. They had a really good basic idea with time travel/inversion thing, but they tried to get too scientific AND philosophical with it. And they explained it horribly.

Also, they could have done more with the inversion stuff in fight/action scenes or in smaller incidents so people could grasp what they were looking at. They tried to do this shyt for like a full act. :mjlol:
The amount of times I said "Wow, that's so cool.......the fukk just happened?" So many :leostare: moments in the film.