Official T E N E T Thread

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nolan is my favorite director doing it, but this movie needed about 15-20 rewrites, and he should be embarrassed at the audio.

Christopher-Nolan-will-be-007.jpg

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Ay man. I paid as much attention to this as I possibly could, but I have no fukkin clue what was goin on in the last 40 or so minutes of this shyt lol. nikkas was in military outfits reversing explosions and shooting shyt. WHO WERE THEY SHOOTING AT? What the fukk was that battle? Fr had no idea who the good guys were fighting.
I was dying laughing at how the ol leggy blonde chick killed the villain tho. Just popped that nikka and slid him off the yacht like a slip n slide :russ:
:mjlol:

If you wanna be more confused go watch one of the break down videos on YouTube. It'll make perfect sense after that. :mjtf:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Satar. he goes back in time to relive that moment but if that's his past self, where's the present self at

According to Sir Michael Crosby (Michael Caine's character) "Sator emerged from this blank spot of the map" referring to the abandoned city that team TENET created that faux battle. We are also informed Sator was on the hunt for all 9 parts of the Algorithm. So it's heavily implied while the inverted Sator dies at the yacht, present Sator was currently searching for parts of the algorithm. He may of been even behind the opera mission where one of the pieces was hidden which was also implied to happen simultaneously as everything else was happening.

Either way, so-called "present" Sator was never on the yacht.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ay man. I paid as much attention to this as I possibly could, but I have no fukkin clue what was goin on in the last 40 or so minutes of this shyt lol. nikkas was in military outfits reversing explosions and shooting shyt. WHO WERE THEY SHOOTING AT? What the fukk was that battle? Fr had no idea who the good guys were fighting.
I was dying laughing at how the ol leggy blonde chick killed the villain tho. Just popped that nikka and slid him off the yacht like a slip n slide :russ:

Team TENET was trying to stop Sator from getting the final piece of the Algorithm. They knew that Sator knows that they were coming and fear for a possible trap, so Team TENET set up two teams to create a "temporal pincer movement" or where things are going simultaneously forward and backwards. A team ten minutes ahead of time going backwards and another team coming ten minutes behind going forward are working together to front a battle (which isn't a real) so, one team can see and inform the other team of what to expect when searching for the final piece of the Algorithm. This was how Neil, who was on the team moving inverted, saw what was going to happen minutes ahead of time and was able to prevent Sator's goon from getting the Algorithm by sacrificing himself.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Team TENET was trying to stop Sator from getting the final piece of the Algorithm. They knew that Sator knows that they were coming and fear for a possible trap, so Team TENET set up two teams to create a "temporal pincer movement" or where things are going simultaneously forward and backwards. A team ten minutes ahead of time going backwards and another team coming ten minutes behind going forward are working together to front a battle (which isn't a real) so, one team can see and inform the other team of what to expect when searching for the final piece of the Algorithm. This was how Neil, who was on the team moving inverted, saw what was going to happen minutes ahead of time and was able to prevent Sator's goon from getting the Algorithm by sacrificing himself.

oh wow that shyt went completely over my head :dwillhuh:

I thought they were actually fighting/shooting other ppl...I knew there were 2 teams and their respective purposes but I thought they were both fighting a common squad and that the inverted team came in to get the drop on them

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I don’t think Neil is Max. I think it’s one of those things where fans get more creative than the artist actually did, and start coming up with intriguing ideas and the artist is mum like, “Well.... maybe.”

On some, “Breh, if you play tracks 8,7,9 and then go back and play track 1 and 2, you’ll realize those numbers are the numeric equivalent of the amount DB Cooper stole. Kendrick is DB Cooper,” shyt.

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

It all makes sense now :shaq2:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t think Neil is Max. I think it’s one of those things where fans get more creative than the artist actually did, and start coming up with intriguing ideas and the artist is mum like, “Well.... maybe.”

On some, “Breh, if you play tracks 8,7,9 and then go back and play track 1 and 2, you’ll you’ll realize those numbers are the numeric equivalent of the amount DB Cooper stole. Kendrick is DB Cooper,” shyt.

Aside the fact this is Nolan we're talking about, but out all of the symbolism, Easter eggs and theories in this film, the presumption of Neil is Max is one of the most plausible ones.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

On some, “Breh, if you play tracks 8,7,9 and then go back and play track 1 and 2, you’ll you’ll realize those numbers are the numeric equivalent of the amount DB Cooper stole. Kendrick is DB Cooper,” shyt.

I like the idea a lot but I’m in agreeance with you...in the video @gluvnast posted the narrator mentioned when long-legs pointed out that dude didn’t know how to pull off being rich followed up by saying that neil always looked the part as one of the signs that he might be max...but I remember there being a part in the movie when he first was talking to the guy in the “vault” during the “tour” and the guy had to explain to neil (based on a question he asked) that his clients came in private jets and therefore didn’t have to worry about bringing in anything thru airport security which is something a person who grew up rich might now...idk it’s a small detail...maybe neil was just purposely playing “dumb”...but I do like the fan theory a lot

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This isn't true, breh. :heh:

They were actually fighting Sator's men simultaneously, they even explicitly mention that Sator will also have inverted men on grounds. The whole "temporal pincer" thing just means the inverted crew fighting from the future back to the past have strategic knowledge.

Nolan is such a limited action director he just couldn't get the feel of the battle across at all and it ends up being a bunch of showcase scenes (like the building exploding invertedly and then normally) mixed into scenes of guys running backwards shooting and guys running forwards shooting.

And of course none of that strategic knowledge is really on display either since Neil seems to act more on instinct than knowledgeable and completely improvised along the way.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
oh wow that shyt went completely over my head :dwillhuh:

I thought they were actually fighting/shooting other ppl...I knew there were 2 teams and their respective purposes but I thought they were both fighting a common squad and that the inverted team came in to get the drop on them
yea who the fukk were they shooting at blowing up all those structures.

Nolan confused the bol.

they were fighting the villains goons.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
According to Sir Michael Crosby (Michael Caine's character) "Sator emerged from this blank spot of the map" referring to the abandoned city that team TENET created that faux battle. We are also informed Sator was on the hunt for all 9 parts of the Algorithm. So it's heavily implied while the inverted Sator dies at the yacht, present Sator was currently searching for parts of the algorithm. He may of been even behind the opera mission where one of the pieces was hidden which was also implied to happen simultaneously as everything else was happening.

Either way, so-called "present" Sator was never on the yacht.
this the post right here