ALOT MORE WITH
ANOTHER VIEWING.
:devil:
:evil:
:gucci: please spoiler tag

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
8/10 overall. Good script, concept, action, acting.
Washington did a very good job. Batman was excellent. Caine 10/10.
Poor musical score (intrusive), audio was muffled (but I heard that's only on 35mm), a few corny lines (not a big deal) and it lost some energy in the first half.
If you like sci-fi/physics this is the movie for you.

Around the same level as Inception (maybe slightly worse), better than Interstellar, worse than The Prestige.
I need to watch it a few more times.
I hope this isn’t a knock against the all time greatest Nolan flick which is the Prestige. His only perfect 10/10 film if you ask me

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
As for the movie itself
Got back tonight with the miSss
Enjoyed it thoroughly from a cinematic movie going experience goes.

I admit only probably got about 70% of the film but I know I came away enjoying what I saw. And looking forward to watching again at home with my system and 85 inch in 4K. Nolan makes movies meant to be EXPERIENCED!!!

sometimes you Sacrifice depth for it. It isn’t winning any Oscars. But it’s a damn fun film

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
Last thought
You watching this in a cam version off a laptop or even dvd quality on some 50 inch tv then yea u might as well toss this film in the bushes.

theres a reason Nolan pushes for IMAX watches on his films. This truly is meant to be seen IN THEATERS.

But like I said...if you’re in for the experience factor of it.

momma

All Star
Daps
Around the same level as Inception (maybe slightly worse), better than Interstellar, worse than The Prestige.
I need to watch it a few more times.

No, just clearly not Inception good. Not to me, anyway. I still plan on seeing Tenet again.

Inception is only just a much more digestible film. ":gladbron: Whoa did the spinning thing stop or not?? Was he still dreaming??" I think Tenet and Interstellar both invite a lot more interpretation and discussion, and with having basis in real science / physics feel a lot more heady.

My one criticism is I'll have to search harder for the literary ambition, as in what human story is this movie ultimately trying to tell. Which is a question that I feel like Nolan has only really answered with Interstellar and his Batman movies.

Also both movies are perspective flips on climate change - a huge and weighty idea to sprinkle in your film

Last edited:

momma

All Star
Daps
So this was a dud? :francis:

Absolutely not, go watch for yourself if you're curious. I'm :mjlol: at people forming their whole opinions in a matter of hours after watching this movie for the first time. Americans do not know how to consume entertainment that isn't in your face fast food. This is an intensely complex screenplay laced with weighty physics and heavy ideas that demand multiple viewings, which may or may not be a bad thing, but that's something you have to find out for yourself and give time and thought into.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Inception is only just a much more digestible film. ":gladbron: Whoa did the spinning thing stop or not?? Was he still dreaming??"

Agree to disagree. Inception is more digestible, but it's better too. IMO.

I think Tenet and Interstellar both invite a lot more interpretation and discussion, and with having basis in real science / physics feel a lot more heady.

Agreed. Interstellar addressing the theory of relativity was my favorite things about it.

Tenet addressing entropy and reverse entropy, hit different. Those were concepts I'm not at all familiar with, and Tenet didn't do much to change that. I think Tenet needed to be a series for that reason.

And I'm not sure any of the action necessitates a huge screen either. This should have been 6 episode series an hour each on Netflix.:yeshrug:

Also both movies are perspective flips on climate change - a huge and weighty idea to sprinkle in your film

Not that weighty, but Nolan is trying to warn us.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
Inception was technically a better movie. But I enjoyed TENET as much as it , always been a fan of that sci fi timeline trope