Official Summer Madness 3 Card

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn, how Smack make his money back if he'd gotta pay out over 10k and stuff to these top tier dudes

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
\

Mook want 50 :whoa:
mj-laughing.gif

Smack just need to let these nyggas starve
they getting ridiculous

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
Smack is trying to make a new wave of nikkas, so time SM5 when THESE nikkas outpricing themselves in a market that is so small, he'll do the same thing again. At the end of the day, that nikkas got to come up positive on the business standpoint. I wish Lux would have made it abundently clear that he didn't want to battle, so SMACK could have saved that Hollow and Surf battle. Mook just isn't good enough or warrant the attention to get anywhere close 5 figures. Doesn't make business sense, I STILL haven't watched that battle at SM2. Serius should be used to the atmosphere and show up next time around.

At first I was hot that he didn't have any of the top tier nikkas, but that nikka probably took a hurting on the Mook battle, Jones battle, and a couple other ones. These are solid battles he has lined up for the potential to be great. He could have reversed the NOME and SM3 card and it would have been amazing. I think someone fukked up, lied, or changed the prices. Smack had to feel confident he could have had a better card, we'll hear all the politics after the event if it bombs. WD4 though... :whoo:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
damn, how Smack make his money back if he'd gotta pay out over 10k and stuff to these top tier dudes

Nobody has ever gotten over 10k before SM2

Nobody has gotten 10k or anywhere near that after SM2. I'd say most battlers get 1k-5k a battle. Maybe 7k for an event like SM3.

Smack had to have sponsors for a lot of those battles.. No way he could afford to give out that kind of cake.

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only fukked up thing about this card is that you can't pick out the main event for sh!t....smh :stopitslime:

But the same thing some of y'all b!tch about, is exactly what's wrong with the URL scene now. I mean yeah the surf vs hitman and hollow vs lux, and b-magic vs con would of been crazy 3 match ups we all anticipated , but it's beginning to be the same cycle of names over and over again. Let's really think about it, 11 of these names on the SM3 card never touched that big of a stage (yes i'm counting jaz and ms. hustle too, CAN'T leave the bytches out lol) and it's finally here. If you were to throw lotta zay vs big kannon on there, this shyt would be epic imo on paper.
I would've liked a "Mid" Vs. "Top" event.... I don't really care for a Math/Rex Pt. 7 or any of that shyt.

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Smack is trying to make a new wave of nikkas, so time SM5 when THESE nikkas outpricing themselves in a market that is so small, he'll do the same thing again. At the end of the day, that nikkas got to come up positive on the business standpoint. I wish Lux would have made it abundently clear that he didn't want to battle, so SMACK could have saved that Hollow and Surf battle. Mook just isn't good enough or warrant the attention to get anywhere close 5 figures. Doesn't make business sense, I STILL haven't watched that battle at SM2. Serius should be used to the atmosphere and show up next time around.

At first I was hot that he didn't have any of the top tier nikkas, but that nikka probably took a hurting on the Mook battle, Jones battle, and a couple other ones. These are solid battles he has lined up for the potential to be great. He could have reversed the NOME and SM3 card and it would have been amazing. I think someone fukked up, lied, or changed the prices. Smack had to feel confident he could have had a better card, we'll hear all the politics after the event if it bombs. WD4 though... :whoo:

Like I said, NOME3 should've been SM3...there was absolutely no reason for two such big events in such a short period of time.

And Mook is not worth more than DNA right now...

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
mj-laughing.gif

Smack just need to let these nyggas starve
they getting ridiculous
which is really what this all is

smack has the name and the company and the marketing and the branding. at the end of the day he can move on and still be okay

lux tried his own league we saw where that went. not to say its impossible for another league to come up and be just as big as smack but at the end of the day outside of battle rap none of them dudes have anything significant going. this is smack way of making a new salary cap

if these dudes were major enough to get 20k in the garden then they could demand that much

these nikkas getting 2k people in a room thinking they can cash out on that. you just cant.

these nikkas getting 2 million views on avg when its local talent in the hood thats getting 9-10 million views on they music videos and they cant even command 50k for a show.

the shyt dont add up.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Daylyt should headline just for the fukkery of it all :pachaha:

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
as far as sponsors, an investor wants a return. if he invest 40k to lux then hollow says fukk that give me 25k or hell he might argue that he deserves 40k too, that is 65-80k for a 45 minute battle that will only generate a few million views and get 2-3k in a room. how do you make your money back on that?

the only way smack makes his money is through ticket sales at the door, v.i.p tickets etc. he dont have a ton of merchandise flying off the shelf, these battle rappers dont generate any income outside of people paying for the event. con being on wild and out means a check for con, maybe a small check to smack for the rights to use the url name but that check aint major, lux going on howard stern and getting jay z to tweet you go get this work, dont generate any income.

i just wish these dudes understood business. or if they want to get that type of money find a way to bring in more revenue to either the events or touring or television sponsorships or being able to pack much larger venues that can hold 10k-20k people. then people can demand astronomical numbers. 2k people in a room dont get you much to be dropping that type of price tag on people.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Like I said, NOME3 should've been SM3...there was absolutely no reason for two such big events in such a short period of time.

And Mook is not worth more than DNA right now...
Dna my nygga:comeon:
u funny as fukk

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
wat....the....fukk?

if everyone actually shows up the event could be dope...but wat the fukk?

where is lux vs. hollow?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess I should give props to Serius Jones. By being on the card, it shows that he actually wants to battle. When guys price themselves out, it means they don't want to be battle.

Has anyone shown interest in even booking these guys besides Smack/Url? Why would be pay that much if no one else is willing to pay that much?

I remember a Verb vlog from last year when he was proposing that everyone do a free battle for Smack. In that vlog, he said Smack paid for EVERYTHING & took care of the guys. Seems like Smack has been too generous to these ungrateful battle rappers.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
as far as sponsors, an investor wants a return. if he invest 40k to lux then hollow says fukk that give me 25k or hell he might argue that he deserves 40k too, that is 65-80k for a 45 minute battle that will only generate a few million views and get 2-3k in a room. how do you make your money back on that?

the only way smack makes his money is through ticket sales at the door, v.i.p tickets etc. he dont have a ton of merchandise flying off the shelf, these battle rappers dont generate any income outside of people paying for the event. con being on wild and out means a check for con, maybe a small check to smack for the rights to use the url name but that check aint major, lux going on howard stern and getting jay z to tweet you go get this work, dont generate any income.

i just wish these dudes understood business. or if they want to get that type of money find a way to bring in more revenue to either the events or touring or television sponsorships or being able to pack much larger venues that can hold 10k-20k people. then people can demand astronomical numbers. 2k people in a room dont get you much to be dropping that type of price tag on people.

He doesn't really need investors to make his money back with way more at Summer Madness event

Let's say there's 2000 people at summer madness

With 1500 paying 75, that's 112,500 dollars
Plus another 200 on stage for 300 is 60,000
Plus another 300 in VIP at 125 a person is 37,500

That's 210,000 he generated for the night, without counting any sponsors or what he's making at the bar, which is a lot.

So let's say he books the venue for 5K, pays 1 stack for security. And pays around 80K for the battlers. Then another 10 K for traveling expenses and miscellaneous things

That still leaves Smack with 114,000 for the night, not counting what he's gonna make at the bar. Some obviously goes to Beasly and Chico, but he's still leaves out of there with a cool 75,000 for one night.