Official Summer Madness 3 Card

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
So while I don't know if I'd pay these guys these ridiculous prices, it's not like Smack won't make his money back tenfold if he books them

It's like booking a regular show. Sure booking French Montana will only cost you 10 K over paying 100K for Drake. But Drake will also generate waaaaaaaaay more money for you. So by booking FM it seems like you're saving money but you're really losing money

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wat....the....fukk?

if everyone actually shows up the event could be dope...but wat the fukk?

where is lux vs. hollow?

I can't believe dudes actually thought this battle would happen.

Lux is not even an active battle rapper & has shown no interest in even wanting to battle. He just came out last year to "see if he still got it" imo. Lux enjoys attending battles, releasing a random music video, & releasing a random mixtape. The simple life. It would take a lot of money to get his interest. He performed his ass off last year, but he still choked. I would be reluctant to spend that kind of money on a guy that couldn't even complete three full rounds. If you aren't active, you can easily choke in this era. The crowd is loud, gets involved, & you have to restart. Jaz nearly choked against QB because she wasn't use to that type of crowd. I would not be surprised if Serius stumbles all over the place like he did last year.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps

Lux is not even an active battle rapper & has shown no interest in even wanting to battle. He just came out last year to "see if he still got it" imo. Lux enjoys attending battles, releasing a random music video, & releasing a random mixtape. The simple life. It would take a lot of money to get his interest. He performed his ass off last year, but he still choked. I would be reluctant to spend that kind of money on a guy that couldn't even complete three full rounds. If you aren't active, you can easily choke in this era. The crowd is loud, gets involved, & you have to restart. Jaz nearly choked against QB because she wasn't use to that type of crowd. I would not be surprised if Serius stumbles all over the place like he did last year.

:childplease:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

He's been talking about battling Hollow for 2 years

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's been talking about battling Hollow for 2 years

Whenever lux talks about battling, I never get the impression he even wants to battle. He's gonna talk about battling (because that's all he's known for) & "what he would do," but this dude ain't battling man. The guy has only had 1 battle in the last 10 years why would anyone have any faith this guy would actually battle?

MicIsGod

They like what that mean
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Lux has all the intentions of battling again. He just want that bread and knows eventually he's gonna get it.

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So while I don't know if I'd pay these guys these ridiculous prices, it's not like Smack won't make his money back tenfold if he books them

It's like booking a regular show. Sure booking French Montana will only cost you 10 K over paying 100K for Drake. But Drake will also generate waaaaaaaaay more money for you. So by booking FM it seems like you're saving money but you're really losing money
Honestly... I think Smack, has a bigger event planned.... And it'll be "Names" galore on it... For the simple fact that people are pissed now, they're gonna snap when he announces his next card... He'll cake off that one...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would've liked a "Mid" Vs. "Top" event.... I don't really care for a Math/Rex Pt. 7 or any of that shyt.

Hell me either, that's why i would of easily replaced that with a match up like i stated earlier Lotta vs Big Kannon, or even Lotta vs Bigg K

RichYung

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lux has all the intentions of battling again. He just want that bread and knows eventually he's gonna get it.
If he pays Lux, 50K or whatever number it is, watch how this battle shyt goes lol.... Look at how nikkas acting over that 25k Mook, got...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
as far as sponsors, an investor wants a return. if he invest 40k to lux then hollow says fukk that give me 25k or hell he might argue that he deserves 40k too, that is 65-80k for a 45 minute battle that will only generate a few million views and get 2-3k in a room. how do you make your money back on that?

the only way smack makes his money is through ticket sales at the door, v.i.p tickets etc. he dont have a ton of merchandise flying off the shelf, these battle rappers dont generate any income outside of people paying for the event. con being on wild and out means a check for con, maybe a small check to smack for the rights to use the url name but that check aint major, lux going on howard stern and getting jay z to tweet you go get this work, dont generate any income.

i just wish these dudes understood business. or if they want to get that type of money find a way to bring in more revenue to either the events or touring or television sponsorships or being able to pack much larger venues that can hold 10k-20k people. then people can demand astronomical numbers. 2k people in a room dont get you much to be dropping that type of price tag on people.

I co-sign everything you said ma' dude.....that's why Verb is probably the smartest battle rapper in a business sense besides maybe Ars. Yeah it's sad to say, but the days of doing it because you are trying to prove as a battle rapper is easing out the back door. URL is damn near becoming like the record industry, once you get some notoriety n!ggas start losing that hunger slowly but surely.

As far as trying to bring more revenue, or more importantly the biggest market possible....that's honestly a combination of smack and his team, battle rappers actually doing this sh!t with some drive and passion to put on TRUE "classic" battles, and us fans supporting as much as possible. That's why he's trying to push the UFF sh!t so much, hell to see smack on HBO would be CRAZY!. To see smack get a webstar hall, or stage 48 is dope don't get me wrong and a huge step, but you better believe he wants to get to the garden one day. To be honest Smack's best connect to making that power move is obviously through Puff, not just because he has the bread and sponsorship of course, but first and foremost he's been a fan of the culture since the beginning.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Honestly... I think Smack, has a bigger event planned.... And it'll be "Names" galore on it... For the simple fact that people are pissed now, they're gonna snap when he announces his next card... He'll cake off that one...

I agree. I think he'll make the October or December show crazy. Last year Armageddon was ridiculous on paper

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
He doesn't really need investors to make his money back with way more at Summer Madness event

Let's say there's 2000 people at summer madness

With 1500 paying 75, that's 112,500 dollars
Plus another 200 on stage for 300 is 60,000
Plus another 300 in VIP at 125 a person is 37,500

That's 210,000 he generated for the night, without counting any sponsors or what he's making at the bar, which is a lot.

So let's say he books the venue for 5K, pays 1 stack for security. And pays around 80K for the battlers. Then another 10 K for traveling expenses and miscellaneous things

That still leaves Smack with 114,000 for the night, not counting what he's gonna make at the bar. Some obviously goes to Beasly and Chico, but he's still leaves out of there with a cool 75,000 for one night.
i got you but i think you have to up those other expenses

first off you not booking no place in ny that holds 2k people for 5k, that def is going to be around 20k.

you not paying no security team 1k for a day of work unless its only a few dudes. never been to an event so i dont know the extent of muscle smack has. if its only a few dudes checking at the door then yea but if he has a staff of security you dropping 5k at least for a 15-20 man team

then factor in having to pay for hotels, room service plane tickets, factor in the production team, factor in the editing team and whatever he gives twizz don demarco has to get paid for those corny ass don demarco drops, not saying smack dont walk away with no profit im sure he walks away with something but then here comes the irs taking 20% of those earnings.

so it goes right back to, unless the venue gets bigger and smack can clear a million easy, then you can drop 80k for 1 battle

do those figures you just posted then think about how much he had to drop to make sm2 happen, if mook got 20k, lux got 15, solomon, jones, rex, verb and i think ness got 10k, hitman,calicoe, clips, and i think dna got 7k. john john probably got 2k. thats more than 100k just for battles.

again not saying smack takes nothing home, just saying to drop that much for mediocre battles that the fans will complain about and then watch matches like jc and chilla that probably only cost about 3-4k get called a classic then you can see why smack going this route. as in investor you would got this route too.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year

if lux vs hollow could fill the garden up, smack would have booked it

lux vs hollow still only gets you at tops 3k spectators, then you would have to hope the city dont shut you down because of fire and safety violations due to over crowding and going waay past the legal limit. if the place only legally is allowed 1500 people, cramming 3k people could get the place shut down, all those guys lose they money and smack could get hit with a crazy fine.
so if smack using s.o.b's then no matter what that same 1500 or whatever is allowed is getting inside the event

now im not sure what other venues are in ny that can hold lets say 5k people but that should be where smack would want to bump it up to, in order to make lux vs hollow happen.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
if lux vs hollow could fill the garden up, smack would have booked it

lux vs hollow still only gets you at tops 3k spectators, then you would have to hope the city dont shut you down because of fire and safety violations due to over crowding and going waay past the legal limit. if the place only legally is allowed 1500 people, cramming 3k people could get the place shut down, all those guys lose they money and smack could get hit with a crazy fine.
so if smack using s.o.b's then no matter what that same 1500 or whatever is allowed is getting inside the event

now im not sure what other venues are in ny that can hold lets say 5k people but that should be where smack would want to bump it up to, in order to make lux vs hollow happen.

I dunno, I have a lot of promoter friends, I don't think Smack paying 20K to book a show at these buildings. Maybe closer to 10 then 5 tho. I think he could've booked it where Lux/Hollow battled at around 50 K. Which is steep as hell, but if you take Serius, Math, Rex, Calicoe off the card, and replace it with that and keep the rest of the card it works. Cause most of these guys don't get paid anything. O-Red who is a vet, barely gets 2K a battle. JC, Daylyt, Swave, etc..barely get a stack.

Bone$

Dynasty Continues...
Daps
Not feeling the card, but also not feeling top tier Nyggas taking shots at smack just cause they not on the card.. That ain't gangsta, Nyggas straight hating on the event