Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I'm caught up on seasons 1 and 2 now, so I'll be joining y'all for the fukkery next season. Took a minute cuz I had to match my watching schedule with my girls watching schedule. Anyway shyt is dope, though I am wondering how they'll keep it fresh without going too far over the top. Plus, while I'm enjoying everything that is happening, I do think there may be a time limit on how long I can watch these rich pieces of shyt throw feces at each other. The writers have earned the benefit of the doubt though, thats for sure, because so far they've managed to keep keep that magic balance of portraying unlikable characters without their conflicts becoming obnoxious and reducing the audience to apathy over who "wins" and "loses."

Greg and Tom are my favorite characters. They keep me:mjlol:

On another note, Shiv's booty:ohlawd:

I swear when that pink dress episode happened, me and my girl both looked at the screen like we were mad, like this chick got ass?:dahell:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Even though I liked the show since (my second viewing of) the Pilot episode, when I tell people about the show I tell them it "gets good" once Logan wakes up.

That's what I stay telling people. I be like u gotta power they the first few episodes and once Logan back......:blessed:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The first couple of episodes really ARE good, but if you don't understand what kind of show you're watching all the jokes will go over your head on first viewing.
I’m still not getting how critics missed this being part dark comedy. Soon as they opened up with Kendall listening to rap and his incompetent portrayal of being powerful I was :mjgrin:

Also interesting that Logan was supposed to be a one and done, they had this dude bounce back from dementia like that shyt was the flu :heh:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I’m still not getting how critics missed this being part dark comedy. Soon as they opened up with Kendall listening to rap and his incompetent portrayal of being powerful I was :mjgrin:

Also interesting that Logan was supposed to be a one and done, they had this dude bounce back from dementia like that shyt was the flu :heh:
I have to confess that when I watched it on the Sunday it premiered I didn't see that it was a comedy.
Then when I got to work someone was asking if I saw that new show "Succession". I told him "It wasn't all that good".
He was like "what are you talking about? It was so funny!"
Me:
:dahell:What do you mean "funny"?

Then, I re-watched it on Wednesday and I was hooked :ohhh:.
There's a lot going on that you won't notice if you just watch the pilot sitting in front of your computer or looking at your phone.

For example, at first I thought Greg was just an idiot who wasn't smart enough to carry cab fare. Then when I rewatched it I realized Shiv took all his money to buy soda, and he was letting the siblings have their way with him because he was trying to figure out a scheme to ally himself with the one most likely to give him power.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I have to confess that when I watched it on the Sunday it premiered I didn't see that it was a comedy.
Then when I got to work someone was asking if I saw that new show "Succession". I told him "It wasn't all that good".
He was like "what are you talking about? It was so funny!"
Me:
:dahell:What do you mean "funny"?

Then, I re-watched it on Wednesday and I was hooked :ohhh:.
There's a lot going on that you won't notice if you just watch the pilot sitting in front of your computer or looking at you phone.
That’s why it took me so long to watch season two. I’m the queen of distracted tv/movie watching. Had to watch it when I had my mind right and could give it my full attention

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yea it’s still interesting to me that people didn’t realize it was a dark comedy but I can see that if you weren’t watching fully.

I knew what time it was when Greg threw up in that mascot costume after smoking weed and he tried to explain it to his mom :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Yea it’s still interesting to me that people didn’t realize it was a dark comedy but I can see that if you weren’t watching fully.

I knew what time it was when Greg threw up in that mascot costume after smoking weed and he tried to explain it to his mom :mjlol:
The cinematography throws it off. I knew it would have comedic elements from jump because I saw Adam McKay produced it.