Official Succession Thread đźź  Season 4 Currently Airing

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Tom is going to be the “blood sacrifice”

Felt to me like they were indicating it was going to be Kendall (the voice on the TV said Kendall Roy right after Logan told Shiv it was time for a blood sacrifice). Kendall showed Logan he's a threat again during the hearing.

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
They also know a lot about him too. Would be interesting, specially if Shiv sides with the family.

Shiv is unhappy with the way Logan jerked her

She doesn't really respect Tom, but she does have feelings for him enough to not let him get scapegoated

Remember, we don't know Logan's full involvement and what he's hiding about what went on.

If it's bad enough, no way she let's Tom go down like that

In the end, I can see her actually running with Pierce or someone else to spite him

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
Felt to me like they were indicating it was going to be Kendall (the voice on the TV said Kendall Roy right after Logan told Shiv it was time for a blood sacrifice). Kendall showed Logan he's a threat again during the hearing.

Just caught the promo for next week. Looks like the board wants Logan to be the sacrifice but I think there is no way that Logan agrees to that. Ego too big. He'd bring to the company to its knees before giving it up.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
But then at the end when he told Logan "Man... I could write a book. Still got the diaries, but whose got the time" :ghostdoh:

He ain't gonna let himself go out like that :patricelol:

This show is so dope. Even the patsy has an exit strategy.

Matter fact - the only people with no exit strategy are the people who think money is the best exit strategy when it really isn't and they're left scrambling :ehh:

I bet he has already talked to Gil. That's why he was there.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn...haven’t read any of the comments yet nor watched the episode...about to watch it in a few but something serious must’ve really happened the way this thread has been getting bumped continuously...super excited to watch this ep

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Shiv is unhappy with the way Logan jerked her

She doesn't really respect Tom, but she does have feelings for him enough to not let him get scapegoated

Remember, we don't know Logan's full involvement and what he's hiding about what went on.

If it's bad enough, no way she let's Tom go down like that

In the end, I can see her actually running with Pierce or someone else to spite him

This.

It ain't Tom. Tom is a "fun" scapegoat, but not a Season Finale type scapegoat.

I think Logan is planning on Kendall, but I don't think it's gonna be as easy as he thinks (Logan that is).

I have no idea how it's gonna play out - I'm just looking forward to this shyt

This + Mr. Robot...

:babyno:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
This.

I think Logan is planning on Kendall, but I don't think it's gonna be as easy as he thinks (Logan that is).

This + Mr. Robot...

TV has been excellent this year, went from Snowfall to this and now Mr. Robot is back and Watchmen looks like it has great potential. WATTBA :banderas:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This.

This + Mr. Robot...

It has to be Greg. Bringing him up at the hearing as the one who signed out the documents and his whole storyline of taking the documents out the fire HAS to go somewhere. Serving up Greg, makes the next season more volatile because he has all the information and has been recording conversations with his phone. None of the kids are getting cut and neither is Gerri. It has to be Greg because we dont care about anyone else.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
It has to be Greg. Bringing him up at the hearing as the one who signed out the documents and his whole storyline of taking the documents out the fire HAS to go somewhere. Serving up Greg, makes the next season more volatile because he has all the information and has been recording conversations with his phone. None of the kids are getting cut and neither is Gerri. It has to be Greg because we dont care about anyone else.

I'm not sure...

I think (if it does actually happen) it's gonna have to be one of the kids, or at least the episode starts with one of the kids on the chopping block then they flip it on Logan somehow.

Because if it's someone like Greg or Tom, even if they have information, most of their arc next season will be them separated from the entire family because they'll be on the "outs" and their way back in would involve a whole group of new people.

If it's one of the kids, we'll still see them interact with their siblings and their father.

If it's Tom or Greg or someone like that, they'll never be in a room with the majority of the Roy family again

:patrice:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm not sure...

I think (if it does actually happen) it's gonna have to be one of the kids, or at least the episode starts with one of the kids on the chopping block then they flip it on Logan somehow.

Because if it's someone like Greg or Tom, even if they have information, most of their arc next season will be them separated from the entire family because they'll be on the "outs" and their way back in would involve a whole group of new people.

If it's one of the kids, we'll still see them interact with their siblings and their father.

If it's Tom or Greg or someone like that, they'll never be in a room with the majority of the Roy family again

:patrice:
Its not going to be Tom. From a writing perspective, his value lies in both his and Shiv's relationship. Him getting canned removes an entire dynamic from the show. If he's on the outs Shiv HAS to be written as on the outs as well. And she wouldnt be, so its not Tom. Greg slowly becoming accepted as family and acknowledged directly by Logan as family means he's the most disposable "blood" in the room. And he also happens to be the exact person the congressional hearing can pin the cover-up on directly. The only Roy they can go after. He also is the one who's most aware of what was happening on the cruise line (other than Tom) and the only one written to be a whistle-blower for the past 2 seasons. If the writers dont use it now, there was never a purpose to his character even existing. It will have the most impact both now, and next season. If they dont use it now, whatever they use it for will be severely less impactful from a writing/story standpoint. Greg can exist OUTSIDE the family dynamic right now. Its why they pushed Ewan back into the forefront and his ultimatum to Greg. That was for us as viewers, its a plot device.

IMO of course....

Daps
You took that as Kendall becoming a threat again? I took that as Kendall being Logan’s well kept attack dog defending daddy. Kendall def showed his nuts this episode, but he still got Chappaquiddikked; that didn’t just go away and he and Logan both know that.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
You took that as Kendall becoming a threat again? I took that as Kendall being Logan’s well kept attack dog defending daddy. Kendall def showed his nuts this episode, but he still got Chappaquiddikked; that didn’t just go away and he and Logan both know that.
YeahLogan threw him under the bus at the hearing. Kendall was just able to handle it. He still doesn't think much of dude, he walked away when he tried to introduce him to Naomi.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

I forgot Greg has been recording conversations on his phone. You're right, they have to come back to that somehow.