Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia

I know that recent New Yorker article kinda made him seem high maintenance but you’ve gotta respect Jeremy Strong’s dedication to his craft.

I’m still kinda shocked there was so much discourse over whether or not they killed Kendall. Not only is he the MVP, that would have been wildly out of character for this show.

dk why people think it's pretentious to work at trying to be better at what you do for a living and possibly ultimately end one of the best at it.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dk why people think it's pretentious to work at trying to be better at what you do for a living and possibly ultimately end one of the best at it.
Eh, the concern that Cox had was that when someone has to emotionally put themselves in that place constantly, that it can fukk with you.

How Brian Cox Really Feels About Succession’s Jeremy Strong

Journalist Michael Schulman expertly explored what makes Strong tick and discovered that his intense, immersive acting method might not be everyone’s cup of tea.

“To me, the stakes are life and death,” Strong is quoted, describing how earnest he is about playing Kendall, even injuring himself twice in his pursuit of authenticity. “I take him as seriously as I take my own life.”

When Cox is asked about Strong’s method in the article, he’s diplomatic if not slightly concerned about his process, although he admits Strong’s performances are fantastic.

“I just worry about what he does to himself; I worry about the crises he puts himself through in order to prepare,” Cox said. And elsewhere, “I just feel that he just has to be kinder to himself, and therefore has to be a bit kinder to everybody else.”

Brian Cox Worried Succession Star Jeremy Strong Method Acting Burnout – The Hollywood Reporter

“The thing about Jeremy’s approach is it works in terms of what comes out the other end,” Cox told Meyers. “My problem — and, it’s not a problem, I don’t have a problem with Jeremy because he’s delightful. … He’s an extraordinary dad. He’s a pretty unique individual. But, he does get obsessed with the work. And I worry about what it does to him, because if you can’t separate yourself — because you’re dealing with all of this material every day. You can’t live in it. Eventually, you get worn out.”

Cox pointed to another brilliant, multiple Oscar-winning actor to make his point. “Like, to me, Daniel Day-Lewis got worn out at 55 and decided to retire because [he] couldn’t go on doing that every day,” Cox said. “It’s too consuming. And I do worry about it. But the result — what everyone says about Jeremy — the result is always extraordinary and excellent.”

Someone posted a tweet about the scene where he confessed to the waiter death and how he didn't feel like he was nailing it and he said something like he felt like he has failed as an actor. That's some tough shyt to put yourself through for one scene.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Shiv: ....so, we just wanted to get together to tell that we love you. :wow:

Kendall: .........What? :dwillhuh::dahell:

The intervention was basically four versions of Logan sitting around the table like

55f137.jpg

:mjlol:
They're all so keen to prove they can succeed him, that they're doing impressions of him to each other.
"Y'know what? fukk it? :yeshrug::leon::mjlol:" as the acceptance for the marriage proposal :dead:

Shiv ethering Roman as their mom walks down the aisle :damn:

Greg is a full fledged chamaeleon now :win:. Man talked out of both sides of his face without blinking

Kendall finally imploding :merchant::merchant::merchant:That slow collapse into the confession was amazingly acted.

Roman rationalizing it :merchant::merchant::merchant::merchant::merchant::merchant::merchant:

The shows first genuine sibling moments coming after that is :mindblown:

Greg's "What am I gonna do with a soul, anyway? :yeshrug::ehh::leon::mjgrin:" might be the coldest line in this whole season. He completed the turn to the darkside from the goofy b*stard in the first season.

Tom showing up at the end like "Hey, Shiv :mjgrin:" :deadmanny:

Goddamn, this season was a ballet of fukkery. :salute:

“A Ballet of fukkery” might be the most nikka was to explain this show. I love it.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ

I mean, Jordan just did a whole 8 part documentary trying to explain away why people thought he was an a$$hole. We only see the results. It’s pretentious when you trying to the best at your craft interferes with other people doing their job. (I’m a huge fan of the results by the way so i get it. But i also get why people would happily shyt on him to reporters).

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Logan more concerned with winning than logic. Seeing the kids so broken at the end was :wow:

Final scene was incredible. Their Mom really don't give a fukk about them
I think at one point he wanted one of them to take over but it just become more and more apparent to him that none were worthy so he said fukk it. Now his only goal/joy is to shoot down their attempts to gun at him and kick them to see if they'll come back and do it all over again until his last breath.

"Make your own pile :hhh:" :mjlol:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
:banderas: Shiv was looking extra thick this episode my gosh!

Next season gonna be war :demonic:

Was it me or did Kendall have a :youngsabo: a lil at the end?
I really thought Ken was done, nothing left to do and an arc on it's last breath :mjcry:

But then he was reborn. :wow: baptized in that pool water, resuscitated by Greg's girl, sins confessed to his siblings :wow:

Ken Set is coming for that W in season four :ohlawd: