Official Succession Thread 🟠 Season 4 Currently Airing

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
That shyt with Kendall was sad...all that money, all that pomp and circumstance....and he was all alone

Roman is a fukking dealmaker holy shyt...he knows how to talk to people but I don't know if he knows how to run the company, that's the problem

Shiv is a mess...that ass though :ohlawd:

Yo I swear, Connor comes on the screen and immediately I'm like Oh God what now....why is this motherfukker in a cast :laff:

TOM SET WE AIN'T GOING TO JAIL :dj2:

My man Gregg...good shyt man....good shyt :mjgrin:

apparently he fukked his shoulder up IRL so they had to write it into the show.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
indeed

And Greg is the only person Tom can boss up on.

Another thing that is underrated about Kendall’s downfall is that everyone was interested in his pitch. Everyone wanted to leave Logan and wanted to find a man avenue for themselves and Kendall fukked it up each time. Even Tom was willing to listen and Kendall fukked that up.

Cause he can’t close. It’s his biggest weakness. I think he has the best ideas while Roman is the best negotiator. I hate to come off sexist, but i have no clue what I’m supposed to believe Shiv is good at business wise. Maybe she has the best connections of the three? But she couldn’t leverage them when she needed to so who knows. It’s fascinating that the perfect heir to Logan is a combination of all his kids.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Cause he can’t close. It’s his biggest weakness. I think he has the best ideas while Roman is the best negotiator. I hate to come off sexist, but i have no clue what I’m supposed to believe Shiv is good at business wise. Maybe she has the best connections of the three? But she couldn’t leverage them when she needed to so who knows. It’s fascinating that the perfect heir to Logan is a combination of all his kids.
WIth Shiv, she has credibility because of she is the rich, white, feminist-adjacent, liberal.

But good point about Kendall being a terrible closer. Everyone was ready to leave Logan and hear Kendall out and he came at all of them with nonsense.

Slic Ric

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You didn't get any gay overtones with "I'd castrate and marry you in a heartbeat"?? :russ:
:russ: maybe, but I think that's just Tom being tom and their relationship. He obviously has a bond with Greg, but it mostly stems on the fact Greg is the ONLY person in his life he can bully and let out his frustration with. Its a control thing

Daps
There's no "gay" overtones/undertones to the Tom-Greg dynamic.

And it's less about Tom trying to gain control or displacing himself as the beta and casting Greg into that role, and more about seeing himself in Greg. Deep down Tom sees himself as a cuck, and any sexual bon mot towards Greg is only projection; he=Shiv and Greg=him. In fact, he loves Greg in a platonic sense (it manifests itself through his actions) because he seeks out that type of attention he gives Greg, that he isn't getting from Shiv or anyone else. The 'tough love' he shows is a defense mechanism because he lacks emotional currency, as it's never paid to him.

Greg is essentially the only connection he has to himself.

5556.png

That's the love he has for him.

Their last exchange is basically the dynamic, in a nutshell:

Tom - "You seem much happier than me, Greg"
Greg - "I feel happy, I guess it's not a finite pie, we both can be happy"
Tom - "Yeah, sure, but it's supposed to be me that's happy, and it's you. How did that happen? I took the wrong drugs in the wrong order, and I can't get happy"
Greg - "Well, can't you just be happy you're free?"
Tom - "No, because you've ruined it"
Greg - "How have I ruined it?"
Tom - "I don't know, you just have".

Last edited:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
did anyone see that offer logan gave kendall? kendall has like 12M shares of waystar royco and they were offering him like $156 a share to buy him out. he was gonna walk out with over $2.1B and he said no :mindblown:

That's him admitting he will always need his father's guidance. He's already rich enough to have been doing his own thing but, with $2B you can start whatever and do whatever.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
There's no "gay" overtones/undertones to the Tom-Greg dynamic.

And it's less about Tom trying to gain control or displacing himself as the beta and casting Greg into that role, and more about seeing himself in Greg. Deep down Tom sees himself as a cuck, and any sexual bon mot towards Greg is only projection; he=Shiv and Greg=him. In fact, he loves Greg in a platonic sense (it manifests itself through his actions) because he seeks out that type of attention he gives Greg, that he isn't getting from Shiv or anyone else. The 'tough love' he shows is a defense mechanism because he lacks emotional currency, as it's never paid to him.

Greg is essentially the only connection he has to himself.

5556.png

That's the love he has for him.

Their last exchange is basically the dynamic, in a nutshell:

Tom - "You seem much happier than me, Greg"
Greg - "I feel happy, I guess it's not a finite pie, we both can be happy"
Tom - "Yeah, sure, but it's supposed to be me that's happy, and it's you. How did that happen? I took the wrong drugs in the wrong order, and I can't get happy"
Greg - "Well, can't you just be happy you're free?"
Tom - "No, because you've ruined it"
Greg - "How have I ruined it?"
Tom - "I don't know, you just have".

Excellent analysis.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
That's him admitting he will always need his father's guidance. He's already rich enough to have been doing his own thing but, with $2B you can start whatever and do whatever.

The brilliance of this show is that these people are so rich, that money is meaningless to them. 2 billion won’t change much of anything about Kendall’s life right now. He already has fukk off money. All the kids are fighting and clawing for Logan’s love really. I don’t even think they really want to be in charge as much as they want to be the one Logan bestows as worthy.