Official Succession Thread đźź  Season 4 Currently Airing

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It’s upsetting how bad Shiv is at reading the room for such a “smart” person. The fact that it took her this long to realize she’s not taken serious by her father is ridiculous. I’m curious if she’s going to take Tom and join Kendall’s dying ship.
Roman being the true heir is really earned and a testament to the great writing of this show. Nazi aside, dude is the best pick of the 4, he really does have the best instincts of the bunch, while Shiv is still letting her ideology cloud her judgment.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
It’s upsetting how bad Shiv is at reading the room for such a “smart” person. The fact that it took her this long to realize she’s not taken serious by her father is ridiculous. I’m curious if she’s going to take Tom and join Kendall’s dying ship.
Roman being the true heir is really earned and a testament to the great writing of this show. Nazi aside, dude is the best pick of the 4, he really does have the best instincts of the bunch, while Shiv is still letting her ideology cloud her judgment.

and the wild shyt is that she literally has a “mother” figure in Jerry who does know how to read the room, which is why you don’t see Jerry AT ALL in this episode. She knows how to play her position

Meanwhile Shiv is buzzing around like a house fly and thinking that flapping her wings harder will get her noticed.

Being able to vomit up a bunch of talking points (like any other random ass candidate) isn’t gonna get you anywhere. And now she realizes she has nowhere to go because:
- her husband might go to prison
- she can’t survive without Logan
- linking with Kendall is a suicide mission
- holding out for glory at Waystar is better than nothing
- being treated like a wet food stamp by Logan is better than not being acknowledged

She’s either going to snap and make more of an ass of herself OR be the “thing” that gets him jammed up by the government (which ain’t happening).

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
and the wild shyt is that she literally has a “mother” figure in Jerry who does know how to read the room, which is why you don’t see Jerry AT ALL in this episode. She knows how to play her position

Meanwhile Shiv is buzzing around like a house fly and thinking that flapping her wings harder will get her noticed.

Being about to vomit up a bunch of taking points (like any other random ass candidate) isn’t gonna get you anywhere. And now she realizes she has nowhere to go because:
- her husband might go to prison
- she can’t survive without Logan
- linking with Kendall is a suicide mission
- holding out for glory at Waystar is better than nothing
- being treated like a wet food stamp by Logan is better than not being acknowledged

She’s either going to snap and make more of an ass of herself OR be the “thing” that gets him jammed up by the government (which ain’t happening).

Right. The 1 quality Logan keeps looking for in his children is that business like ruthlessness and Roman is the only one close to showing it consistently. One of the podcast i was listening to pointed out in last weeks episode that the thing Logan kept trying to convey through his illness is that if Sandy and them had them by the balls they would have tried to bury them already, because that’s exactly what he would have done. So the fact that they were coming to him with demands they could have made months ago let him know he had the upper hand in the negotiation and didn’t really need to give them shyt. Shiv couldn’t see any of this because she was so concerned with “not losing”. She’s not a killer.

Roman wasn’t being a killer when he also bigged up Jerry for the CEO position. But he is the most like Logan and looks like he’ll be the easiest to mold.

I really think Logan respected Kendall’s play at the end of last season, until he realized he had no real plan and JUST did it to lash out, not to really bury his dad.

Even the racist presidential candidate earned Logan’s respect when he had the balls to talk all that shyt about his company “to his face”. (Or within clear earshot). Dude has his beliefs but he also knows how to play the game and that’s what Roman and Logan both see that shiv doesn’t.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Yo, what's good with Tom :pachaha:

Did I miss something or didn't breh volunteer to go to prison on some take one for the team shyt? Why'd he volunteer to do time if he's going to torture himself over the possibilities on some Tom DuBois anal rape nightmare shyt :mjlol:
he wanted to see if they would reassure him that they wouldn't let him go
when both Shiv and Logan were like ok :yeshrug: he freaked out because he realized they really would do it if given the chance

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
he wanted to see if they would reassure him that they wouldn't let him go
when both Shiv and Logan were like ok :yeshrug: he freaked out because he realized they really would do it if given the chance
Tom went the HHH route and married the bosses daughter thinking shyt was sweet

He did'nt realize that the Roys will ship this motherfukker up shyts Creek in a heartbeat if it means they don't see a day in prison

This whole episode was so good...I wanted it to go even longer because the fukkery was building

Logan is a pure unadulterated piece of shyt and just when you think that, you get a reminder that their Mom is an utter piece of shyt as well

How you getting remarried and didn't invite any of your kids to the wedding...they don't even know who this new cat is :laff:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This battle between Shiv and Roman is the surprise of the season. Can’t believe the W’s Roman is racking up and the pure L’s Shiv is taking every single episode. And Kendall almost seems pointless this season, breh can’t really still think he has any leverage in this :dahell:
He does though. If he leaks Tom met with him in secret it shows he’s not fully loyal to the family. Whether it’s proven or not he flipped the meeting alone will make the Roy’s turn on him. It was scumbaggery behavior but smart. It’s not the same guy who made it sound like he was willing to take the knife willingly for the fam. I also think it was him being like his dad and had direct correlation to when he says about the rumor he started it doesn’t matter if it’s true it’s just about people believing it’s true. Logan is not trusting his empire in Toms hands. His son and law and main dude behind the cover up says Logan told me everything will put the death blow to Logan and have him out. It would also make Shiv turn on her dad or not have his back at best.Shes a PC warrior for optics. Your brother and husband going against your dad on some sexual assault cover up shyt . Shiv only cares about shiv. I think Kendall seeing how his government meeting was a flop and his lawyer cutting and run when she sees there no case . Woke him up. I think he realized he’s going against a GOD and he needs to get his hands dirty to stand a chance . Firing the lawyer was a smart move too she basically said fukk you when the case fell apart. If you that rich your lawyers are supposed to damn near break laws to make you happy. She literally called dude a idiot. Him downplaying the firing was smart too in hindsight. You can’t show panic as a leader. He was also ignoring Greg and texted him that he didn’t forget about him and he’s still on his ass. Seems like we might get focused Kendall back. His pitch to Tom was heavy handed but real af too. He knows Shiv isn’t staying with him he goes to prison. The idea is literally laughable . But it hurt Tom because deep down he knows it’s true . Which is why he keeps bringing up prison to Shiv. He wants reassurance and she knows that so she plays dumb and offers sex instead lol. Cold blooded hoe :russ:

Last edited:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Holy shyt Roman truly is the one that resembles their father the most.

Shiv is a complete push over.
Rhea exposed Shiv and broke her down to a T last season. The only reason she looks so good all the time when she talks is because she’s treated with kiddie gloves because everyone is scared of the Roy’s and don’t want to potentially have her as a enemy or piss of Logan. The racist right wing prick was giving her love taps and had her visibly upset and flustered. She also thought she won the back and forth when he starts shytting on ATN. But Logan respected it was ballsy and showed he knew how to play chess masterfully. Even the “no disrespect to Logan Roy” was some wink wink I’m just putting on a show. Shiv telling Roman my opinion means more then yours I think was the death blow to how Logan saw her. It showed she can’t get anything off merit and has to rely on her being her dads favorite kid

Last edited:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Holy shyt Roman truly is the one that resembles their father the most.

Shiv is a complete push over.
Roman started this show as a completely buffoon and is now coming in to his own as the ruthless heir that his father thought he couldn't be

It's been fun to watch

Low key though...there was some seriously weird vibes I got with him and the politician that Shiv hates :hubie: