Official Stranger Things Season 2 Thread

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm on the fifth episode and enjoying it. Bit surprised a lot of people seem to be down on it.

blalienz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Right now, nowhere
Interesting. I felt like season 1 and 2 were equally guilty of the same thing. When Max gave her meta commentary to Lucas about the story of El being pretty good but derivative, it was pretty much how I felt about season 1. They both rely on outright cliches. Season 1 was never interested in subverting 80s movies and books, it only wanted to become one of them. And once I realized that last year, I was able to enjoy it for what it was. Those reset expectations helped me like season 2 without hoping for it to outthink the material that inspired it like I did when I came into the first season.

I admit I was also relieved and surprised at there being no twist villains, like from Alien(s). I was expecting for there to be a "I'm actually evil" reveal at some point from Bob or Dr. Owens but nope. They had their different motives, but none of them involved screwing each other over to fulfill some perfunctory need for a human antagonist. Everyone was ultimately united together. And watching all of the characters interact and help each other, from the doctor down to the kids really made me appreciate the town and all of the different personalities that got thrown together to stop a monster. It helped to maintain the tension for me because their bonds, as flimsy and forged through circumstance as some of them were, were genuine.

I think I'd rate both seasons 8/10.
THIS:pachaha:
I thought the people from the Hawkins lab planted Bob to get in good wit will's fam to keep tabs on em and to trick will into letting the mind flayer get him. Then i thought Dr. Owens was gonna purposefully give Bob the wrong directions so he can get ate up.

Last edited:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Bread with Syrup :scust:

DetailedPertinentImpala-small.gif